Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 30, 2019, 05:27 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default Homeworld 3

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2019, 05:36 PM   #2
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

You beat me by 2 minutes. I was never a huge fan of the homeworld games (too hard core for me) but I do applaud a good RTS game to return to the market.

Here's more of the announcement;

Quote:
Earlier this month, Gearbox teased a special Homeworld announcement coming during its show at PAX West. Today that announcement was made, and it's one I've been waiting for: Homeworld 3 is happening.

Homeworld 3 is being developed by Blackbird Interactive, a studio headed by veterans of the original games whose previous project was the 2016 Homeworld prequel Deserts of Kharak. The new game is still very early in pre-production, and will be supported by a crowdfunding campaign on Fig with a goal of just $1—Gearbox said the point is to enable fans "to invest and participate in the success of the title," and also help set its priorities through a backers-only survey on features, priorities, and collector's edition contents.

The trailer is purely cinematic, but even so I think it's very encouraging. It looks right and it sounds right: The music, voices, muffled ambient audio, and those distinctive engine trailers are straight out of the original Homeworld (in some cases literally, I think) and Blackbird CEO Rob Cunningham said the new game "will capture the mood and tone of Homeworld and deliver it in an exactly expected and juicy, lovely way."

Homeworld 3 is currently targeted for release in late 2022. https://www.pcgamer.com/gearbox-anno...3-at-pax-west/

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2019, 05:56 PM   #3
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

late 2022
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 30, 2019, 06:19 PM   #4
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
late 2022
Yeah, so basically 2023 is what they are super-sayin.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote