Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 13, 2018, 02:20 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

haven't encountered any bugs yet. I'm absolutely loving the story in this game. The writing really is fantastic. I love the real life history in the game too
Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 04:19 PM   #152
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Game runs pretty bad for me (1080p). Ultra high and very high are unplayable. So I went for a mix of high and very high. 40-50 fps during sunny day. 30fps at night in the rain. It feels sluggish and choppy. Just had a cut scene where it was 15-20fps for most of it. I'll have to lower the settings again.

While I like the story, the delivery is weird. It just throws cut scenes in when you are walking somewhere. Just had the title screen sequence, so I've finished the "tutorial" bit after 3hrs. I suspect the cut scenes etc won't be so cramped beyond this point. Hopefully the story doesn't decrease too much because it's the best part by far.

I've not done much combat but i'm not liking it yet. The swings are just strange. I'd much rather a dark messiah system where you press buttons to aim your attacks, here you move the mouse and I just don't think it's working all that well. The inventory is just clunky, dunno why they made it such a mess.

The game is not handholding, but I don't really think it gives you much in the way of options so far. But I'm just in the early stages so it probably will open up more.

To be clear I'm enjoying it but won't be able to say one way or another for a few more hours as I get into the bulk of it.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 04:31 PM   #153
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Is it true that you have to pay in game gold to save the game?
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 13, 2018, 04:54 PM   #154
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

There is a drink called schnapps that you need to have to save. It gets used if you save the game (auto save doesn't count). So if you run out of them you have to buy them or find them just to save.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 05:05 PM   #155
Woodgypsy
Whiney Supersnob

Woodgypsy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyWoodgypsy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Holy **** that looks terrible.
Aside from combat looking clunky, this supposedly "realistic" medieval RPG is filled with absurdly well-equipped infantries (yeah, like they could afford pristine, matching armors without being knights who own their own lands). And they are swinging swords and shields, without any signs of pole-arms to be seen (because fantasy books say medieval soldiers mainly fought with swords, I bet). This triggers me a lot. I wouldn't complain if they didn't overplay their "realistic" BS, but they do, and everyone seems to buy into it. I bet other aspects of the game are about as "realistic" as well.

I have to admit that an actually realistic medieval setting would make a terrible RPG, though -- there are reasons why there are far more works of historical fictions based on the early modern period, instead of the medieval period.
Woodgypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 05:08 PM   #156
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
There is a drink called schnapps that you need to have to save. It gets used if you save the game (auto save doesn't count). So if you run out of them you have to buy them or find them just to save.
or mod the game to bypass that (havent done it myself yet)
Old Feb 13, 2018, 05:27 PM   #157
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Reviews don't seem to like the game. Or I should say it is a pretty mixed bag of liking it or not liking it.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 07:47 PM   #158
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodgypsy View Post
Aside from combat looking clunky, this supposedly "realistic" medieval RPG is filled with absurdly well-equipped infantries (yeah, like they could afford pristine, matching armors without being knights who own their own lands). And they are swinging swords and shields, without any signs of pole-arms to be seen (because fantasy books say medieval soldiers mainly fought with swords, I bet). This triggers me a lot. I wouldn't complain if they didn't overplay their "realistic" BS, but they do, and everyone seems to buy into it. I bet other aspects of the game are about as "realistic" as well.

I have to admit that an actually realistic medieval setting would make a terrible RPG, though -- there are reasons why there are far more works of historical fictions based on the early modern period, instead of the medieval period.
IIRC The dev explained to backers that pole arm, and spears overly complicated their combat mechanics, both gameplay wise and development resources wise (combat animations were mocapped) so they removed them from the game.

IMHO complete realistic melee combat in games are impossible without full body motion sensor control that require you to be actually adept at martial arts.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 01:17 AM   #159
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
don't forget its an alcoholic beverage too. if you use it often to save you will become an alcoholic in the game. the second type of save is to find a bed to sleep in. this auto-saves the game as well. i heard they are difficult to find though.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2018, 01:33 AM   #160
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
don't forget its an alcoholic beverage too. if you use it often to save you will become an alcoholic in the game. the second type of save is to find a bed to sleep in. this auto-saves the game as well. i heard they are difficult to find though.
Also there is currently a bug where using a bed may not actually save your game at all, which really poses a problem if you wanted to save the game before some quest and you only had enough time to sleep 1 time to save and trying to get it to save could make you miss out on the quest because it completed without you.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 02:30 AM   #161
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
Also there is currently a bug where using a bed may not actually save your game at all, which really poses a problem if you wanted to save the game before some quest and you only had enough time to sleep 1 time to save and trying to get it to save could make you miss out on the quest because it completed without you.
That may not be a bug, you may need to sleep at your 'official' beds, the ones that actually shown on the map, other beds couldn't make your game saved... I'm not certain though.

The dev has said that they may re-enable the save on exit feature though, due to many complains about it.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 03:27 AM   #162
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

pc versus ps4 pro versus xbox one x

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2018, 03:54 AM   #163
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

I could do with a bite to eat

I feel quite hungry

I could do with a bite to eat

eidt: holy cats the console object draw distance is atrocious
Old Feb 14, 2018, 03:55 AM   #164
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Some massive differences
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2018, 04:01 AM   #165
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

lockpicking in this game is the worst in any game I've ever played. It is 1000x easier to knock a guy out, loot him for keys, and open the trunk than it is to try and pick the easiest lock.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 07:53 AM   #166
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

My thoughts so far...

Pros:
Runs great on my i5 6500, GTX 1080ti @ 2560x1080 on ultra settings
Animations are generally very good
Overall I like the environment and atmosphere
Story seems interesting, but I only just finished the tutorial
NPCs go about their business whether you're there or not

Cons:
Combat is atrocious. The lag between clicking the button and your toon actually swinging his fist or sword is painful. I assume it's because my stats are pathetic and this will improve as they rise (I hope). I need to read up on this. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.
The screen goes to black sometimes like it's loading a whole new area, but instead it's just loading the response interface after the cut scene. Breaks the immersion when it happens.
Only one CTD so far, but since I hadn't been able to save yet, I had to start the tutorial over.
Speaking of saves...worst save system ever, IMO.
etc

I'm going to put this on the shelf for awhile until the kinks are ironed out in patches. At the very least I hope the devs change the save system.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2018, 09:13 AM   #167
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
My thoughts so far...

Pros:
Runs great on my i5 6500, GTX 1080ti @ 2560x1080 on ultra settings
Animations are generally very good
Overall I like the environment and atmosphere
Story seems interesting, but I only just finished the tutorial
NPCs go about their business whether you're there or not

Cons:
Combat is atrocious. The lag between clicking the button and your toon actually swinging his fist or sword is painful. I assume it's because my stats are pathetic and this will improve as they rise (I hope). I need to read up on this. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.
The screen goes to black sometimes like it's loading a whole new area, but instead it's just loading the response interface after the cut scene. Breaks the immersion when it happens.
Only one CTD so far, but since I hadn't been able to save yet, I had to start the tutorial over.
Speaking of saves...worst save system ever, IMO.
etc

I'm going to put this on the shelf for awhile until the kinks are ironed out in patches. At the very least I hope the devs change the save system.
Thanks for saving me money. Combat and saves alone will piss me off to no end.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 01:05 PM   #168
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

PlayStation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Thanks for saving me money. Combat and saves alone will piss me off to no end.
Did you not get the links I sent you???
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2018, 02:21 PM   #169
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Problem is, it gets you drunk if you drink too often. So no multi saves in quick succession during a difficult stretch or you could end up making a tough spot even harder by being drunk.

Sounds fun...not really.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2018, 02:24 PM   #170
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Apparently that only works for the bed save if you own the bed or are paying money to rent it. If you just find one that you can sleep on, you can't save.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2018, 03:11 PM   #171
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Ancient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAncient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Mod that lets you save without using Schnapps.

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcom...ab=description
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2018, 03:48 PM   #172
Eisberg
Brrrrr

People on the Steam forums are saying the developers recently said in a Czech podcast they are going to add manual saving due to popular demand.
Quote:
Old Feb 14, 2018, 04:02 PM   #173
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
dont be holding out on the rest of us.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 04:37 PM   #174
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

Oh, come on. You can become and alcoholic in this game? The rpg elements in this game seem outstanding. So many possibilities. I will buy this just going to wait for some issues to be ironed out.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:13 PM   #175
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
dont be holding out on the rest of us.
Lol this doesn't concern you S.T.A.L.K.E.R. lol
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2018, 02:38 AM   #176
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I think i'll wait for some patches - game looks like the type I really enjoy but i want to experience a nice version of it, not a "early access" version.
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2018, 04:16 AM   #177
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Those of you bitching about the lock picking... You have to understand that Henry has never picked a lock before, just like he's never fired a bow, ridden a horse or fought with a sword. You have to practice and over time you'll get better, especially when perks get unlocked
Old Feb 15, 2018, 07:09 AM   #178
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Gay why you send me naughty messages
Old Feb 15, 2018, 07:50 AM   #179
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
People on the Steam forums are saying the developers recently said in a Czech podcast they are going to add manual saving due to popular demand.
Funny thing is, the "popular demand" existed during early access too. They should have fixed it then.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2018, 08:51 AM   #180
Andy22
Radeon R600

Andy22 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
Funny thing is, the "popular demand" existed during early access too. They should have fixed it then.
I remember seeing a girl playing and she WAS saving anywhere. Did they have it a one time and take it out?
Andy22 is offline   Reply With Quote