Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jun 4, 2019, 09:40 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Default Sega Genesis Mini - September 19, 2019

Game lineup really looks solid. But of course what it really comes down to is how good is the emulation/hardware, and how easily can it be hacked to add lots more games.

But $79.99 with 2 controllers and 40+ games out of the box, not bad. I think the only complaint I have so far is they went with the 3 button controllers instead of the much better 6 button. I would have gladly paid an extra $10 for the better controllers, but oh well.

http://genesismini.sega.com/

Final games have just been announced:

Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2019, 09:57 AM   #2
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The emulation is probably going to be really good, M2 is handling that.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2019, 09:59 AM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Yep pre-ordered... Genesis was my jam when I was a kid.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:01 AM   #4
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Just looked at the game lineup. I may have to get this one.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:15 AM   #5
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

September 19? I just saw this on a shelf Sunday and picked it up to check the games.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:32 AM   #6
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjobob View Post
September 19? I just saw this on a shelf Sunday and picked it up to check the games.
You were probably looking at one of the crappy AtGames versions.

This is a new, higher quality one overseen more closely by Sega.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:53 AM   #7
jimjobob
Radeon Volcanic Islands

jimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete strangerjimjobob once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
You were probably looking at one of the crappy AtGames versions.

This is a new, higher quality one overseen more closely by Sega.
Ah, looks like it was the AtGames genesis flashback.

I thought it looked like it had a pretty good list. Lots of RPG's.
jimjobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:38 PM   #8
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Cool beans. One thing I did like about the Atgames ones though, is that they had a cartridge slot so you could plug in your own games too.

Also, it's a shame they limited it to 40 games. It would have been nice to have all the sonic sequels, both golden axe's, streets of rage series, etc. These are games Sega owns outright, so it wouldn't have cost them anything, and I'm pretty confident there wasn't a storage constraint.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2019, 09:19 PM   #9
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

All this **** been available on PC with emu. Why would any gay buy this crap?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2019, 07:45 AM   #10
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Why does anyone buy retro games period? I've been able to emulate NES games since the early 2000s, but I have real hardware at home, hooked to a CRT.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 08:57 AM   #11
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Emulation is serviceable for retro gaming but has some issues at times with accuracy compared to the actual games and hardware that I tend to always notice, which is a huge reason why I still collect and play the actual games. Not to mention nostalgia is a big part of the experience for me that I just can't recreate with emulating on a PC.

For these new classic/mini consoles, they are IMO like a middle ground between emulation and the real thing, and they are more plug and play accessible and cheaper than building a raspberry pi or whatever. Also being an officially licensed product is important for collectability as well.

That's my personal justification anyways.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 03:20 PM   #12
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
It's fun to have it in an attractive little nostalgia package. I totally get that. That being said, I have not purchased any of the "mini" consoles myself, as I already have most of the games anyway.

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jun 5, 2019, 06:38 PM   #13
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
It's fun to have it in an attractive little nostalgia package. I totally get that. That being said, I have not purchased any of the "mini" consoles myself, as I already have most of the games anyway.
They're fun to hack and put all the super rare expensive games on them.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:07 AM   #14
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Road Rash FTW
This game was a real addiction for me on my Amiga for years.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 02:09 PM   #15
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

My preorder off Amazon shipped today. Should have it tomorrow

I'm curious how fast this thing will be hacked.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Corsair MP510 480GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2019, 08:38 PM   #16
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

My Amazon order was at home when I got back from work. Pretty cool so far! I didn't own a SNES as a kid so this brings back a lot of memories. Definitely prefer the Genesis controller and buttons. They put a lot of care into this.

Even stranger is it supports my 21:9 monitor out of the box! I'm running the games in their native resolution but the menu and the wallpaper are fullscreen whereas my SNES and NES Minis are 16:9 only.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2019, 07:40 AM   #17
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Mine arrives today....

Amazon charged me twice for it
Old Sep 20, 2019, 08:10 AM   #18
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I'm still on the fence about buying this, at least right now. I've got almost all the games in one form or another already. Probably will end up waiting to see how the hacking scene goes with it and decide upon that.

The TurboGrafx-16 mini however I will definitely be getting that one. I have never owned a TG16 and always wanted one.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 08:37 AM   #19
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I would seriously consider buying these useless hunks of plastic if they made them available in the US...

Old Sep 20, 2019, 08:45 AM   #20
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I would seriously consider buying these useless hunks of plastic if they made them available in the US...
I admit I could be persuaded into buying those as well lol.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2019, 08:51 AM   #21
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

LOL I guess this thing is all about the novelty and nostalgia so in that case those makes sense.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 08:53 AM   #22
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Would be even better if they really made them functional add-ons that gave you 32X and Sega CD games, but I'd assume hollow plastic parts wouldn't be too expensive.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 09:28 AM   #23
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Right, too bad they didn't make them real functional add-ons with games.

I'm thinking they decided it wasn't worth the effort, as I don't believe a big enough market has much nostalgia for Sega CD and 32X.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 10:19 AM   #24
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:

I'm thinking they decided it wasn't worth the effort, as I don't believe a big enough market has much nostalgia for Sega CD and 32X.
Yeah, I wonder if anyone is going to make them functional, just make them an external USB drive or something.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 04:11 PM   #25
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

I wonder how 32x runs on a raspberry pi?

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Sep 20, 2019, 06:13 PM   #26
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
I wonder how 32x runs on a raspberry pi?
Not sure, 32X doesn't have any good enough games worthy to try it.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 07:12 PM   #27
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Got mine today, pretty happy with it! I did notice some audio lag in Road Rash II, maybe it'll be hacked and fixed

Old Sep 20, 2019, 09:04 PM   #28
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

There's always audio lag in these mini consoles. The Nintendo ones have it too.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 09:09 PM   #29
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

I have mine too...

Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2019, 11:51 AM   #30
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I can't bring myself to get this since I have the Mega Drive on Steam.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z 16GB DDR4 4266MHz CAS19, Asus Strix 1080Ti OC, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote