Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Dec 6, 2017, 08:59 AM   #871
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
Later on in the game it kind of becomes a non-issue. You can easily farm a few white lynels or greater tests of strength. After a while I always had an inventory full of killer weapons. Just save the master sword for beasts and the castle where it won't break. I never went the ancient set with ancient weapons though. That sounds expensive and annoying.

Although it does encourage you to run from trash mobs since they're never worth the investment. Definitely could have been handled better.
I had a bunch of weapons too. But some of my friends have gotten far into the game and still couldnt kill lynels to farm weapons. Even with better gear there is still some timing and skill to kill them.

I have a mexed out ancient set so killing things could be pretty easy. Especially when you have all the powers like the lightning strikes.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:10 AM   #872
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
When thinking about it, I can only imagine what a nightmare this game must have been for Nintendo to balance the gameplay. Its not perfect by any means in that regard, but I have to applaud their ambition and effort to balancing it as well as they could.
Difficulty settings wouldn't be hard to implement...
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2017, 08:27 AM   #873
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Santa will have the Switch under the tree shortly here

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Zotac Amp gtx 1080 - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 8, 2017, 08:43 AM   #874
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
Santa will have the Switch under the tree shortly here
I'm sure the kids will like it, but since you didn't like the WiiU, not sure you will, To me its just an upgraded WiiU in my eyes. Nice handheld you can take anywhere where the WiiU was tied to the house with its low end screen controller. I still like the WiiU and need to get back to it as I have many games I have not put time into for it.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:06 AM   #875
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

IT appears that Bayonetta 3 has been confirmed in development for Switch.
And Bayonetta 1 and 2 will be re-released for switch.

Moar ports!
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:10 AM   #876
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Good, let every good wii u title be on the switch.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:24 AM   #877
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Will definitely buy, it makes sense to port titles when no one had a wii u. Now if only they would port the rest of the library.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2017, 01:24 PM   #878
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I'm sure the kids will like it, but since you didn't like the WiiU, not sure you will, To me its just an upgraded WiiU in my eyes. Nice handheld you can take anywhere where the WiiU was tied to the house with its low end screen controller. I still like the WiiU and need to get back to it as I have many games I have not put time into for it.
Mario and Mario cart look pretty solid. I'm sure I'll enjoy those and the kids will for sure. Zelda I need to look in to a little more, looks ok from what I saw.

I did a little bit of research on the system. Seems like a step up from the Wii U.

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Zotac Amp gtx 1080 - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2017, 05:24 PM   #879
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
IT appears that Bayonetta 3 has been confirmed in development for Switch.
And Bayonetta 1 and 2 will be re-released for switch.

Moar ports!
Finally some games for me.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2017, 06:41 PM   #880
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

We picked up a switch a few weeks back. We got Mario, Zelda, Kart and Battle Chef Brigade. Battle Chef has been the game of choice so far on it. Never leaves the dock...
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:48 AM   #881
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Switch has no sold 10 million units in 9 months.

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/statu...in-nine-months

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:09 AM   #882
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post

That'll get the third parties on board. Square and Capcom are said to plan on bringing some of their back catalogue to Switch.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:09 AM   #883
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Square also said they're going to rework the past catalogue rather than just port old games. Imagine ff12 HD or something.

Old Dec 12, 2017, 01:15 PM   #884
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2017, 06:45 AM   #885
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Fish sticks.

Anyway its selling almost as good as the ps4, hopefully they can maintain that momentum. When pokemon comes out in 2018/19 that's going to shift a ton of machines.

Also seems bathesda titles are doing fairly well too on the system.

Old Dec 13, 2017, 09:56 PM   #886
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Fish sticks.

Anyway its selling almost as good as the ps4, hopefully they can maintain that momentum. When pokemon comes out in 2018/19 that's going to shift a ton of machines.

Also seems bathesda titles are doing fairly well too on the system.
Didn't the psvr Port out sell the switch version?
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2017, 12:06 AM   #887
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

No one knows the sales of the switch Version, but the title has been sitting around 2-4 on the eshop since release. While what you are referring to was uk physical sales.

While on amazon US, Skyrim switch was 16 bestseller and vr was 96. So it's impossible to compare. Unless Bathesda opens their mouth.

Old Dec 25, 2017, 04:20 AM   #888
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

just started playing chronicles 2. have about 4 hours in, and the game is really fun. i like the anime insertion into the cutscenes too. the grinding is casual, even within the story and then you get hit with this intense boss fight

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2017, 04:51 PM   #889
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
just started playing chronicles 2. have about 4 hours in, and the game is really fun. i like the anime insertion into the cutscenes too. the grinding is casual, even within the story and then you get hit with this intense boss fight
I just got it for Christmas and it has to be one of the deepest RPGs I've ever played, especially when it comes to its battle system. On the surface it's relatively simple, but the moment you start getting into all the combos and elements... damn. I've logged about 15 hours into it and have read a bunch of online guides, yet I'm still struggling to wrap my head around some of the mechanics. Its depth almost reminds me of an MMORPG. It makes Elder Scrolls or Fallout seem like a Fisher Price toy in comparison.

That being said though, I think I'm enjoying it so far aside from some perplexing design decisions (does there really need to be like 25 different types of merchants?). The battle system is so unique it's hard not to be enthralled with it, and I also like the look of the game as well as the soundtrack. This is also my first-ever Xenoblade game, so I really wasn't totally sure what to expect going in. Now I really want to play the other games in the franchise though (Xenoblade X for Wii U looks wicked)!
Old Dec 31, 2017, 03:52 AM   #890
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Xenoblade X isn't bad but some of the music in that game is ****ing terrible. Especially the "English" singing bits.

Old Jan 2, 2018, 09:59 AM   #891
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Xenoblade X isn't bad but some of the music in that game is ****ing terrible. Especially the "English" singing bits.
Its a bit odd, wierd and cringy (the lyrics are cringy if you actually listen to them) at first but after awhile of playing it actually gave me a sci fi anime vibe to the game. I actually quite like the music and feels it fits the game well.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 08:17 PM   #892
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

I'm pretty hooked on xb2. Just started act 9. Probably going to take a break from the main quest and fill out some affinity charts and do a couple of more missions. Maybe farm a few core chips. There is a lot to do in this game. It can be pretty cringey at times and is by no means perfect but a lot of fun. Once you look past the anime shitck the story isn't bad. The further that I get into the game the more that I really started to enjoy it. Took quite a while to grasp the fight mechanics and there are still things that I'm not too sure about. I'll get well over 100 hours out of this game. Hell I'm not far away from that now.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:30 PM   #893
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
I'm pretty hooked on xb2. Just started act 9. Probably going to take a break from the main quest and fill out some affinity charts and do a couple of more missions. Maybe farm a few core chips. There is a lot to do in this game. It can be pretty cringey at times and is by no means perfect but a lot of fun. Once you look past the anime shitck the story isn't bad. The further that I get into the game the more that I really started to enjoy it. Took quite a while to grasp the fight mechanics and there are still things that I'm not too sure about. I'll get well over 100 hours out of this game. Hell I'm not far away from that now.
Really loving this game. Just started act four and honestly, I think the reviewers are remembering the first one through rose colored glasses. Not saying it wasn't great, just that most complain that this one doesn't really pick up till a ways in (heard 40hrs a lot). Honestly, I don't know WTH they are talking about. The story gets moving right from the get go and never really stops from what I have played so far. The first one on the other hand took forever to get going.

As far as the anime style, I am actually really glad they went that direction. I remember reading something that they chose to go that rout because it fit best with how they wanted to tell the story and IMO, it works really well.

Great game, haven't played any thing else, watched any shows or read any since I started playing a couple days ago. Destroys Zelda and SM: O as far as I'm concerned for games on the switch and I really liked both of those especially Zelda.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2018, 03:50 AM   #894
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Yeah the story pretty much jumps into high gear very quickly, not sure what they're on about with that one.

Old Jan 7, 2018, 02:34 PM   #895
Xiro
Oo

Xiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyXiro can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looking forward to the January Nintendo Direct. Also hoping that recent 5.0 leak is real, though I'm sure it's not.
Xiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2018, 04:17 PM   #896
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiro View Post
Looking forward to the January Nintendo Direct. Also hoping that recent 5.0 leak is real, though I'm sure it's not.
It's not, also I try not to thinktoo much about the directs because Nintendo tends to focus like 75% of it on one game. Then all you hear in the comments is like wtf where was blah bah.

But yeah that 5.0 leak was fake, there were tiny mistakes that were left by the faker of the video like how Mario Kart 8 was digital but took half the space it was supposed to on the SD card, and other font discrepencies.

Plus Nintendo doing all that in one update? We'll be lucky if we get all of that before Switch 2 is released

Old Jan 10, 2018, 09:52 PM   #897
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

At this point I've already put quite a bit more time into xb2 than I did botw. There is a fair bit to keep you entertained post game. I've tried a couple of higher level bosses. Gotten a couple of new blades. May even Chang my party around a bit.

One bit of advice that I just learned about. Apparently the easiest way to get affinity is to spam items into your pouch. Just anything cheap. That's actually one of my big gripes. I wish that the affinity tree and points leveled a little more seamlessly as you played. You don't get much from combat.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 08:21 AM   #898
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Portable Dark Souls announced, releases in may. Other stuff announced this morning (from Gameinformer):

Quote:
The World Ends With You Final Remix Coming To Switch This Year
Aeiglsash, Blastoise, And New Support Pokémon Coming To Pokkén On Switch
Kirby Star Allies Coming March 16
Dragon Quest Builders Demo Available On Switch Today
Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition Hacking And Slashing Its Way To The Switch
Nintendo Serving Up Mario Tennis Aces To Switch This Spring
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa Of Dana Coming To Switch This Summer
Luigi Enters Super Mario Odyssey In Free Competitive Mode This February
Mai, Kula, Yuri, And More Return In SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy
Donkey Kong DLC Making Its Way To Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
Payday 2 Arrives On Switch Next Month
Indie Games Fe And Celeste Arriving On Switch Very Soon
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Arrives On Switch With Funky Kong In Tow
Dark Souls: Remastered Announced For Switch, Coming This Year
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2018, 08:43 AM   #899
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Dragon Quest Builders, Ys VIII, Hyrule Warriors, Payday 2, DKC Tropical Freeze, Dark Souls... All re-releases of old games that have been on the Wii U or other systems for years now. I'm really not a fan of this trend at all.

Overall, incredibly underwhelming Direct given all the hype surrounding it. No Pokemon, Metroid, or even Smash Bros!
Old Jan 11, 2018, 08:48 AM   #900
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Dragon Quest Builders, Ys VIII, Hyrule Warriors, Payday 2, DKC Tropical Freeze, Dark Souls... All re-releases of old games that have been on the Wii U or other systems for years now. I'm really not a fan of this trend at all.

Overall, incredibly underwhelming Direct given all the hype surrounding it. No Pokemon, Metroid, or even Smash Bros!
IT appears Nintendo wants to wash away the memory of the Wii-U with the switch re-releases. Good for a growing userbase, but gives no incentive to a Wii-U owner to pick up a switch.