Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 4, 2010, 08:59 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 09:32 PM   #212
TenFour
Radeon Northern Islands

TenFour is still being judged by the masses

It's almost comical how long this thing has been in development. I was on the team for a few months as a texture artist, five years ago! I had almost forgotten about it. By the time this comes out, I'm doubtful any of my stuff will even still be in it.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2010, 09:22 AM   #213
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 5, 2010, 09:24 AM   #214
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
It's almost comical how long this thing has been in development. I was on the team for a few months as a texture artist, five years ago! I had almost forgotten about it. By the time this comes out, I'm doubtful any of my stuff will even still be in it.
maybe if your work didn't suck so bad, then it would come out sooner?

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2010, 09:56 AM   #215
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
The most recent video on their youtube channel.

Amazing

You do realize that they are posting old development stuff, not current, to the youtube channel? Old particle test, some bugs here and there, etc. It's like watching the extra features on a DVD and pulling the wireframe shots from "Making Of" and saying it represents the current status of the film...

And I've done HQ mods before, they are not a lot of work. I've also done larger mods. Entirely different ballgame, and are a LOT of work. Based on what the PC Powerplay guys said, and posted, I'll admit some curiosity as to why it is not out yet, but leave it at they are polishing the game. You know, the thing that everyone is raving about Starcraft 2 having. The thing Blizzard, and a large full time dev team spent some 10 years working one. Rather than some dedicated fans in their off time.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2010, 06:23 PM   #216
TenFour
Radeon Northern Islands

TenFour is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
maybe if your work didn't suck so bad, then it would come out sooner?
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2010, 07:47 PM   #217
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

It's ok TenFour, we like people who Suck around here...
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:13 PM   #218
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Black Mesa Will See A 2010 Release

According to a post on the official Black Mesa Half-Life 2 mod forums, lead developer ‘natedgreat3′ claims that despite the lack of updates, the much anticipated mod will be released before 2011. Black Mesa has been in development since 2004 in an attempt to re-create the original Half-Life using Half-Life 2′s Source Engine. For those looking forward to the mod, this is great news!

‘natedgreat3′ – Lead Developer, Black Mesa: A Half-Life 2 modification:
Attention Loyal Black Mesa Fans!
Feeling blue about the lack of updates? Clinging desperately to low resolution prop screenshots occasionally uploaded on the wiki? Tired of being cruelly mocked by the rest of humanity for your unwavering faith in “the final victory”?
Never fear. While it’s true that Black Mesa and Ep3 are in a tight contest for “Most Anticipated Half-Life Game That Nobody Even Knows is Alive or Not” you don’t have to agonize over it anymore.
What I’d do is this. Get some very, very powerful sedative.. like crush a pack of sleeping pills up and dump it in your Spaghettios. Then write a note that says “Dear Mom. Wake me up at the end of 2010.” Ok now don’t screw this up.. don’t misplace the 1 and the 0 and it be 2100. Or make your 0 squished so she thinks its 2011. End of 2010.
Then eat your Spaghettios.
view the original forum post here
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 12:18 PM   #219
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Everyone in this thread just got owned.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 01:28 PM   #220
xNaquada
/u/xnaquada

xNaquada is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoz View Post
Everyone in this thread just got owned.
Yeah because they havent said the same thing in 2007, 2008 and 2009.

2009 even had it in the trailer video.

As far as I'm concerned this changed nothing.
xNaquada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 02:47 PM   #221
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

awesome news. only a few months left
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 05:59 PM   #222
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

I actually know one of the devs do don't get your hopes up.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 07:56 PM   #223
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

FMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

This wont be out this year.
FMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 09:49 PM   #224
john2
Radeon Southern Islands

john2 is still being judged by the masses

Well, it was beginning of 2010 and now is end of 2010. Oh well, still the best thing to do with all those 'crazy-mods' is to forget about them. When it gets released, I'll surely give it a shot though
john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2010, 03:15 AM   #225
shoman24v
Radeon Southern Islands

shoman24v is still being judged by the masses

who cares anymore really, hl2 came out in '04.
shoman24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2010, 07:36 AM   #226
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Pr()ZaC is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman24v View Post
I do... and I also care about DNF... and... and... about Santa's helpers health!
Pr()ZaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2010, 01:05 PM   #227
Dark_Swordmaster
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete strangerDark_Swordmaster once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

That literally has NO bearing on this at all.
Dark_Swordmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2010, 07:25 PM   #228
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
and hl 1 that is being remade is 12 years old. and still unsurpassed.
Old Aug 8, 2010, 07:43 PM   #229
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
I actually know one of the devs do don't get your hopes up.
No where in that pic does he refute what the post actually said.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2010, 06:19 PM   #230
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Ahahhahahaa...

And so another year goes by.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2010, 06:22 PM   #231
GanjaStar
Jalouise

both this and they hunger source are the biggest let downs ever by the mod comunity, IMO.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 09:15 PM   #232
FMT
Radeon Volcanic Islands

FMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFMT can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I think ive worked it out....Valve is actually making the mod and thats why its taking forever. So they have 5 days left to make there "IT WILL COME OUT IN 2010" as shown in the steam chat up above.
FMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2010, 09:50 PM   #233
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R520

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMT View Post
I think ive worked it out....Valve is actually making the mod and thats why its taking forever. So they have 5 days left to make there "IT WILL COME OUT IN 2010" as shown in the steam chat up above.
I agree, I think we're going to see this packaged with EP3.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 09:53 PM   #234
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlash View Post
I agree, I think we're going to see this packaged with EP3.
If Valve wanted to remake their own game on their own engine they wouldn't have hired some modders who as far as I know haven't released anything in the past.

I would make a DNF comment about EP3 and Black Mesa but it looks like it's going to beat them both to the shelves which I find to be pretty funny.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2010, 10:05 PM   #235
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Where did counterstrike come from?
Fuku2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2010, 11:25 PM   #236
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R520

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
If Valve wanted to remake their own game on their own engine they wouldn't have hired some modders who as far as I know haven't released anything in the past.
I disagree completely, if you can buy property after all of the development is done, that's huge. They may not have wanted to invest in remaking Half-Life, but if they can buy it for a fraction of the time and money it would have cost to make, that's a great deal.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 01:21 AM   #237
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

So is EP3 coming out first or BMS?

who wants to place bets?
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2010, 02:07 AM   #238
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
So is EP3 coming out first or BMS?

who wants to place bets?
the joke used to be which one will come first, duke nukem forever or black mesa source?

now we know the answer to that one :\
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2010, 08:42 AM   #239
TheScott2K
I'M OUT OF ORDER?

TheScott2K is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
Where did counterstrike come from?
From a time when making a fully fleshed-out add-on for a game took a lot less resources.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 10:49 AM   #240
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScott2K View Post
From a time when making a fully fleshed-out add-on for a game took a lot less resources.
No, I mean didn't some modders make Counterstrike and Valve bought it from them?
Fuku2 is offline   Reply With Quote