Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:11 AM   #961
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That bullcrap. 30 fps on consoles is crap for an fps game. That's how I feel about it irrespective of what you gays say.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:55 AM   #962
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
Having high frame rates in older games for me at least was all about the game rendering an enemies movements quicker down to every pixel, in a fast paced online game it means the difference between seeing a tiny bit of a persons body before they come around a corner vs a good chunk of them. You may say a human eye can't see the change but a lot of high fps gamers will beg to differ.

Playing on a console and sitting further from a large screen it's not likely you will ever notice pixel changes in rendering due to fps plus console controls are not made for lightning fast responses hell games these days don't require it what with distance and the fact one shot most likely wont kill.

I don't really know about fps causing lag with input but is it not better then to lock BF3 at 30 fps so then everyone you and your enemy will have the same response time vs your fps droping due to say a house falling down behind your enemy but he has clear skies and high fps to target you.
Having the fps standardized for all players is definitely a goode thing. As for what i was talking about earlier, you upload information depicted by frames in most games, so if a bullet hits an opponent during a frame sometimes it wont register to the server because your fps is higher than the speed of the network traffic, so the hit doesn't register, even if on your screen it was clearly a hit.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 04:34 PM   #963
Emilee
Next to her

Emilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEmilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEmilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawdler View Post
Duh, BF3 isnt exactly based on BF2. There's really no denying that BF3 is just an improved BC2. Thus it could be considered rushed - there's only 1.5 years difference (roughly). Codename Eagle -> BF1942 -> BF2 -> Bad Company, all had 3 years between them. Then come Bad Company 2 2 years later... And BF3 1.5 years later. See the trend? If you look around, games generally take 3 or so years to make. Except the crap that's just the same every year.

But then again BF2142 was released like a year after BF2, so rushing things is not all bad. And of course, BF3 could be delayed a year
You dont know when Bf3 was started though. And BF3 has much more in common with BF2, than BC2 which you claim its just an improved version of. Your opinion doesnt make it a fact. If if you say "really no denying"...

The look of it doesnt seem rushed. He claimed it would be a gamble to pay $60 on this rushed game. Which is where I took issue. I think he is in the minority calling it a gamble.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 21, 2011, 04:35 PM   #964
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilee View Post
The look of it doesnt seem rushed. He claimed it would be a gamble to pay $60 on this rushed game. Which is where I took issue. I think he is in the minority calling it a gamble.
Seconded.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 04:37 PM   #965
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Game can be pre-ordered on cdkeyshere.com for 27$.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:09 PM   #966
Auric
Bananad

Auric is still being judged by the masses

He was referring to AAA multiplayer titles in general and the archaic sales model adequately serving the interests of neither the customer nor the companies.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 06:16 PM   #967
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I didn't look thru the entire thread, but have system requirements been issued yet?

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 07:14 PM   #968
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssCop View Post
That bullcrap. 30 fps on consoles is crap for an fps game. That's how I feel about it irrespective of what you gays say.
did you play Killzone 3 or Crysis 2 on the consoles? did you think they were crap?

Killzone 3 is capped at 30fps... and mostly stays at 30fps. it is incredibly smooth but sometimes when there is so much going on during the online multiplayer it goes below 30fps for awhile.
I played it for more than 20 hours at least, at 30 fps it is incredibly fluid.
when it goes below 30fps for few miliseconds in the online multiplayer then I can tell that it is not fluid.

Crysis 2 is mostly around 25-30fps on the consoles.

should I continue with what other FPS games are capped at 30fps on the consoles?

Insomniac was one of the very few developers on the consoles that had 60fps on all of their games.
and last year or so they said 60 fps no more!

as long as the fps stay consistent around 30fps, you just won't feel the difference on the console games. that's why the console developers don't care about 60 fps.

on the pc, you will feel the lag and stutter because you use mouse as the controller but the gamepad is much slower compared to mouse. that's why gamepad remains more responsive at 30fps compared to mouse.

also you are right in front of the screen while playing pc games, so it is much easier to tell these kinda things.
many console gamers don't even care about things like AA or AF since they are father away from the TV it gets difficult to see jaggies and so on.

don't listen to us but know that more than 90% of the FPS on the consoles will continue to be capped at 30fps.
and if you don't like 30fps then GET THE PC VERSION and STOP BITCHING about the Console version.

also you should be *kicked in the nuts* just for posting the fps for the console version in the PC thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC

Last edited by nomore : Jun 21, 2011 at 07:43 PM.
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 07:33 PM   #969
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

Uhh...actually there is lagging in some map and could be vary in the area in Crysis 2 on the consoles. I wouldn't call it constant smoothly.

AMD Phenom II X2 555 @ stock clock
Xigamtek Knight cooler
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333 (4x4GB)
Intel 530 240GB SSD
XFX ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
Antec Truepower 750W
NZXT Source 210
Windows 7 x64

AMD FX-8350 @ stock clock
Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD5 R5
G.Skill Sniper 16GB (8x2) DDR3 1866
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro 7 rev. 2
Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB Ghz Edition
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD
EVGA SuperNova 650W
NZXT Source 210 w/ two Noctua F-12 fans
Ubuntu MATE 64-bit
Intel i5 3570K @ stock clock | G.Skill 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3 1866 | Silicon Power 60GB SSD | Win 10 Pro x64 | NZXT Source 210
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 07:34 PM   #970
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeckcold57 View Post
Uhh...actually there is lagging in some map and could be vary in the area in Crysis 2 on the consoles. I wouldn't call it constant smoothly.
thats because Crysis 2 stays around 25-30fps like I said.
it is not constant 30 fps.

Modern Warfare 3 also won't be a constant 60fps, and it will take huge hits like the previous cod games and KAC will probably complain about that in few months. just wait for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 09:11 PM   #971
Emilee
Next to her

Emilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEmilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyEmilee can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auric View Post
He was referring to AAA multiplayer titles in general and the archaic sales model adequately serving the interests of neither the customer nor the companies.
Oh, now you're speaking for him, nice.

What thread are we posting in? Oops! Move along now.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 09:31 PM   #972
KingRoLo
Riddin Spinnaz

KingRoLo is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
I didn't look thru the entire thread, but have system requirements been issued yet?
95% of this thread is boring bullcrap posted old mothers with their handbags, the remaining 5% are videos and screenshots, you just have to search for them.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 09:34 PM   #973
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
no.

it will be slightly higher than BC2 i think..
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2011, 04:39 AM   #974
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
no.

it will be slightly higher than BC2 i think..
Gonna be a little more than slightly.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2011, 04:48 AM   #975
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

maximally slightly?
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2011, 05:38 AM   #976
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

There are estimates though
http://bf3blog.com/battlefield-3-system-requirements/

Quote:
While the Frostbite 2.0 engine has a lot of new features compared to 1.5, it is also more optimized as well, which will most likely result in similar performance and Battlefield 3 system requirements for the PC. Since Battlefield 3 won’t be supporting DirecX 9, it won’t run on Windows XP.
Quote:
Minimum requirements for Battlefield 3

Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
RAM: 2GB
Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card.
Graphics card memory: 512 MB
Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
Quote:
Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3

Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
RAM: 4GB
Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon Radeon HD 6850
Graphics card memory: 1 GB
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:09 AM   #977
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
did you play Killzone 3 or Crysis 2 on the consoles? did you think they were crap?

Killzone 3 is capped at 30fps... and mostly stays at 30fps. it is incredibly smooth but sometimes when there is so much going on during the online multiplayer it goes below 30fps for awhile.
I played it for more than 20 hours at least, at 30 fps it is incredibly fluid.
when it goes below 30fps for few miliseconds in the online multiplayer then I can tell that it is not fluid.

Crysis 2 is mostly around 25-30fps on the consoles.

should I continue with what other FPS games are capped at 30fps on the consoles?

Insomniac was one of the very few developers on the consoles that had 60fps on all of their games.
and last year or so they said 60 fps no more!

as long as the fps stay consistent around 30fps, you just won't feel the difference on the console games. that's why the console developers don't care about 60 fps.

on the pc, you will feel the lag and stutter because you use mouse as the controller but the gamepad is much slower compared to mouse. that's why gamepad remains more responsive at 30fps compared to mouse.

also you are right in front of the screen while playing pc games, so it is much easier to tell these kinda things.
many console gamers don't even care about things like AA or AF since they are father away from the TV it gets difficult to see jaggies and so on.

don't listen to us but know that more than 90% of the FPS on the consoles will continue to be capped at 30fps.
and if you don't like 30fps then GET THE PC VERSION and STOP BITCHING about the Console version.

also you should be *kicked in the nuts* just for posting the fps for the console version in the PC thread.
I have played and finished Killzone 3 on the console. I did feel very frequent fps drops in SP. It also felt a bit more sluggish (which I attributed to better graphics without knowing it was capped at 30 fps). Needless to say I couldn't play it for longer periods of time because it gave me headaches.

Either way, KZ3 is perfect example of why you should not cap fps at 30. I have not played Crysis 2 SP but played the Crysis 2 MP on X360. It was also extremely annoying to the point, I played a couple of rounds and never looked back.

30 fps and console sucks quite a lot of ass in FPS games.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:36 AM   #978
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
why more for the disc version?

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:44 AM   #979
JohnEJohn
Diplomatic Impunity

Location: Manches All hail king Dave, ruler of all Manchesville
JohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestJohnEJohn considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Compression?
JohnEJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:48 AM   #980
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEJohn View Post
Compression?
its more compressed when you install it digital than from the disc? what?
Its the install size

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2011, 06:59 AM   #981
jolle
Hipster Dufus

jolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjolle can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Might just have got it backwards.
They also refer to the game as "Battlefiled 3" at some point on that page.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 07:40 AM   #982
Nerdd
Radeon R700

Nerdd is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Localization files?
Nerdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2011, 07:40 AM   #983
KAC
That postcount though...

5 GB is the disc related DRM. You nubs.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:41 AM   #984
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:25 PM   #985
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
its a 1080p 3D video of 'Don't Copy That Floppy!' everytime you load up. unskippable!
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2011, 09:31 AM   #986
john2
Radeon Southern Islands

john2 is still being judged by the masses

john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2011, 09:45 AM   #987
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Open to Medal of Honor LE key holders? They should be opening this up to Battlefield owners.
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2011, 05:57 PM   #988
john2
Radeon Southern Islands

john2 is still being judged by the masses

I'd buy that Pack

john2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2011, 06:00 PM   #989
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

lol thats great
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2011, 07:01 PM   #990
Redshirt_X
Radeon Arctic Islands

Redshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRedshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRedshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'd preorder that **** right friggin' now.

1. "OMG IT'S COMING!!!"
2. "OMG IT'S HERE!!!!!"
3. "....wait a minute. This isn't the Second Coming! This sucks!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
I like them tall and petite.
Redshirt_X is offline   Reply With Quote