Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Dec 5, 2017, 09:40 AM   #1021
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Fair enough, but who said everything posted on forums needs to be helpful?

Sometimes people just want to voice their feelings and should be allowed to do that, right?
I wouldn't call that voicing your feelings. You started with "Who cares? I have hundreds of other games to play".

Seems more like a statement, which had no relevence in this thread. That's like me going to a Star Wars discussion thread and posting "Who cares? I have hundreds of other movies to watch."
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 09:54 AM   #1022
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post

Though my biggest question is how all the vortigants acquired a jamaican accent in Half Life 2?
Probably inspired by this old 80s classic:

SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:03 AM   #1023
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
I wouldn't call that voicing your feelings. You started with "Who cares? I have hundreds of other games to play".

Seems more like a statement, which had no relevence in this thread. That's like me going to a Star Wars discussion thread and posting "Who cares? I have hundreds of other movies to watch."
It was a response to the news that it got delayed again. Seems relevant to me.

Only thing that is not relevant in a forum thread is a completely off topic post.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:19 AM   #1024
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
It was a response to the news that it got delayed again. Seems relevant to me.

Only thing that is not relevant in a forum thread is a completely off topic post.
Yes, only relevent to you. Otherwise it was a completely irrelevent thing to say. Like going to one of Shrikes anti Trump threads and posting "Who cares? I have laundry to do".
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:23 AM   #1025
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Yes, only relevent to you. Otherwise it was a completely irrelevent thing to say.
And only irrelevant, and apparently bothersome to you.

I don't see anyone else here complaining. But please, continue. I've got all day.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:34 AM   #1026
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
And only irrelevant, and apparently bothersome to you.

I don't see anyone else here complaining. But please, continue. I've got all day.
I thought you didn't care and have hundreds of games to play?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:48 AM   #1027
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I thought you didn't care and have hundreds of games to play?
Annnnd we've run our course here. Especially considering you're jabbing at me across multiple threads now.

Have a nice day.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:54 AM   #1028
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
Annnnd we've run our course here. Especially considering you're jabbing at me across multiple threads now.

Have a nice day.
Hey you're not the only one with a desk job, and I'm also bored . I write SQL queries all day, this is a welcome break.

But you're right, this has run its course. I get your opinion buying early access games is a risk. But this particular mod has existed long before that, and it was apparent they went early access primarily to just make some money without having the earnest intention to finish it. Which is wrong, but what can be done about it? Nothing.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:27 PM   #1029
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Annnnd we've run our course here.
Quote:
But you're right, this has run its course.
You ladies finally done? About f'ing time!

Bunch of spammers!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 09:09 PM   #1030
borat
Radeon R700

borat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyborat can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'd be fine with this delay if the rest of the game didn't run so poopy for me.....
borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2017, 01:01 PM   #1031
deadite_9
random and/or senseless

deadite_9 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydeadite_9 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
I'd be fine with this delay if the rest of the game didn't run so poopy for me.....
Yeah, it can run pretty badly in some sections with all the details cranked (*cough* Surface Tension *cough*). Don't know if it runs any better when you start dialing stuff back because I honestly never tried... just feels wrong having to actually tweak the settings in a Source game after all these years.

:: HDTV
Samsung Q8FN (4K QLED, 65") :: A/V Onkyo TX-RZ830 ::
:: UHD
Sony UBP-X700 :: BD Oppo BDP-83 :: CD Onkyo DX-C390 ::
:: PHONO
Technics SL-1200MK2 :: GAME Xbox One X + PS4 Pro ::
:: FRONT
JBL SCS300SAT + FS1000 :: SW HSU Research STF-2 ::
:: CENTER
JBL EC35 (Black Ash) :: LFE HSU Research VTF-2 MK5 ::
:: SURROUND L/R
JBL SCS300SAT :: SW HSU Research STF-2 ::
:: SURR BACK L/R
JBL SCS300SAT :: SW HSU Research STF-1 ::

:: CPU
Core i7 7820X (4.5GHz) :: MB ASUS ROG Strix X299-E Gaming ::
:: BIOS
1704 :: AIO Corsair H115i PRO + (2x) Noctua NF-A14 chromax ::
:: DDR4
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3000MHz (15-17-17-35) ::
:: GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 Founders Edition :: LCD Acer Predator XB241H ::
:: AUDIO
ROG SupremeFX (S1220A) :: SPEAKERS Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 ::
:: OS
Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903) :: NVME Samsung 960 PRO M.2 (512GB) ::
:: SSD
(1x) Samsung 850 PRO (512GB) + (3x) 850 EVO (1TB/1TB/1TB) ::
:: INPUT
Logitech G413 Silver + G MX518 + Xbox One Controller (wireless) ::
:: PSU
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 + CableMod Pro series (black/white) ::
:: CASE
Corsair Carbide Air 540 (silver, DEMCiflex intake filters) ::
:: FANS
(2x) Noctua NF-P14s redux + (1x) NF-P14r redux ::
deadite_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2017, 02:58 PM   #1032
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by borat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite_9 View Post
Yeah, it can run pretty badly in some sections with all the details cranked (*cough* Surface Tension *cough*). Don't know if it runs any better when you start dialing stuff back because I honestly never tried... just feels wrong having to actually tweak the settings in a Source game after all these years.
Really? Even on a 1080? I've not seen that at all.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2017, 03:46 PM   #1033
deadite_9
random and/or senseless

deadite_9 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydeadite_9 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Really? Even on a 1080? I've not seen that at all.
Yup. Started the playthrough on my previous box (4790K), and finished up on the new one. Same 1080. I literally turned everything to max, though-- even the dynamic lighting stuff in the separate menu that they don't really recommend messing with, cause I figured why not? I was also playing on the big screen, though, so I wasn't exactly taxing the 1080.

:: HDTV
Samsung Q8FN (4K QLED, 65") :: A/V Onkyo TX-RZ830 ::
:: UHD
Sony UBP-X700 :: BD Oppo BDP-83 :: CD Onkyo DX-C390 ::
:: PHONO
Technics SL-1200MK2 :: GAME Xbox One X + PS4 Pro ::
:: FRONT
JBL SCS300SAT + FS1000 :: SW HSU Research STF-2 ::
:: CENTER
JBL EC35 (Black Ash) :: LFE HSU Research VTF-2 MK5 ::
:: SURROUND L/R
JBL SCS300SAT :: SW HSU Research STF-2 ::
:: SURR BACK L/R
JBL SCS300SAT :: SW HSU Research STF-1 ::

:: CPU
Core i7 7820X (4.5GHz) :: MB ASUS ROG Strix X299-E Gaming ::
:: BIOS
1704 :: AIO Corsair H115i PRO + (2x) Noctua NF-A14 chromax ::
:: DDR4
32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3000MHz (15-17-17-35) ::
:: GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 Founders Edition :: LCD Acer Predator XB241H ::
:: AUDIO
ROG SupremeFX (S1220A) :: SPEAKERS Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 ::
:: OS
Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903) :: NVME Samsung 960 PRO M.2 (512GB) ::
:: SSD
(1x) Samsung 850 PRO (512GB) + (3x) 850 EVO (1TB/1TB/1TB) ::
:: INPUT
Logitech G413 Silver + G MX518 + Xbox One Controller (wireless) ::
:: PSU
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 + CableMod Pro series (black/white) ::
:: CASE
Corsair Carbide Air 540 (silver, DEMCiflex intake filters) ::
:: FANS
(2x) Noctua NF-P14s redux + (1x) NF-P14r redux ::
deadite_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2017, 07:11 PM   #1034
JohnnyFlash
Radeon R520

JohnnyFlash is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite_9 View Post
Yup. Started the playthrough on my previous box (4790K), and finished up on the new one. Same 1080. I literally turned everything to max, though-- even the dynamic lighting stuff in the separate menu that they don't really recommend messing with, cause I figured why not? I was also playing on the big screen, though, so I wasn't exactly taxing the 1080.
Weird, I had no issues.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 07:33 PM   #1035
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

If anyone still cares about this, Xen levels are out for Black Mesa but in beta status. Meaning its out but still not done yet. Better than nothing, not sure if it eclipsed DNF in terms of release.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 07:51 PM   #1036
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
If anyone still cares about this, Xen levels are out for Black Mesa but in beta status. Meaning its out but still not done yet. Better than nothing, not sure if it eclipsed DNF in terms of release.
Damn, how many years has it taken?

Also, in a way it's ironic that this mod was made to update HL to newer graphics, but by the time it's actually finished it will likewise be dated.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:19 PM   #1037
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'll wait until it's all done. Enjoyed the free mod and don't really want to beta test levels.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:55 AM   #1038
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Still pretty amazing for a community project.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2019, 02:42 PM   #1039
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Still pretty amazing for a community project.
That and while it may look "outdated" compared to today's games, it looks a hell of a lot better than the original .

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2019, 07:01 PM   #1040
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
That and while it may look "outdated" compared to today's games, it looks a hell of a lot better than the original .
This team should go ahead and get started on their next project: Half-Life 3.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro