Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:18 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

Had my first play with an Xbone controller over the last couple of days, just trying to get the hang of it so I can stream it to my tablet with moonlight.

It's not bad but playing with it feels like a chore compared to the X55. I was going to try and grind some opposition merits but I got to a point where I couldn't bring myself to jump in to a RES site after struggling with something as silly as changing firegroup while being shot at by a Viper.

Had a sore back yesterday and today it's pretty bad so I think I'm out until at least the next cycle unless I can bring myself to play with the Xbone controller and tablet.

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam
Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:45 PM   #152
MUYA
Radeon R420

MUYA is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
Had my first play with an Xbone controller over the last couple of days, just trying to get the hang of it so I can stream it to my tablet with moonlight.

It's not bad but playing with it feels like a chore compared to the X55. I was going to try and grind some opposition merits but I got to a point where I couldn't bring myself to jump in to a RES site after struggling with something as silly as changing firegroup while being shot at by a Viper.

Had a sore back yesterday and today it's pretty bad so I think I'm out until at least the next cycle unless I can bring myself to play with the Xbone controller and tablet.
Getting ready for .....Oculus? I wish! Its a all a matter for re-training to remeber what button does what eh?

I dont think I could ever go back to playing space / flight sim without a HOTAS TBH. hehehe

Could wing up if both on line at the same time.

Credits are not hard to come by in the game, my brother (who i gifted the game,and is in Nepal) over 2 weeks, has 6 million credits and doing his own thing! I myself am sitting on enough to get a decent Federal Corvette and less decent Cutter...only, I dont have the rank to purchase them....
...so I am off to 17 Draconis to fasttrack Fed ranking then hehehe
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2016, 08:51 PM   #153
ALien8ed
Radeon R420

ALien8ed is still being judged by the masses

A response in relation to ring systems.

Quote:
Greetings all,

First of all I want to take a moment to thank Obsidian Ant, as always, for his highly constructive and positive way of addressing these points and seeking feedback.

I'm sorry for the delay. I wanted to wait until one of the senior members of the rendering team were available to discuss the thread in question. I know this has been raised before and we understand it's an important topic.

Some areas of the game, as mentioned previously, have been removed for optimisation. As an example, asteroid shadows were removed because they caused significant frame rate and stability issues.

Other changes have happened because they themselves rely on other things that have seen changes. For example envmpas/lighting. Some areas of the game have seen development (which is likely the areas you are mentioning) and some, such as asteroids are still awaiting some additional work.

The team are reviewing a number of ares such as fog, lighting, shadow and loading. It's not possible to give an exact answer as to when these areas will see fixes will be exactly or give more detail on those fixes but I can certainly assure you all that the development team are actively working on them.

Thanks,

Zac
I'll believe it when i see it.
ALien8ed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 12, 2016, 01:09 AM   #154
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

They still haven't fixed Vulture in ultra wide screen res... It's been 6 months.
andino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2016, 01:25 AM   #155
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
They still haven't fixed Vulture in ultra wide screen res... It's been 6 months.
Whilst I can imagine it sucks balls, you have to remember that people affected by this issue can be estimated with a 1d100 dice if not less.

I think if you look at a developers list of things to fix, uwscreens are at the very bottom right before fixing typos in changelogs.
daPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2016, 02:00 AM   #156
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
Whilst I can imagine it sucks balls, you have to remember that people affected by this issue can be estimated with a 1d100 dice if not less.

I think if you look at a developers list of things to fix, uwscreens are at the very bottom right before fixing typos in changelogs.
According to steam more people use ultrawide than 4k. So its more used than you think.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2016, 02:03 AM   #157
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

daPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badgesdaPhoenix doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
According to steam more people use ultrawide than 4k. So its more used than you think.
It's still around 0.2% and out of that crowd, how many play Elite?

Just so you know, I know more than well how much it sucks to have high end tech and no support for it or applications simply breaking due to lack of support - having prototype 4k displays at the office showed me how badly games are developed to support non-consumer devices.

Last edited by daPhoenix : Jan 12, 2016 at 02:11 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:17 AM   #158
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by daPhoenix View Post
It's still around 0.2% and out of that crowd, how many play Elite?

Just so you know, I know more than well how much it sucks to have high end tech and no support for it or applications simply breaking due to lack of support - having prototype 4k displays at the office showed me how badly games are developed to support non-consumer devices.
.31%

Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:45 PM   #159
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
I haven't tried the vulture, what is wrong with it in ultrawide? And if it does, shouldn't it affect all ships?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 11:31 PM   #160
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

yeah what's wrong with the vulture's cockpit in 21x9?

The only thing I'd like is higher res textures.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2016, 12:22 AM   #161
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
yeah what's wrong with the vulture's cockpit in 21x9?

The only thing I'd like is higher res textures.

Btw do you use newer edfx/gemfx/reshade for horizons? If so which one?
Old Jan 13, 2016, 08:36 AM   #162
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
Btw do you use newer edfx/gemfx/reshade for horizons? If so which one?
That's an old screenshot with a masterfeffect profile which doesn't play nice with horizons. I've been using reshade to only inject ambient light and smaa since Horizons.

Last edited by ThirdEye : Jan 13, 2016 at 08:47 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 01:45 PM   #163
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

andino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2016, 09:07 AM   #164
Hardwood
Radeon Evergreen

Hardwood is still being judged by the masses

I get the same clipping in eyefinity. Tried reducing the FOV but that messes up the hud IIRC. I see it's been almost a year since you reported it. Why do I get the feeling nothing is going to happen?
The other issue is the blue alignment circle being right over a window strut. When the sun shines on the strut, the thing fades in the brightness.
OTOH, I have two large hardpoints!! YES!
<---Computer #1 in System Specs Button

Computer #2) MSI A88X-G45, AMD A10-7850K, IGP, AMD 2x4GB 2133 Ram (R938G2130U1K), Antec 750w True, 128GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB WD Black, Win 10pro x64
Computer#3) GA-MA790FX, AMD 955, Thermaltake 550w, ASUS HD5870, Win10pro x86
Hardwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2016, 01:59 PM   #165
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Deimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete strangerDeimos once held a door open for a complete stranger

Had my first go at trading last night in my Type 7, made the mistake of trying to do it with unfamiliar controls (Xbone controller instead of my usual X55). Lost 4 ships, 3 with full cargo holds so in total lost 15,000,000 credits. FUUUUUU

Mars:
Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam
Old Jan 14, 2016, 02:02 PM   #166
daPhoenix
Snow White Nurse

Why did you not give me the 15 million instead?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 03:45 PM   #167
Deimos
Radeon Sea Islands

Can you actually give credits? didn't think it was possible.

That was half BTW. I'm going to ditch the type 7, do some bounty grinding until I can afford a tradeconda. ALD has 30% bonus this week, hopefully standings can increase next week too.

Mars:

Deimos on Steam
Old Jan 14, 2016, 05:08 PM   #168
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

Can't transfer credits in this game. Only way to do it is to buy then transfer cargo to another player so he or she can sell it. Good luck with that though if the new player is still in a sidewinder. Easiest way is to wing up with the noob and split bounties in a resource extraction site; I've done it a bunch of times for new players whom I've met out in open. But that's cheating in my eyes since you wouldn't get the rewarding feeling of actually doing any work for your A rated ship.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 10:55 PM   #169
ALien8ed
Radeon R420

Quote:
From the desk of Michael Brookes:

Over the past year we’ve made a number of changes to some of the visuals (most notable are the asteroids) to improve performance – note that this had nothing to do with the Xbox One release as that uses a different profile. This has impacted the visual quality of the asteroids and we will be addressing some of the causes of that in the 2.1 release. Some of those changes were due to changes in other areas of the game (such as environment map capture) needing to be rebalanced. Whatever the cause we’re evaluating the lighting, fog, shadows and loading issues. Some of these fixes we may limit to certain graphics quality options to make sure all our players enjoy good performance and improved visuals with respect to their systems capabilities.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 12:25 AM   #170
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

At least they finally acknowledged it.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 01:42 AM   #171
ALien8ed
Radeon R420

True.

Given the growing anger they could not keep quiet for much longer.

Barnacles finally discovered.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger...acles_yeahhhh/
Old Jan 15, 2016, 01:51 AM   #172
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

not good enough how about other graphical downgrades like the better cockpits from alpha/pre alpha screenshots, and then the super cruise -> normal space 'super space dust' effects, non popping in station interior LOD when viewed from the outside, better lighting inside stations etc...? lots of subtle graphical effects were missing/removed
Old Jan 15, 2016, 02:39 AM   #173
ALien8ed
Radeon R420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
not good enough how about other graphical downgrades like the better cockpits from alpha/pre alpha screenshots, and then the super cruise -> normal space 'super space dust' effects, non popping in station interior LOD when viewed from the outside, better lighting inside stations etc...? lots of subtle graphical effects were missing/removed
Totally agree.

There are so many examples in various threads on the forum it's not even funny.

The game has been downgraded heavily across the board with rings being the most obvious. The only reason they responded was due to the growing anger. The other downgrades rarely get a mention these days so i can't see them changing.

Here's the most recent example.

Sadly the days of alpha/beta are a long distant memory...
Old Jan 15, 2016, 09:31 AM   #174
Lurk
Going Nowhere Fast

Lurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLurk can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

an increasingly growing game with such an ambitious scope as Elite cannot possibly keep the same standards as it did when it first started out, imo.
That's one of the many reasons why at the moment I'm preferring Eve. Less graphically craptastic, but at least honest and balanced.
I really hope that Braben and folks can find a compromise (who does actually need 400 billion systems when not even a lifetime is enough for all current players together to visit them all? And factions? Let's talk about the faction-related aspect of the game, shall we...)
Maybe a tad less grandiosity and a little more actual content is what the game really needs.

I still have high hopes for Elite, but imho any serious space sim that dares to come out with planetary landings (and I'm talking atmosphere, such as clouds, blue skies, grass and water) right out of the box is going to leave all the rest lying in the dust

Last edited by Lurk : Jan 15, 2016 at 10:40 AM.
Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2016, 10:41 AM   #175
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALien8ed View Post
Totally agree.

There are so many examples in various threads on the forum it's not even funny.

The game has been downgraded heavily across the board with rings being the most obvious. The only reason they responded was due to the growing anger. The other downgrades rarely get a mention these days so i can't see them changing.

Here's the most recent example.

Sadly the days of alpha/beta are a long distant memory...
Wow that is quite a difference there

Old Jan 15, 2016, 10:49 AM   #176
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Good I hope they stop "downgrading" and just add higher graphics presets if they have to .

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2016, 01:03 PM   #177
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

They're using character faces for mission givers and contacts for the 2.1 update. Small update but this game needs more "life" and "personality".

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Jan 15, 2016, 02:01 PM   #178
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

I've been loving the stuff happening in the background.

Namely, Unidentified Objects that are shutting down stations, and now the Alien Barnacles that are being found. Mostly all centered around the Peliedes nebula. Pretty nice how the alien build up has been happening for months, but unless you follow the news or are involved in it...you'd never know!

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2016, 03:44 PM   #179
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

That's the problem they need to make it more obvious besides galnet updates.

Old Jan 30, 2016, 08:00 AM   #180
ALien8ed
Radeon R420

Servers were down for approximately 12 hours or so today so a little bonus for any inconvenience caused.

Quote:
Greetings Commanders.

As many of you will know, last night we suffered unexpected server downtime which lasted for a considerable number of hours.

By way of a thank you for your patience and to cover any unexpected small fines due to the time delay, we will be running a 48 hour bonus credit period for all Commanders in the galaxy.

All mission reward credits, bounties and combat bonds will receive a 20% uplift when cashing them in.

Missions will show as the same reward but should add 20% as a bonus when cashing in. Bounties will also say the same amount has been claimed but will then increase in your transactions. As will combat bonds.

The bonus period will be available from 14:00 GMT (30 minutes time) today until 14:00 GMT Monday 1st Feb.

This will be applied to all platforms (PC, Mac & Xbox One)

Once again thank you so much for your patience while the servers were fixed. We truly appreciate your fantastic ongoing support.

Fly safe Commanders!

o7