Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 18, 2018, 07:20 AM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

The ai having unlimited stamina is annoying. Hope it's a bug, hate games that don't give a level playing field.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2018, 09:15 AM   #212
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

AI has almost always cheated in every game. No surprise there.

The biggest bugs I've found involve getting stuck on things. There was a doorway in town that I couldn't go through. Finally did it, then never had a problem again with it. Also the AI tends to get stuck walking in corners.

Still, for as massive as this game is, it's remarkably stable. Far better than Bethesda titles have been at launch. Plus the voice acting and corresponding animations are top notch.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:14 AM   #213
Jay20016
Truth Doesn't Make Fact

Jay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJay20016 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

So, is this a game I can sit on the couch and play with a XB1 controller or is it a keyboard/mouse game?

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."
Jay20016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:24 AM   #214
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Seen posts from people on console forums claiming that some tasks like lockpicking is near impossible with a controller right now.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2018, 12:56 PM   #215
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Seen posts from people on console forums claiming that some tasks like lockpicking is near impossible with a controller right now.
Sheesh, I hope that gets fixed. I am not that far into the game - just got back to the town to find my parents. I added the game's exe to Crysis 3 in Nvidia Inspector for the SLI. I will look to see if there are some better SLI bits to use. I am getting framerates in the 40s and low 50s for the most part on High setting at 4K on my LG OLED.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2018, 06:06 PM   #216
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

This game has the worst lockpicking ever, much better with the save anywhere and sectorial lock picking mod though.

I am not that far into it, just got back to the starting area (for spoiler reasons), so I am only a couple of hours in. I am enjoying it though.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2018, 06:33 PM   #217
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

So i dont have a problem with the saves and lockpicking and stuff others do. I get the frustration, but i also get that he has no expience in lockpicking, so he cant do it at the start and he needs training. They probably shouldnt let you attempt lockpicking right away. As with saves, it is EASY to make money to buy snapps... people are just use to getting everything they want on a silver platter, so cant handle saves being behind and in game mechanic. I imagine resident evil style saves would be hounded at these days too.

I am however hating one part of the game... i dont understand what it is, but just roaming the country side and sometimes the character just stops, cant walk over certain terrain. It's super bad when in a fight though, cause you try and dodge, or back pedal and you cant even move :/
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2018, 07:13 PM   #218
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
... people are just use to getting everything they want on a silver platter, so cant handle saves being behind and in game mechanic.
/

Or maybe not every one has a stable PC, and playing for an hour only to have it crash, and then having to do that hour over again blows.... I am going to use a save anywhere mod, even if it means I am not super old skool 1337 never saved in my life beat every game on one quarter pro gamer guy...

Last edited by t0adp1p3 : Feb 18, 2018 at 07:36 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 09:40 PM   #219
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Anyone complete the main story line yet?
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2018, 10:03 PM   #220
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Or maybe not every one has a stable PC, and playing for an hour only to have it crash, and then having to do that hour over again blows.... I am going to use a save anywhere mod, even if it means I am not super old skool 1337 never saved in my life beat every game on one quarter pro gamer guy...
i agree that not being able to save sucks, especially when a game crashes. im simply saying the save problem is blown a bit out of prportion. you CAN already save almost anywhere in the game.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Feb 18, 2018, 10:17 PM   #221
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
i've seen many players become frustrated because they keep getting stuck on objects that results in their deaths . hopefully the upcoming patch will address some of these issues?
great, that with a flaky save system would really get me pissed fast...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2018, 10:51 PM   #222
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

So wait for a patch?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:19 PM   #223
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
So wait for a patch?
Always a good idea.

Personally, I'm loving the game, but I installed the "save anywhere" and "easy lockpicking" mods, so those are tolerable now. I've only had one CTD in about 20 hours, luckily.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:50 PM   #224
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

In addition to the save anywhere and easy lockpicking mods, I also installed the minimal HUD and no reticle ones. That dot in the middle of the screen was bugging me. I'm too lazy to disable it in console :P
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2018, 06:54 AM   #225
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
So wait for a patch?
Its not that buggy, but performance is rough. I am not sensitive to framerate, so the 30-60 fps doesn't bother me. If you absolutely get disgusted by sub 60 fps, I would wait.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 07:15 AM   #226
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I do get disgusted by sub 60 fps on PC. I think I will just wait and see on this one... (which means probably I will never play it but oh well...).
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2018, 08:05 AM   #227
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I do get disgusted by sub 60 fps on PC. I think I will just wait and see on this one... (which means probably I will never play it but oh well...).
Yeah, I am usually in the 30-45 fps mark at 3440x1440p, your pc is better than mine and your monitor is 2560x1440p, so you would probably be close to 45-60. That is how bad performance is, you would not like it. It probably needs some performance patches and a new gen of nviida cards to be honest.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 08:42 AM   #228
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Was looking at the gf xbox one x on her Sammy 4k hdr tv and I was like wtf is this 30fps ****???? I went home turned my game up to 4k about the same 30 fps but it felt smoother than hers. Probably my 144Hrz monitor. Yeah i'm sensitive to frame rate, she's like how do you notice this? lol.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2018, 09:33 AM   #229
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Was looking at the gf xbox one x on her Sammy 4k hdr tv and I was like wtf is this 30fps ****???? I went home turned my game up to 4k about the same 30 fps but it felt smoother than hers. Probably my 144Hrz monitor. Yeah i'm sensitive to frame rate, she's like how do you notice this? lol.
It might be because the console version is capped at 31 fps instead of 30.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2018, 10:08 AM   #230
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

I'm getting a solid 60+ fps in forests or out in the open. It drops into the 30s in a big town, though. Gets a little choppy but not terrible. I'm not overly sensitive to frame rates, though, so anything about 30 is usually fine for me.
This is on an i5 6500, GTX 1080ti, 16Gb RAM, SSD, on a 34" [email protected] monitor with the game settings at Ultra.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:00 AM   #231
Evileh

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:42 AM   #232
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Why does it look so blurry? Especially that horse texture
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:46 AM   #233
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

The screenshots definitely don't look very good considering the performance people are reporting. I guess it's to be expected from a small dev making a huge scale game though.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 12:17 PM   #234
Evileh

reshade with a dof effect goofballs
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Feb 19, 2018, 01:15 PM   #235
kkevin666
Radeon R520

kkevin666 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
No. The graphics are actually all that blurry. I use reshade with Adaptive Sharpen to remove the vaseline smeared rubbish that is the vanilla game.
kkevin666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2018, 01:22 PM   #236
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Hmm weird, i dont see any smearing or blurriness in my game at all. Either with all on the highest settings or all low and anything in between. I never touched textures though after setting them to the highest settings. Maybe he textures settings affects that?
Old Feb 19, 2018, 02:21 PM   #237
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Depth of field is the devil along with motion blur
Old Feb 19, 2018, 03:10 PM   #238
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Ancient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAncient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkevin666 View Post
No. The graphics are actually all that blurry. I use reshade with Adaptive Sharpen to remove the vaseline smeared rubbish that is the vanilla game.
Not true.
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2018, 03:23 PM   #239
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkevin666 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
Not true.
Yeah the graphics aren't that blurry in the game. Mine look sharp without any reshade bullshit.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 06:09 PM   #240
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I am going to get this game because I can't find anyway to get into Hammerfell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote