Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Feb 1, 2018, 02:00 AM   #931
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'm talking about the cartridges not the actual Nintendo software.

The cartridges were super expensive on the 3ds but as production increased higher capacity got cheaper.

As for your post.

I mean they sold 9 million Mario in what 2 months? Thats quite a bit it of pumping out. Good resell is why I buy Nintendo games on physical

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2018, 08:25 AM   #932
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Good resell is why I buy Nintendo games on physical
Hell yeah. Its amazing how the Mario games on systems as old as SNES, N64, and GameCube have retained their value, even as common as they are. Super Mario World still goes for at least $25 all day for a loose cartridge.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2018, 04:47 PM   #933
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

'Sounds like a bunch of games got announced today, including Smash Bros... although we don't know if it's a new game or just a "delux" version.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 15, 2018, 03:35 PM   #934
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

So the switch is finally in the house hold

I picked up the system for my son for his birthday last week.

Along with the..

pro-controller(one of the best controllers I've used)
Mario Odessey
Mario Kart
and this weekend picked him up Splat Toon

I'll say it now. This thing is well executed and probably one of the purist consoles I have bought in a long time.
Heads and shoulders better than the WiiU.

I'm going to pick up Zelda this week for myself.
Not that the kids can't play it but they haven't taken to Odyssey yet so
I'm not sure if Zelda will be their cup of tea either.

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Zotac Amp gtx 1080 - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2018, 04:06 PM   #935
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Zelda is the must title, can't say I've spent much time on the switch since then though other than for some MP Mario kart. Thinking about it I played that on the WiiU! It's Odessey i spent all my time on the switch
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2018, 12:21 AM   #936
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

I finished Mario Odyssey this last week. Enjoyable game. Lots more content to do if I decide to get more power moons. It doesn't stack up to Galaxy, but then again very few games do.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Apr 16, 2018, 06:34 AM   #937
lviz
On my way

lviz is still being judged by the masses

I finished the last of the divine beasts on Saturday. There are still quite a lot shrines that I've not found, but I think that I'll go for Ganon anyways. I think that I'll finish the game, and then return to exploring using some older save.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 07:27 AM   #938
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

You can finish the game and keep exploring, no reason to use a different save.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 09:47 AM   #939
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
You can finish the game and keep exploring, no reason to use a different save.
Did they update something with that?

I thought the way it was is after you defeat Ganon and try to play again on that game file it reverts you to the last save before the final boss.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:17 AM   #940
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Did they update something with that?

I thought the way it was is after you defeat Ganon and try to play again on that game file it reverts you to the last save before the final boss.
That could be the way it still works, I just remember after I beat Ganon I just started exploring on the same game save.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:23 AM   #941
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
That could be the way it still works, I just remember after I beat Ganon I just started exploring on the same game save.
Pretty sure it is, because when you defeat Ganon all the monsters in Hyrule disappear and the land is peaceful. So it wouldn't make much sense to explore the world after beating the game if there's no enemies to fight.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 02:57 AM   #942
lviz
On my way

lviz is still being judged by the masses

Good to know that the game works like that. I'd like to do more exploring every now and then, but I also want to see how the game ends. It's basically the only game I've been playing since Switch was released, and would like to see it finished soon.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 08:51 AM   #943
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lviz View Post
Good to know that the game works like that. I'd like to do more exploring every now and then, but I also want to see how the game ends. It's basically the only game I've been playing since Switch was released, and would like to see it finished soon.
Yeah at some point after playing the game off and on for 6 months and having the main quest like a cloud over my head I just said screw it and decided to fight Ganon and finish it. Now I can just jump in for some exploring, knocking out a few more shrines, and just messing around whenever I want without worrying that I still need to beat this or that dungeon or finish the main story.

I actually do this in most big games nowadays too. Just focus on the main quest, then if I want to do side stuff I'll go back to it later. If not I'll just move on without the feeling that I left something unfinished.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 06:28 PM   #944
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Just picked up Splatoon 2. I have to admit, the game is a blast so far. Very different from your typical fps.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2018, 06:33 PM   #945
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Seems like Nintendo pulled donkey Kong from the Wii u eShop, classy.
Old May 2, 2018, 08:21 PM   #946
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Why?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2018, 05:07 AM   #947
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

I can only assume that they can't have the same game selling for $20 and $60?
Old May 3, 2018, 08:24 AM   #948
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Not really a big deal. You can find Tropical Freeze for Wii U on Ebay brand new for like $15 all day.

Or lots of yard sales and flea markets right now for like $5.
Old May 3, 2018, 10:44 AM   #949
Nascar24

I gave up on freeze early, haven’t been back in a long time on my WiiU version. If you like a real challenge, give it a go!
Old May 4, 2018, 01:42 PM   #950
hazindu
I put the zin in Hadu!!!

hazindu is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I gave up on freeze early, haven’t been back in a long time on my WiiU version. If you like a real challenge, give it a go!
How many unskippable gimmick levels does freeze have? The swimming\barrel flying levels completely ruined Returns (3ds) for me. I really liked the "normal" levels though.
Old May 4, 2018, 03:26 PM   #951
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Just how hard is donkey kong?

Should I just skip it if I'm looking for something on the level of the nes/snes super mario games?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2018, 04:31 PM   #952
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

It seems like each level is alot longer than in the previous game. Maybe the length of the levels makes it feel harder?

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old May 5, 2018, 10:50 AM   #953
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

Has anyone tried Manticore: Galaxy on Fire yet? Been debating dropping the 20 boners on it but I'm a space game snob.

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
battlenet: voxmortis, origin: asci_blue, steam: death_incarnate352
ASCI Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2018, 04:59 PM   #954
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazindu View Post
How many unskippable gimmick levels does freeze have? The swimming\barrel flying levels completely ruined Returns (3ds) for me. I really liked the "normal" levels though.
I honestly didn't go far in this game, liked all the Donkey Kong Country games but the frustration level is to high for me in this one. I prefer a challenge but one I feel I can pass without frustration of going and doing the same spot over and over again, that's where Freeze left me early in the game and I quit and never went back to it on the WiiU.
Old May 6, 2018, 08:06 AM   #955
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCI Blue View Post
Has anyone tried Manticore: Galaxy on Fire yet? Been debating dropping the 20 boners on it but I'm a space game snob.
Its a Action space game, it's not bad but it's no killer title but I'm a space whore so was a instant buy.

As for donkey Kong they added a easier mode so while it's hard it's much easier than before.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old May 7, 2018, 10:10 AM   #956
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

ASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird singsASCI Blue knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Its a Action space game, it's not bad but it's no killer title but I'm a space whore so was a instant buy.

As for donkey Kong they added a easier mode so while it's hard it's much easier than before.

This makes it sound decent, I'm also a space whore. I don't forsee any story/mission based Wing Commander like games making a return any time soon. From what I've read game is about 8 hours yes?

Proud Creator of The Cock Crew (Sportbike Network) Preventing "gay friends." ...one pecker at a time.

bounty hunter
Quote:
kids are pretty much invincible, man I doubt even explosions can phase the little womb demons
Old May 7, 2018, 02:38 PM   #957
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Not sure not finished it but it's actually not that bad. Pretty decent for what it is.

Old May 7, 2018, 04:45 PM   #958
ASCI Blue
Grammar NAZI

I will have to more seriously consider grabbing it.

bounty hunter
Quote:
Old May 9, 2018, 04:49 PM   #959
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

My switch has been sitting and collecting dust for awhile. I dont think there is anything coming out for awhile that interests me. Id like to buy some games for it but nothing worth it out there.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2018, 05:58 PM   #960
Nascar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
My switch has been sitting and collecting dust for awhile. I dont think there is anything coming out for awhile that interests me. Id like to buy some games for it but nothing worth it out there.
I agree, mine has been sitting unused as well lately, don't need to buy WiiU games I already have.