Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 30, 2008, 09:17 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

They should get some kind of an award if they pull this off.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2008, 09:18 PM   #92
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

zebra 204 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Yeah people seem to think that making mods in your spare time, especially recreating a whole game with the latest production values is fast work.
Who let you off sandbox2, GET BACK TO WORK!

*Cracks whip*

BTW, you can take me off the beta-testers list if you haven't already. Something suddenly came up that needed my most immediate attention.

To Play List: Everything else
zebra 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2008, 09:21 PM   #93
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra 204 View Post
Who let you off sandbox2, GET BACK TO WORK!

*Cracks whip*

BTW, you can take me off the beta-testers list if you haven't already. Something suddenly came up that needed my most immediate attention.
No point X32I is currently dead, too busy with lightspire and real life.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 30, 2008, 09:21 PM   #94
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoz View Post
They should get some kind of an award if they pull this off.
Well, I imagine whoever pulls this off and has BMS on their resume can pick and choose any job in the gaming industry they want.
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2008, 09:29 PM   #95
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
No point X32I is currently dead, too busy with lightspire and real life.
Does that mean its okay now to admit that I was lying and this entire time I wasn't beta-testing I was doing absolutely nothing else productive.

Old Nov 30, 2008, 09:35 PM   #96
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Does that mean its okay now to admit that I was lying and this entire time I wasn't beta-testing I was doing absolutely nothing else productive.
No

(clocks shotgun)

Run bitch, run.

There was no new test version since the release, so i'll let you off.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2008, 10:31 PM   #97
Major-Minor
Destination Unknown...

Major-Minor is still being judged by the masses

The most honorable revenge is the one not taken.

Major-Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:34 AM   #98
Ozilon
Radeon R700

Ozilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major-Minor View Post
Could these be described with the word "nerdgasm"?
Ozilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:42 AM   #99
zodiak
YAWK YAWK YAWK

zodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyzodiak can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartigan View Post
I will give a **** when they actually release a mod instead of a movie.

Vapourware awards:
Full game/lifetime achievement: Duke Nukem Forever
Mod: Black Mesa Source
Yeahhh, maybe you realize only one of those two development teams are, you know, getting paid?

"Wahhh, I want my free stuff now!!"
Old Dec 1, 2008, 03:14 AM   #100
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaron^ View Post
Could these be described with the word "nerdgasm"?

2009 eh , probably dec 31st
Old Dec 1, 2008, 04:26 AM   #101
Maze
Bazinga!

Maze is still being judged by the masses

this is perhaps the best, most professional looking mod i've ever seen! I'm pretty sure valve will buy this up before release and will charge money for it. But i'm willing to pay for it!
Old Dec 1, 2008, 04:27 AM   #102
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze View Post
this is perhaps the best, most professional looking mod i've ever seen! I'm pretty sure valve will buy this up before release and will charge money for it. But i'm willing to pay for it!
And then delay it while porting for consoles.......
Old Dec 1, 2008, 04:35 AM   #103
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I wish they did buy it up and help them and pay them for the work. Then put in some high quality voice work and anything else.

$10 for a high def replay of half-life is easy worth it.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2008, 04:42 AM   #104
{0}Salamander{0}
Radeon Man Returneth

{0}Salamander{0} is still being judged by the masses

Agreed, looks great so far.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 07:18 AM   #105
spyre
ATI Beta Tester

spyre is still being judged by the masses

Very nice indeed I am looking forward to this, based on the movie they seem at a fairly advanced stage already.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 07:47 AM   #106
Ozilon
Radeon R700

Ozilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird singsOzilon knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Neilsouth View Post

2009 eh , probably dec 31st
As long as it comes out in 2009, it's fine. Time flies by when Im in the army.
Ozilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2008, 10:55 AM   #107
HiThere
salty cracker

HiThere is still being judged by the masses

The movies look absolutely wonderful.

Oh, and ask any professional game developer: Changes in specification in the middle of a project spell disaster when it comes to completion dates. First rule of a project is you nail down the specs, then you build it. This team may be making a herculean effort to finish, but they do not have the resources, imho, to keep up with the changing environment of computer graphics to the point where they should re-tool for every addition Valve makes to the Source engine, as it changes mid-stride to their development cycle. I think they should focus on release, then update as necessary. Witness the success and acclaim of the Fakefactory mods, currently on version 9.5, that started off as a simple texture update and has expanded to include new models and lighting modes ported from Ep1 and 2. Granted, that's not as big of project, but the guy knows how to manage his resources.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:19 PM   #108
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

i don't know why you guys seem so eager to get valve to buy the project. that would move the release date from 2009 to 2012
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2008, 07:48 PM   #109
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
Yeah, seriously, and judging by that video it looks like they are shooting for the multi-million dollar production quality, it's amazing!
You mean just updating the original game to Source?

And to the people saying it is taking so long because they are trying to keep up with updates in the Source engine - so? How do you think all the Vapourware games got delayed so long? Trying to rewrite themselves to the latest and greatest engine.
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2008, 08:10 PM   #110
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

Oh wow this is the single coolest thing I've seen. I'm so excited for this to come out, been waiting so long. Man the quality they are putting into their work is insane for a mod. I'm not even sure you can call it a mod now.

I really hope this comes out sooner rather than later. From reading their dev blog they are definitely down to the nitty gritty. Here's hoping for a release date in Q1
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2008, 08:11 PM   #111
Bender
Radeon R700

Bender is still being judged by the masses

Guh, I don't have the patience to wait until 2012...IF Valve was working on the project (would expect them to have the resources to get it out the door sooner...) but since it's just a mod...I'll wait it out.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2008, 08:21 PM   #112
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Honestly at this point I'll just be happy if it comes out. Yeah I want to play it RIGHT NOW but I've waited this long so I think I can wait a little longer. At least now we have a time frame of 365 days or so.

Especially after seeing the amount of work these guys took on. Honestly I'm quite surprised they didn't abandon it (or maybe they did they just never announced it, lol).

Damn't, part of me wishes I didn't see that.. too excited now.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 08:22 PM   #113
Bender
Radeon R700

Bender is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
Honestly at this point I'll just be happy if it comes out. Yeah I want to play it RIGHT NOW but I've waited this long so I think I can wait a little longer. At least now we have a time frame of 365 days or so.

Especially after seeing the amount of work these guys took on. Honestly I'm quite surprised they didn't abandon it (or maybe they did they just never announced it, lol).

Damn't, part of me wishes I didn't see that.. too excited now.
I like having the time frame, but I had nearly forgotten about it until now, so it's planted right there in my mind now driving me nuts wanting to play it no good!
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2008, 09:19 PM   #114
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

Quote:
You mean just updating the original game to Source?
WTF!? They are creating new models, textures, cinematics, voice work, the whole nine ****ing yards. What drove you to the conclusion that they were "just updating" to source? Numb nuts.

Thats not even mentioning any bugs/problems they might of repeatedly came across while making the mod that they have to fix before release. This isn't a major developing company full of experts that get paid for what they are doing, no they are just a team of modders working their asses off to make a mod for the half-life that they get FOR FREE! Now STFU or GTFO.

Old Dec 1, 2008, 09:41 PM   #115
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

On Cartigans comment, the whole reason this mod exists in the first place is because all Valve did was update HL to the Source engine. These guys are doing what Valve should have done in the first place. Plus a whole lot more by the looks of it. From what I've seen and read this mod goes above and beyond.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 10:24 PM   #116
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Damn it, the houndeyes are still enemies
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2008, 04:50 AM   #117
Cartigan
Banned

Quote:
WTF!? They are creating new models, textures, cinematics, voice work, the whole nine ****ing yards. What drove you to the conclusion that they were "just updating" to source? Numb nuts.

Thats not even mentioning any bugs/problems they might of repeatedly came across while making the mod that they have to fix before release. This isn't a major developing company full of experts that get paid for what they are doing, no they are just a team of modders working their asses off to make a mod for the half-life that they get FOR FREE! Now STFU or GTFO.
Cry me a ****ing river. They are just updating it to source because Half Life is a game that was already ****ing made. They are not making a new storyline or new, unique game; they are taking a game that already exists and completely overhauling it. Yeah, they have to make new models and new textures because there arn't that many scientists and original monsters in the second game.

And fixing bugs is what you do during development of anything. Give me a ****ing break.

Also, don't give a ****. I will give a **** when they finish it. They can release unique videos all ****ing day, every day and it doesn't mean the mod will ever be finished or released. You people are getting worked up over nothing. No, they arn't getting paid to develop a mod. That is their damn choice. It's not like they turned down massive bags of money sent to them and like "we will make this for free!" No. This was their decision. Do I care? No.

And Half-Life Source is not an update to Source, it's the original game with a handful of modifications.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 05:32 AM   #118
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
...IF Valve was working on the project (would expect them to have the resources to get it out the door sooner...)
one would think so now wouldn't they

and cartigan, wtf crawled up your ass?! they're making a mod for free and they release a trailer for it and you're criticizing . tell me what they owe you personally that you should have any valid opinion or expectation on when it should be done.

Last edited by spindoctor : Dec 2, 2008 at 05:36 AM.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 07:30 AM   #119
Cartigan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
one would think so now wouldn't they

and cartigan, wtf crawled up your ass?! they're making a mod for free and they release a trailer for it and you're criticizing . tell me what they owe you personally that you should have any valid opinion or expectation on when it should be done.
I'm pointing out a trailer != a game ever being released. And you people are blowing a gasket because you can' accept that this mod has as much, or more, chance of dieing as being released.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 07:47 AM   #120
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I'm pointing out a trailer != a game ever being released. And you people are blowing a gasket because you can' accept that this mod has as much, or more, chance of dieing as being released.
you're right about the fact that a trailer doesn't mean a game will be released. reminds me of the starcraft ghost trailer

you are also in no position whatsoever to state whether this game will come out or not.