Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 19, 2009, 09:08 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i really love fantasy/magic games. but this and/or stargate really, really, *really* needs to make it. some succesful scifi in this genre is long overdue.

although... i really don't want to hear sound effects in space

Last edited by night : Dec 19, 2009 at 09:11 PM.
night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2009, 09:12 PM   #62
Crisler
SAPPHIRE PR REP

Crisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCrisler can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Night the problem is way to many of the scifi games play as a fantasy games with lasers. I hope we see a good scifi game soon, right now EVE is the only truly good one.

#SapphireNation
Crisler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2009, 09:13 PM   #63
Debello
Not built for speed

Debello is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
i really love fantasy/magic games. but this and/or stargate really, really, *really* needs to make it. some succesful scifi in this genre is long overdue.

although... i really don't want to hear sound effects in space
The stargate mmo was scrapped to make it a FPS adventure, but Star Wars KOTOR online looks good.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 19, 2009, 09:23 PM   #64
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

dammit, stargate seems more able as an mmo than star trek.

and i just don't do star wars. never liked anything about that universe
Old Dec 19, 2009, 10:30 PM   #65
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debello View Post
The stargate mmo was scrapped to make it a FPS adventure, but Star Wars KOTOR online looks good.
Link about Stargate Worlds?
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:01 AM   #66
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Computer Case Star Trek Online - Pre-Purchase Now on Steam

If you want beta access, this is a surefire way to get it.

Star Trek Online is now available for pre-purchase on Steam. Pre-purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition and receive exclusive in-game items and early beta access or pre-purchase the standard edition! Early beta access starts on January 12th.

Source: Steam News

Last edited by Android1 : Jan 5, 2010 at 07:03 AM.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:28 AM   #67
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

It seems as there will be 4 different versions of the game.

(1) Regular (39,99€)
(2) Silver (49,99€)
(3) Gold (59,99€)
(4) Collector's Edition (79,99€)

Prices may differ, as always with amazon.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:32 AM   #68
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

I only see the Collector's Edition for pre-order here in the States.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:36 AM   #69
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Well, over here it seem that all version are available. Pre-order that is (release: 02.02.2010)

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:52 AM   #70
buckshot23
Radeon Caribbean Islands

buckshot23 is still being judged by the masses

I picked up the 5 dollar pre order from best buy which promised open beta access.
buckshot23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2010, 08:15 AM   #71
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
Well, over here it seem that all version are available. Pre-order that is (release: 02.02.2010)
Yeah, the versioning system seems to be a convoluted mess. The United States appears to be getting standard retail, standard digital, retail CE, and digital deluxe versions. See here for the details on those. Europe has standard Special, Silver, and Gold editions available, and each countries' retailers seems to offer a different combination of those versions.

In addition, each individual retailer bundles different exclusive items and bonuses in with their pre-order offers. It is just crazy.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 08:34 AM   #72
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

yep. "To boldy bundle what no one has bundled before!"

To infinity.... and beyond (oops, wrong movie)

Old Jan 5, 2010, 08:36 AM   #73
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Quote:
yep. "To boldy bundle what no one has bundled before!"

To infinity.... and beyond (oops, wrong movie)
Old Jan 5, 2010, 09:18 AM   #74
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

What do you think General Akbar?

GA: It's a trap!
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2010, 09:37 AM   #75
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

They could do it like Kinder Surprise so no one knows what he bought until opening the egg... err Box!

I can see it, customer-replies....

"Dear Cryptic Studios, my name is Cindy and i'm 12 years old. Upon opening my box which was labeled with "Star Trek Online" i was presented with (1) a used copy of "Barbie bangs Bruno, the pony", (2) a trading card labeled "Tribbles with nibbels" and a manual for xerox printer. I was very surprised, yay! And guess what, my dad was also surprised right after we installed the Barbie-Disc. Bruno did some strange thing, but then Daddy told me, that Bruno was just trying to push Barbie across the street so she could go shopping. Well, because i'm too young to go shopping, Daddy took the disc away. The trading card is funny and the manual is...very manual. But, i have to ask: Where's the chocolate?"

Old Jan 5, 2010, 10:21 AM   #76
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Quote:
They could do it like Kinder Surprise so no one knows what he bought until opening the egg... err Box!

I can see it, customer-replies....

"Dear Cryptic Studios, my name is Cindy and i'm 12 years old. Upon opening my box which was labeled with "Star Trek Online" i was presented with (1) a used copy of "Barbie bangs Bruno, the pony", (2) a trading card labeled "Tribbles with nibbels" and a manual for xerox printer. I was very surprised, yay! And guess what, my dad was also surprised right after we installed the Barbie-Disc. Bruno did some strange thing, but then Daddy told me, that Bruno was just trying to push Barbie across the street so she could go shopping. Well, because i'm too young to go shopping, Daddy took the disc away. The trading card is funny and the manual is...very manual. But, i have to ask: Where's the chocolate?"
Old Jan 5, 2010, 12:08 PM   #77
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2010, 01:40 PM   #78
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Arent they supposed to look a little more... human?
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2010, 01:57 PM   #79
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

I'm not even sure what those are...
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2010, 03:35 PM   #80
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawdler View Post
Arent they supposed to look a little more... human?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartigan View Post
I'm not even sure what those are...
If that's supposed to be an Andorian he looks too much like an X-File grey.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2010, 04:14 PM   #81
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It's a custom race.

You have preselect races with preset race traits, or you can make your own custom race.

Federation isn't a human only club, regardless of what klingon's tell you.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:22 PM   #82
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

So if you have to buy a DLC to get Next Generation and DS9 Uniforms, what era uniforms does the game have by default?
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:32 PM   #83
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

i really hope this game it good, but plopping down $50 only to hope for the best is not gonna happen unless i'm on a date.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:55 PM   #84
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

both versions of the game are currently the top sellers on steam, so i guess there's quite a bit of excitement about this game. i want to get it too, but the steam sale cleaned me out and with mass effect 2, avp and other games coming soon...
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2010, 08:06 PM   #85
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Got an invite to the closed beta
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2010, 08:59 PM   #86
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

and your address is.. ?
Old Jan 5, 2010, 09:27 PM   #87
javiermq
Radeon Volcanic Islands

javiermq is still being judged by the masses

bleh, star trek nerds.

02:55 Mackey-IW
No, PC has custom stuff like mouse control, text chat in game, and graphics settings.

Steam's Logic on currency: $1 =€1
The euro is just a european version of the dollar! ITS TEH SAME THING!!
javiermq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2010, 09:58 PM   #88
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

meh i lost interest in this game after they mentioned there would be tank healer dps type ships.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2010, 11:08 PM   #89
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
meh i lost interest in this game after they mentioned there would be tank healer dps type ships.
it is a mmo by nature.

The game is very tactical.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2010, 11:51 PM   #90
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
Link about Stargate Worlds?
Just look through the forums...

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote