Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 21, 2013, 04:21 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Exclamation Kingdom Come : Deliverance, a non fantasy medieval RPG teased.

now this is interesting, a SP version of Mount and Blade, been wanting that kind of RPG for a long time.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 08:25 AM   #2
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

um... so... an sp version of mount and blade.. is... um.. mount and blade... the multiplayer was added later.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2014, 07:32 PM   #3
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Actually its skyrim the right way with procedural combat - bout GD time

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 22, 2014, 08:22 PM   #4
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

apparently they are now using kickstarter!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...me-deliverance
Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:56 PM   #5
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

no, but really.... there is no magic?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 10:59 PM   #6
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Why Kickstarter?

After seeing our trailer, you might ask: “why are we here? This is a big, expensive game that’s sure to cost a lot of money, right? Does no major publisher want it? This sounds suspicious.” The answer to those questions might surprise you.

Warhorse is a comparatively small studio. We now have about thirty people, and it took us more than eighteen months to develop what you've just seen. All this time, we’ve been funded by a private investor, to the tune of almost 1.5 million dollars in total. We hope the product you’ve seen reflects that.

Our plan was to develop a prototype, pitch it to publishers, and finish development with the subsequent money. We tried to do it that way (and you can read about our experiences on our blog), but in essence, even though everybody we met commended our work, praised our game’s visuals, and believed in our ability to deliver, negotiations would inevitably hit a dead end at the point where the publishers' marketing departments got involved. Why?

"Your game is too niche. There’s no magic. People want wizards and dragons."

We beg to differ. The response from players has always been great. We think gamers like history – look at the success of Total War, Assassin's Creed, Mount and Blade, and Red Dead Redemption. There is no medieval first-person RPG out there, but it does not necessarily follow that nobody wants one - only that there is no easy box for marketing to pigeonhole it in.

Our investor is strong and capable of funding the complete development of our project. But he does not follow the game industry very closely, and needs proof that publishers and marketers are wrong about our game - that you are indeed interested in a mature, medieval RPG that emphasizes freedom and authenticity. And so we stand, as a studio, at a crossroads. Either those naysayers are right, and there truly is no desire for the game we are making, or we are right. Either way, we think Kickstarter is a great way to find out.

The sum we are asking for is about ten percent of our total budget; for our investor, however, it is proof that there is real demand for the game, and that there is a point to keeping it funded. Every extra dollar will allow us to make the final product that much better because it means more money for development and more support from our investor.

Should our Kickstarter campaign fail, it will mean that we were wrong, that there is no interest to play a game with the atmosphere of Braveheart, and that we will have to start considering working on some mobile MMO, because that's where the money is these days (or so everybody tells us). We are, however, positive that our instincts are right.
So help us to make our vision a reality. Help us to make not the 176th free-to-play mobile RPG MMO Elven village-builder with DIAMONDS™, but to make the kind of unique, engaging experience we think you’d like to play
Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:39 PM   #7
lviz
On my way

lviz is still being judged by the masses

This sounds intresting. I'm much into rpgs, and would definitely like a medieval one without all those dragons, elves and magical creatures.
lviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:47 PM   #8
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

12.2015 is a long time away

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 01:46 AM   #9
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
no, but really.... there is no magic?
Fantastic!! Now i'm on to it, i always wanted a Witcher kind of game but based on our real history with no magic or fantasy creatures, a pure medieval blood bath with political intrigues and territory conquests.

Ok backed this guys, and they are already near their goal with 28 days to go, they are also comprised of people that worked on Mafia 1/2 games that i liked especially Mafia 1.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio

Last edited by Argoon1981 : Jan 23, 2014 at 02:03 AM.
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2014, 02:27 PM   #10
Dwarden
Bohemia Interactive

Dwarden can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDwarden can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

remember past devs working on it
from 3 major czech studios
BI (OFP, Arma) , IS (Hidden&Dangerous, Mafia), Altar (UFO, Original War etc) ...

it does look great tbh
needed CCC features == online up2date Game profiles or ALL features of ATT / RadeonPro (if you fail deliver don't even try say You got technical advantage)
Dwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2014, 05:07 AM   #11
Ancient76
Rage3D Veteran

Ancient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAncient76 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This video is ****ing amazing!
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2014, 07:57 AM   #12
Andy22
Radeon R600

Andy22 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post

This video is ****ing amazing!
This! I love the tagline...Dungeons and no dragons. Looks like my dream game. He even mentions Dark Souls in relation to the combat.
Andy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2014, 07:57 PM   #13
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

although many of us here already know this, it's still an interesting story about today gaming industry.

1st part
2nd part
Old Jan 25, 2014, 12:01 AM   #14
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

What a story these guys have. Also a really sad look into the gaming industry these days. I almost can't even blame devs anymore after reading that. They get fist ****ed seven ways to sunday by these big publishers. It's no wonder they push **** out all the publishers care about is money, explains all the shitty DLC and the crazy prices for games.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 12:45 AM   #15
Dwarden
Bohemia Interactive

Dwarden can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDwarden can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
What a story these guys have. Also a really sad look into the gaming industry these days. I almost can't even blame devs anymore after reading that. They get fist ****ed seven ways to sunday by these big publishers. It's no wonder they push **** out all the publishers care about is money, explains all the shitty DLC and the crazy prices for games.
thankfully crowdfunding (kickstarter, indiegogo, fan-donations (e.g. spaceengine), greenlight+steam) do exist to save us ...
needed CCC features == online up2date Game profiles or ALL features of ATT / RadeonPro (if you fail deliver don't even try say You got technical advantage)
Old Jan 25, 2014, 07:37 AM   #16
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Games are a major business now. Get used to it.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:54 AM   #17
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

This looks absolutely fantastic. I'm a huge fan of Mount and Blade's combat (I think it's one of the most skill based MP games out there), and to have that in an RPG environment, first person, in a large world?

Oh my.. need to change my pants. Definitely going to be keeping an eye on this, and will probably pre-order when the time comes. I'm pretty picky on RPGs, the only two I've ever finished and really loved are KOTOR and Dragon Age: Origins. This could most definitely be the third.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2014, 12:59 PM   #18
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

This has a huge amount of potential. I think I'm actually going to back this on Kickstarter.
RicH(SAD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2014, 01:57 PM   #19
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

For $40 you can get the Baron digital edition, with alpha access.

Very tempting!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jan 25, 2014, 03:09 PM   #20
RicH(SAD)
Radeon Northern Islands

RicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete strangerRicH(SAD) once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
For $40 you can get the Baron digital edition, with alpha access.

Very tempting!
It is done.
RicH(SAD) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2014, 07:36 PM   #21
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

be warned though anything below DUKE package (125 pounds) only give you Act 1 of the game! even DUKE only give you Act 1 and 2 of the game from the supposedly 3 Acts the game going to get released.

that's one of the reasons I haven't pledged Star Citizen for example promises you alpha, beta, MMO and SP for as low as around $45... nevertheless if they eventually release the subsequent Acts in low price then it's okay considering they supposed to be in 2016 and 2017 lol.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:27 PM   #22
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Act I = 30 hours according to the website
Old Jan 26, 2014, 01:19 AM   #23
Dwarden
Bohemia Interactive

considering the amount of trouble (publishers totally uninterested about good game)

i'm happy they got so much already
Old Feb 3, 2014, 03:52 PM   #24
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Engine allows for layered clothing.

Quote:
Old Feb 3, 2014, 03:58 PM   #25
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
Engine allows for layered clothing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWQn10s_QJM
I just came to Kingdom Come!
Chubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2014, 04:56 PM   #26
Nunz
RIP Roxen

I'm jizzing everywhere.

SOMEONE GET ME SOME PAPER TOWEL OR SOMETHING
Old Feb 3, 2014, 05:02 PM   #27
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

unless someone got a purdy mouth in the game, I aint buyn

But seriously, I am keeping my eye on this game, won't consider it till it is the gold release version.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2014, 02:28 AM   #28
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

That really looks badass Can't wait to see how this one will turn out in the end.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2014, 03:04 AM   #29
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looks amazing really
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2014, 02:01 AM   #30
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Cant wait, I like RPG's like Skyrim and The Witcher, but the magic and stuff really turns me off. Something like this, much closer to reality, looks brilliant.