Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Oct 5, 2017, 06:04 PM   #721
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Finished up golf story in 18 hours and some change. Did all side quests and main story. Not bad for 15 bucks.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:25 AM   #722
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I've got 9 physical games, one of which only exists in physical in Japan. 2 I would have got physical but was cheap on the japanese eshop.

Granted I love the ease of digital, but switch is the only system I want to collect physical games for. I just wish some of these. Indie games would say before if physical is happening.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2017, 06:55 AM   #723
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
What do you classify as games as I have about 46 games on the Switch .

9 physical, a few would have been physical, but was cheap on the Japanese E-Shop.

Sure the rest are Indie and whatever else like Neo Geo, but for me these days I prefer playing Indie games more than I do AAA games .

Not saying I don't play AAA, but I'm slowly getting burned by how they're all the same **** every year.

Anyway my point was, there's too many games, there's others I want to buy but haven't got around to it yet.
Educate me I just got the switch Friday night (Finally!!). How do I use eshops outside my region?

So far I have Shovel Knight, Rabbids, and Zelda.
MSI Z87M Gaming|Intel i7 4770k |16GB DDR3 PC3 12800|XFX RX470 4GB | 6TB HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.
jimmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 8, 2017, 09:47 AM   #724
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmt View Post
Educate me I just got the switch Friday night (Finally!!). How do I use eshops outside my region?

So far I have Shovel Knight, Rabbids, and Zelda.
Just sign up via the other region websites, then you have to link that account on your Switch...
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2017, 06:39 AM   #725
jimmt
Trumpification

jimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird singsjimmt knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Just sign up via the other region websites, then you have to link that account on your Switch...
Thank man! I should have just asked you doh! BTW since buying Friday we picked up more games lol. My wife is in love and the boys want one for Christmas. I guess that is all they are getting.

Quote:
I've got 9 physical games, one of which only exists in physical in Japan. 2 I would have got physical but was cheap on the japanese eshop.

Granted I love the ease of digital, but switch is the only system I want to collect physical games for. I just wish some of these. Indie games would say before if physical is happening.
Me too! I buy PS4 games digitally, but for my 3Ds and Switch I want physical. Mostly so we can share if we get other systems like we do on the 3Ds, but they are so small makes it very easy to carry around too.
MSI Z87M Gaming|Intel i7 4770k |16GB DDR3 PC3 12800|XFX RX470 4GB | 6TB HDD |Windows 10 Pro
Laptop
Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Windows 10 Pro
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBONEX|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Genesis
Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:48 PM   #726
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I buy games sdigital on ps4 because of being able to share one purchase on 2 separate PlayStation accounts, and split the game cost in half.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:18 AM   #727
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Nintendo shares trading higher than the peak of the Wii craze, I should have bought shares when the Wii u got announced

Old Oct 10, 2017, 03:51 PM   #728
jimmt
Trumpification

Bought the switch Friday and wife bought one yesterday. My 15yr old has been hogging mine all weekend too lol. I went ahead and picked him up one for Christmas. This is the first non xbox console he likes to play since he was younger rock'n the Gamecube. Nintendo is hot right now
Laptop
VR
HPWMR / PSVR
Consoles
Old Oct 10, 2017, 04:39 PM   #729
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Nintendo shares trading higher than the peak of the Wii craze, I should have bought shares when the Wii u got announced
are you sure?

btw, I bought a ton of nintendo stock back in December. For that matter, I bought a ton of AMD the December before... yeah, go check that stock chart Yup, I've been doing exceptionally well on my investments that last couple years.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2017, 04:25 PM   #730
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Well some analyst said it was at a 10 year high, from Wii peak etc. Don shoot the messenger

Got some white Joycon shells, goddamn never taking apart a Joycon ever again.

Old Oct 12, 2017, 04:40 PM   #731
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Hey, that thing looks good in white.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 04:52 PM   #732
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I was going to get a clear case then I remembered I dont care enough to get one and install it.

Old Oct 13, 2017, 03:46 PM   #733
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Despite not being a fan of handhelds, I got to admit that I prefer playing games like golf story in handheld mode.

Pixel art just looks better on a small screen.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2017, 05:05 PM   #734
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Bah, wasn't going to pick up a Switch anytime soon but my credit card had a $50 off at Amazon and rewards took another $25 off so I bit! Bleh! Will wait to use it for Mario Odyssey though next week as I'm not going to buy a bunch of Wii U ports I already have.

Last edited by Nascar24 : Oct 16, 2017 at 07:27 PM.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2017, 07:23 PM   #735
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Bah, wasn't going to pick up a Switch anytime soon but my credit card had a $50 off at Amazon and rewards took $25 off so I bit! Bleh! Will wait to use it for Mario Odyssey though next week as I'm not going to buy a bunch of Wii U ports I already have.
lol 25 bucks off as justification Whatever makes you feel better. Pick up Mario X Rabbids if you like Xcom.

Old Oct 16, 2017, 07:27 PM   #736
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
lol 25 bucks off as justification Whatever makes you feel better. Pick up Mario X Rabbids if you like Xcom.
Nope $75 off. $25 wouldnt have put me over the top
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:19 PM   #737
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Who's chicken who added me on switch .

Old Oct 18, 2017, 07:19 AM   #738
MyTMouse
Console Forumas Modamus

MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'MyTMouse once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Still think they should have gone with a 7 inch screen and slightly less bezel.
MyTMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2017, 02:53 PM   #739
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Fire emblem coming out Friday, anyone else excited?
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2017, 06:20 PM   #740
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Nope. Waiting the release of Mario Odyssey.

Old Oct 18, 2017, 09:08 PM   #741
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Saw it for sale in Wal-Mart today.

This was the same Wal-Mart though that had the ps4 pro out a week early too.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:32 PM   #742
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Nope. Waiting the release of Mario Odyssey.
As much as I want to be excited about it. I cant. I think Mario has officially hit its end-run with me.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2017, 06:35 AM   #743
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Will get I at some point, busy month this month game wise.

Old Oct 25, 2017, 01:58 AM   #744
logical
What is my purpose?

Had an amazon gift card so I pre-ordered Mario Odyssey. Digital version.

Old Oct 25, 2017, 08:22 AM   #745
Nascar24

Received my Switch and it seems like a nice little mobile machine. Haven't looked around much but have seen it written that it isn't much more powerful then the WiiU. Screen is nice. Bought what I call a too expensive zagg screen protector which went on nice but with a few thin dust hairs, tried to get them out but that was a mistake. Once its on I guess you dont want to lift them off as they dont seal every time after that. Had to pay another $5.99 to get another sent out to try again, for how much I paid there should be 3 of them in the package at least. Other issue I am having is HDMI communication through a switch box. I have my XBOX one and WiiU connected to the same switch box and they sync without issue but with the Switch it can take 3 or so power off and on's sometimes to get it to sync to the TV, probably wouldnt be a problem connected direct to the TV but cant give up my 4K connections for the Switch, so I guess I live with it.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 08:55 AM   #746
logical
What is my purpose?

I hada similar problem with the dock and the TV the first time I tried it. Just dock it and hit the power button that usually sends the signal to the TV. Just plunking it down in the switch box doesnt make it send the signal to the tv sometimes... at least for me.

Old Oct 25, 2017, 03:46 PM   #747
Nascar24

Quote:
I hada similar problem with the dock and the TV the first time I tried it. Just dock it and hit the power button that usually sends the signal to the TV. Just plunking it down in the switch box doesnt make it send the signal to the tv sometimes... at least for me.
It hasn't mattered, docked or just power button it can take several tries before it syncs, my TV has had some known issues reading another forum with that type of thing though, And doing it through an HDMI switch box probably doesn't help.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 09:51 AM   #748
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Got my mario, will be intradesting to see how the motion controls works with the handheld mode.

Feels like they should be a better fit for the docked mode.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:16 AM   #749
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Got my mario, will be intradesting to see how the motion controls works with the handheld mode.

Feels like they should be a better fit for the docked mode.
You have it installed?

Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:23 AM   #750
Mangler
PC

I have the physical version.