Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 2, 2008, 09:21 AM   #121
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
you're right about the fact that a trailer doesn't mean a game will be released. reminds me of the starcraft ghost trailer

you are also in no position whatsoever to state whether this game will come out or not.
Neither are you
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 10:05 AM   #122
klutzon
Found his way home

klutzon is still being judged by the masses

Would someone please be kind enough to upload the 104MB trailer for me to Rapidshare or another file hosting service of their choice, since FileFront is really slow for me, and I can't use multiple-threads in Flashget to download it?

Klutz is enjoying his "Forever" membership at Galbadia Hotel... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CLICKS GUYS!!! :)
Galbadia Hotel: a place for game soundtrack lovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Swordmaster View Post
This is true. 'sides, Klutzon could quintuple post something and I'd still prefer his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDHA
Yes, I'm a stubborn moron at times, but it keeps me occupied ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honsy
Just tell her to open her mouth and close her eyes ... then throw her down and stick it in her pooper ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimacy
Welcome to the world of current events. Feel free to grab a brochure and get back to us when you've caught up with the latest news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzieBloke
It's okay Vazel. We all know about your "punctuation" issues and how much you like ";" as opposed to ":"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian View Post
Ugh, I hate that.. I honestly get so paranoid it's not even funny. One time, I ran out of eyedrops (dear god) and forgot. I went to the nearest shoppers, red-eyed as hell, holding only a box of clear-eyes in a huge line up, never.. ever.. again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaperJe|\|i3 View Post
Yeah, it seems like any game that doesn't measure up to some arbitrary standard or feeling we expect to have gets labeled consolized! What?!? Blurry textures! Consolitus! You can't save every 4 seconds? Consolitus! It doesn't have 12 million buttons that are bindable to controls! Consolitus! I can't use 16XAA with 166XAF consolitus! I got laid last nite because I wasn't playing PC games. Consolitus! No wait....
| My Games Collection (last updated Oct 07)
klutzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 10:15 AM   #123
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartigan View Post
Neither are you
except i'm not the one who's saying there's little chance of it coming out when there is no indication at all that it won't. you're the one who claims to have this great insight on the matter.

Last edited by spindoctor : Dec 2, 2008 at 10:17 AM.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 2, 2008, 10:16 AM   #124
Zimmy
Radeon R520

Zimmy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZimmy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I spoke with the developers and they say this mod will be released the day after Duke Nukem 4 Ever is released.

Seriously, they had screenshots for this thing when the original Half Life 2 was released. What is taking so long?
Zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 10:19 AM   #125
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmy View Post
I spoke with the developers and they say this mod will be released the day after Duke Nukem 4 Ever is released.

Seriously, they had screenshots for this thing when the original Half Life 2 was released. What is taking so long?
since you're speaking with the developers why don't you ask them. better yet, ask yourself why they should answer to you.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 10:26 AM   #126
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

zebra 204 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Cactus balls.
The only one crying here is you, sir. You keep whining how its not released yet. I personally have doubts about its release, but at least I'm not the one insulting peoples hard work about something you get for free and since it is free you really have no right to complain.

Btw, I have HL:Source and it does use the Source engine hence why its called HL:Source. Unless you were being sarcastic about the limited amount of changes they made(despite using almost every effect you see in HL2)? With texture packs it can look better though.

To Play List: Everything else
zebra 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 10:44 AM   #127
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by klutzon View Post
Would someone please be kind enough to upload the 104MB trailer for me to Rapidshare or another file hosting service of their choice, since FileFront is really slow for me, and I can't use multiple-threads in Flashget to download it?
i'm on it klutz. give me some time and i'll put it up.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 10:58 AM   #128
klutzon
Found his way home

Wow, what the hell happened to this thread?

Y'all need a timeout!

Quote:
i'm on it klutz. give me some time and i'll put it up.
Thank you spindoctor.

Klutz is enjoying his "Forever" membership at Galbadia Hotel... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR CLICKS GUYS!!! :)

Quote:
This is true. 'sides, Klutzon could quintuple post something and I'd still prefer his.
Quote:
Quote:
Just tell her to open her mouth and close her eyes ... then throw her down and stick it in her pooper ;)
Quote:
Welcome to the world of current events. Feel free to grab a brochure and get back to us when you've caught up with the latest news.
Quote:
It's okay Vazel. We all know about your "punctuation" issues and how much you like ";" as opposed to ":"
Quote:
Ugh, I hate that.. I honestly get so paranoid it's not even funny. One time, I ran out of eyedrops (dear god) and forgot. I went to the nearest shoppers, red-eyed as hell, holding only a box of clear-eyes in a huge line up, never.. ever.. again...
Quote:
Yeah, it seems like any game that doesn't measure up to some arbitrary standard or feeling we expect to have gets labeled consolized! What?!? Blurry textures! Consolitus! You can't save every 4 seconds? Consolitus! It doesn't have 12 million buttons that are bindable to controls! Consolitus! I can't use 16XAA with 166XAF consolitus! I got laid last nite because I wasn't playing PC games. Consolitus! No wait....
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:39 AM   #129
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Everywhere i look about this mod people are criticizing the development team, even worse is on HL2World forums. This is why modding is dying, not so, because the work as increased (because it as) but because modding teams are having upon them the same pressure from gamers as a professional and paid team as, and more better looking the mod the worse.

Peaple, mod's are FREE and made by guys like you and me that use there spare time to make a game, if it takes 5 or more years to make who cares, i certanly not, and if you want it to come sonner them help the team.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:13 PM   #130
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

alright it's up. took ages . rapidshare sucks.

http://rapidshare.com/files/16957389..._720p.wmv.html

enjoy
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:17 PM   #131
Dragex
Pwned and Boned

Dragex is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Cry me a ****ing river. They are just updating it to source because Half Life is a game that was already ****ing made. They are not making a new storyline or new, unique game; they are taking a game that already exists and completely overhauling it. Yeah, they have to make new models and new textures because there arn't that many scientists and original monsters in the second game.

And fixing bugs is what you do during development of anything. Give me a ****ing break.

Also, don't give a ****. I will give a **** when they finish it. They can release unique videos all ****ing day, every day and it doesn't mean the mod will ever be finished or released. You people are getting worked up over nothing. No, they arn't getting paid to develop a mod. That is their damn choice. It's not like they turned down massive bags of money sent to them and like "we will make this for free!" No. This was their decision. Do I care? No.

And Half-Life Source is not an update to Source, it's the original game with a handful of modifications.
You are a whiny little bitch... Don't really care? Then leave the thread and do us all a favor.

Either you are trolling or are an ass, I can't believe people will find even free cool stuff something to complain about. It is amazing.

If I fart in my house, will you complain as well?

Fallout3, Mirror's Edge, HL2:Ep2, Braid, CoD4, Crysis WH.

Upcoming games I'm going to play:

FF7 PSOneEmulator, FarCry2, NWN2, BioShockPc, Finish Assassin's Creed,
SW:Force Unleashed, Trine, The Witcher, Finish Doom3.
Dragex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:23 PM   #132
bounty_hunter
Radeon Arctic Islands

bounty_hunter is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argoon1981 View Post
Everywhere i look about this mod people are criticizing the development team, even worse is on HL2World forums. This is why modding is dying, not so, because the work as increased (because it as) but because modding teams are having upon them the same pressure from gamers as a professional and paid team as, and more better looking the mod the worse.

Peaple, mod's are FREE and made by guys like you and me that use there spare time to make a game, if it takes 5 or more years to make who cares, i certanly not, and if you want it to come sonner them help the team.
well development team have as much blame as the community. Instead of stroking their epeens and teasing people FOUR YEARS prior to release how about they silently work on the project getting much more done then appeasing to the masses and stroking their ego?

if you think the website is to hire more talent or showcase their work, there are portfolio's and development forums you go to for that sort of thing. You can keep it hush and still gain members.

Of course they'll get criticized and it's actually worse for the mod because it uses so much steam and support over a long development cycle. Whereas they could easily have released the website now with the video and just blew everyone away. Then ride that wave for a year

system sepcs: Ultra X-Finity 500W ATX PS w/2 80mm Fans-Athlon-64 3400+ - GigaByte K8NS nForce-3 250 Chipset- ATI Radeon X800-Pro 256MB-Western Digital 200 GB 7200 RPM-dvd 16x-sony dvd rw dw-d22a
once in the 70's i tried boy scout cookies, they tasted weird and confusing. -logen
bounty_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:31 PM   #133
Zimmy
Radeon R520

Zimmy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZimmy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
since you're speaking with the developers why don't you ask them. better yet, ask yourself why they should answer to you.
Nah, I'd rather ask them why they would set up a website, post a bunch of screenshots with no real desire to actually release it.

I love it when people get jumped on when they question why something is taking a crazy amount of time to finish.
If they didn't want the expectations, then just keep it quiet until it is ready to be released.
Otherwise, how about a blog entry on what is taking so long or, even better, tell everyone it was harder then they thought and they gave up.
This is an old engine (now), with existing maps and 10 year old script events.
I would bet Valve could knock it out in a weekend if they thought they could make money from it.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:44 PM   #134
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argoon1981 View Post

I'm on the hl2world forums but all we are doing is just trolling the mod because jean paul is hiding the release date from us (we're all also on flamehaus, the bms dev jean paul is also on it).
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:55 PM   #135
klutzon
Found his way home

Quote:
alright it's up. took ages . rapidshare sucks.

http://rapidshare.com/files/16957389..._720p.wmv.html

enjoy
Thanks so much spindoctor! 100 +rep for you!

(And btw, there's Megaupload and MegaShares that you could use in the future, faster uploads and I've got accounts for them as well. )

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by klutzon : Dec 2, 2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 01:39 PM   #136
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Nah, I'd rather ask them why they would set up a website, post a bunch of screenshots with no real desire to actually release it.

I love it when people get jumped on when they question why something is taking a crazy amount of time to finish.
If they didn't want the expectations, then just keep it quiet until it is ready to be released.
Otherwise, how about a blog entry on what is taking so long or, even better, tell everyone it was harder then they thought and they gave up.
This is an old engine (now), with existing maps and 10 year old script events.
I would bet Valve could knock it out in a weekend if they thought they could make money from it.
yup. 4 years in the making. they haven't given up on it yet. definitely sounds like they have 'no desire to actually release it'

having expectations is fine. being excited for it's impending release is fine. you however are bitching about how slow they are. you're just trash talking them. you seem to forget that they don't owe you squat. they don't have to work according to anyone's expectations but their own because they don't have to answer to anyone.

coming to the source engine part, i've always had the feeling that it's really hard to create content for it. the number of mods have been quite less (total conversions more so) and pretty much every mod has taken ages to come out (not including the small guildhall demos). same seems to be true of source games. and this team seems to be perfectionist. if you see the video it looks like they've done a lot of work. oh and saying the engine is old means nothing if you're working on it the first time.

your last statement is wrong in so many ways it's laughable. valve has already knocked out their version of the game - it was called half life : source. it wasn't very good. valve does indeed get paid for their work and they make money off of it. but the best part - even valve, the creators of source technology take absolutely insane amounts of time to push out source content. lets have a look at what valve has managed in the last 4 years since half life 2 came out -

1. episode 1 + 2 + source engine enhancements -- 10 hours of singleplayer content.
2. portal (idea lifted) -- 2 hours of singleplayer content
3. team fortress 2 (10 years in the making, shipped with 6 maps + 2 major updates)
4. left4dead (idea lifted, 5 multiplayer campaigns)
5. steam (hard to quantify)

did i miss anything?

even though half life is nothing new, recreating all the content (which the black mesa team is doing) is at least the same as all that. if you say that valve spent time designing the game, well, the mod team spent time on their real lives.

at the end though, the point remains, why are you so negative? yes, everyone knows it has taken years to get to here. but there is no indication at this point of time that the mod is not going to release. why are you getting so angry and whiny towards them?

Last edited by spindoctor : Dec 2, 2008 at 01:44 PM.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 02:06 PM   #137
Zimmy
Radeon R520

I'm not at all angry, I completely forgot about this vaporware until I saw this thread at the top today.

I just would like to know what would take so long?

I doubt they are creating much, it seems like they are using all the assets from HL2.

What was their motivation for creating it?
When was their expectation on finishing it?
[When I saw the website, right after HL2 came out, I expected 3 or 4 months looking at how much looked like it was finished].
Did they give up on working it for a period of time?
Did they expect to sell it and when they got no bites, they shelved it?
Honestly, if it takes you 5 years of your life to create a user mod, would you even bother?
At least Duke Nukem has the changed engine excuse.
And no, Valve didn't do it, they just ran HL 1 through a source converter.
As great a game as HL1 is, it doesn't have half of the things going on as in HL2.
No gravity gun, no huge monsters, no AI teammate, no specialized enemies, no vehicles, etc.
Again, its not anger, just curiosity.

Last edited by Zimmy : Dec 2, 2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 02:08 PM   #138
Ristogod
Semper Vigilare

Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Ristogod once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Looks cool. Probably the only way I'd revisit HL1 again.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 02:13 PM   #139
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
I'm not at all angry, I completely forgot about this vaporware until I saw this thread at the top today.

I just would like to know what would take so long?

I doubt they are creating much, it seems like they are using all the assets from HL2.

What was their motivation for creating it?
When was their expectation on finishing it?
[When I saw the website, right after HL2 came out, I expected 3 or 4 months looking at how much looked like it was finished].
Did they give up on working it for a period of time?
Did they expect to sell it and when they got no bites, they shelved it?
Honestly, if it takes you 5 years of your life to create a user mod, would you even bother?
At least Duke Nukem has the changed engine excuse.
And no, Valve didn't do it, they just ran HL 1 through a source converter.
As great a game as HL1 is, it doesn't have half of the things going on as in HL2.
No gravity gun, no huge monsters, no AI teammate, no specialized enemies, no vehicles, etc.
Again, its not anger, just curiosity.
No not all the assets are from Hl2, there are new enemies, all the models from Hl1 built new for BMS.

What takes so long? Hmmm the fact they are making every level for a whole game.

The fact that these people do this in the spare time?

Can't you grasp these simple concepts? It takes ages to remake a whole game, especially if it's in your spare time, you know those few hours a day?

What if they're freaking married they might only be able to put a few hours a week at most to the project.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 02:46 PM   #140
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
The fact that these people do this in the spare time?
That's the point chumps like Cartigan seem to miss, these guys are not getting paid to work 9-5 on this mod.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 03:00 PM   #141
klutzon
Found his way home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ristogod View Post
Looks cool. Probably the only way I'd revisit HL1 again.
Me too.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old Dec 2, 2008, 03:15 PM   #142
klutzon
Found his way home

O M G!!!

I just watched the trailer...

I WANT TO PLAY THAT NOW!!!

Anyone in this thread who's bitching about this taking too long, BE QUIET AND GRATEFUL THAT THIS IS HAPPENING IN THE FIRST PLACE! If they need until 2009, give it to them! That looks like an experience that there's no way in hell you should rush!

Oh man...

Can you imagine Xen?

And the G-man looked so evil in that trailer, it gave me some hardcore goosebumps...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old Dec 2, 2008, 03:42 PM   #143
Pr()ZaC
Banned

Pr()ZaC is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Good stuff... me wants!
Pr()ZaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 07:29 PM   #144
-=John=-
Radeon Northern Islands

-=John=- is still being judged by the masses

If you can't tell why it's taking so long after reading what this project is doing and watching the trailer you aren't going to get it so don't bother complaining.

This mod looks absolutely incredible, I can't wait to play it! These guys had better get hired by Valve or something if they do this right, they deserve some sort of huge reward for sure. So awesome

"A bachelor is a man who comes to work each day from a different direction"
-=John=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 08:09 PM   #145
Cartigan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra 204 View Post
Btw, I have HL:Source and it does use the Source engine hence why its called HL:Source. Unless you were being sarcastic about the limited amount of changes they made(despite using almost every effect you see in HL2)? With texture packs it can look better though.
It wasn't an overhaul - it was just a showcase of Source stuff on top of the original stuff.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 08:12 PM   #146
Cartigan
Banned

Quote:
except i'm not the one who's saying there's little chance of it coming out when there is no indication at all that it won't. you're the one who claims to have this great insight on the matter.
I claimed it had a 50% chance of not releasing - maybe more based on observations based on other mods and other games. The keep trying to update to the latest and greatest engine and everything gets pushed back.. And since they arn't getting paid, like you people like to point out as if it proves your point, the longer it takes, the chance of it not releasing increases.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 08:19 PM   #147
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

zebra 204 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
It wasn't an overhaul - it was just a showcase of Source stuff on top of the original stuff.
Yeah I know that. I just thought you might have been implying that it didn't use the source engine.

To Play List: Everything else
zebra 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:21 AM   #148
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I claimed it had a 50% chance of not releasing - maybe more based on observations based on other mods and other games. The keep trying to update to the latest and greatest engine and everything gets pushed back.. And since they arn't getting paid, like you people like to point out as if it proves your point, the longer it takes, the chance of it not releasing increases.
they just released a trailer. which indicates to me that they are still working on the project and it isn't dead. there is no indication to suggest otherwise.

you on the other hand, have already decided that this mod is vapourware.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 10:20 AM   #149
Zimmy
Radeon R520

Wow, I just got around to seeing the trailer.

I may be eating some crow soon.

Very impressive.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 10:26 AM   #150
klutzon
Found his way home

Quote:
Wow, I just got around to seeing the trailer.

I may be eating some crow soon.

Very impressive.
Please don't tell me you went off on those tangents before without even seeing the trailer first...?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by klutzon : Dec 3, 2008 at 01:48 PM.