Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 3, 2009, 03:30 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

Hmmm it doesn't look too shabby now, I would be willing to give it a go.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 11:18 AM   #32
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2009, 12:51 PM   #33
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

My first thought when watching the videos: "Yay Star Trek!"
My second thought: "What the fre***** f*** another Star Trek game ruined!"

Combat looks retarded beyond belief. Going melee with a rifle against glow-worm klingons that can take 50 phaser hits?
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 5, 2009, 01:00 PM   #34
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It's a mmo everything is stat based not a one shot kill.
Plus it's not even in closed beta yet let alone finished.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Old Sep 5, 2009, 02:35 PM   #35
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

You can submit a application to join the beta:
http://www.startrekonline.com/node/365
Old Sep 5, 2009, 02:43 PM   #36
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I've read in an interview that ground combat still has a lot of development left to go through. I think that's evident when looking at those videos. Space combat though, looks good.
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2009, 09:54 PM   #37
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

Given how they are handling Champions Online, I wouldn't start holding your breath on this game being worthwhile at release.
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2009, 07:56 AM   #38
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyre View Post
You can submit a application to join the beta:
http://www.startrekonline.com/node/365
Thanks! I signed up.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2009, 05:09 PM   #39
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Old Oct 28, 2009, 05:43 PM   #40
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Never mind screenshots .

They have posted both parts of the Future past timeline vids, granted these are majorly condensed versions of their text written ones. Mainly for you people who can't read.

Old Oct 28, 2009, 06:04 PM   #41
Cartigan
Banned

Meh.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 12:46 AM   #42
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Never mind screenshots .

They have posted both parts of the Future past timeline vids, granted these are majorly condensed versions of their text written ones. Mainly for you people who can't read.
This is condensed?

They could have just said that the Klingons took over a bunch of systems and now the Klingon alliance is going to f**k with the Federation.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 05:40 PM   #43
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Well yea but that might have happened but, it happened because species 8472 is trying to start (and it obviously worked) a war in the Alpha quadrant.

http://www.startrekonline.com/fiction?page=3

Say what you want about Cryptic they really do know a lot about Star Trek, and the space battles are pretty sweet looking. Sorta like Starfleet Academy only on a larger scale.

Old Oct 29, 2009, 05:55 PM   #44
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete strangerAndroid1 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Does anyone know off-hand when the participants for the beta will be chosen?
Old Oct 29, 2009, 06:06 PM   #45
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Some already have. But they are doing it at their own pace.

Old Oct 30, 2009, 06:49 AM   #46
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Quote:
Some already have. But they are doing it at their own pace.
Ah. Thanks.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 12:19 PM   #47
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Say what you want about Cryptic they really do know a lot about Star Trek, and the space battles are pretty sweet looking. Sorta like Starfleet Academy only on a larger scale.
Maybe 5 years ago. The Borg ships explode in a blob of green... uh... slime it looks like. Or its supposed to be green smoke. Whatever it is, its green
Old Oct 30, 2009, 11:09 PM   #48
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

I'm talking about the battles them selves in the way they play out, not the graphics.

Old Oct 31, 2009, 08:20 AM   #49
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
I'm talking about the battles them selves in the way they play out, not the graphics.
Explosions are generally a major part of how battles play out

Graphics may not be everything, but when the visual effects of combat is messed up - such as Borg ships exploding into green space slime - its the opposite of immersion.

No doubt this will be more Legacy than Bridge Commander...
Old Oct 31, 2009, 10:52 AM   #50
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawdler View Post
No doubt this will be more Legacy than Bridge Commander...
It's neither, it's More akin to Star Trek Starfleet command in terms of combat.

Last edited by SirBaron : Oct 31, 2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 07:34 PM   #51
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

http://cinemablend.com/games/Star-Tr...med-20939.html

Quote:
Seems like only yesterday we were talking about Star Trek Online getting shelved by its previous developer. Now it's got a release date and everything. They grow up so fast, those sci-fi MMORPG's.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 08:27 PM   #52
Debello
Not built for speed

Debello is still being judged by the masses

Beta invites are going out
Old Dec 16, 2009, 08:19 AM   #53
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debello View Post
Beta invites are going out

They've been going out for over a month now. I played it all day yesterday.

Old Dec 19, 2009, 07:07 PM   #54
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Old Dec 19, 2009, 07:15 PM   #55
buckshot23
Radeon Caribbean Islands

buckshot23 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
They've been going out for over a month now. I played it all day yesterday.
What do you think?
buckshot23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2009, 08:02 PM   #56
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Can't discuss beta. I would if I could, but I'd rather not get kicked so early.

Old Dec 19, 2009, 08:16 PM   #57
Cartigan
Banned

From my experience with Champions Online, I wouldn't touch it with 10' pole.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 08:52 PM   #58
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartigan View Post
yea yea, as you keep saying over and over.

Old Dec 19, 2009, 09:01 PM   #59
buckshot23
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Can't discuss beta. I would if I could, but I'd rather not get kicked so early.
Given that you played all day, I would think you are having a positive experience.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 09:06 PM   #60
buckshot23
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartigan View Post
Great because I only have a 9' pole.