Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 2, 2011, 01:14 PM   #391
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidosmosis View Post
I know one thing. Those of us with BF2 [Rage3D] tags should come out of the woodwork and start some **** in BF3 when it comes out.

I still use my [Rage3D] tag.
Well theres quite a few of us playing on BFBC2 and BC2-Vietnam who im sure will get this at some point.

Last edited by **G.I.BRO** : Mar 2, 2011 at 01:19 PM.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 01:15 PM   #392
Redshirt_X
Radeon Arctic Islands

Redshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRedshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRedshirt_X can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Well, that first Fault Line short was a huge bump up from the debut trailer. I'm feeling much better about this, though I'm not quite at the "OMG IT'S COMING!!!1!" stage of fandom yet.

1. "OMG IT'S COMING!!!"
2. "OMG IT'S HERE!!!!!"
3. "....wait a minute. This isn't the Second Coming! This sucks!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb2k5 View Post
I like them tall and petite.
Redshirt_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 01:36 PM   #393
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork64 View Post

HUD : Press S on AWSD button.

MASTER RACE RELIEF???!!?!?!?!
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 2, 2011, 01:38 PM   #394
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonZ View Post

Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 02:19 PM   #395
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

The lighting, textures, animations, and sounds are incredible, but I'm so, so tired of the same single-player scripted Call of Duty crap and that's exactly what we're seeing here. I sure hope the multiplayer component looks this good!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 02:43 PM   #396
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

Multiplayer aspect of the game is what Battlefield is all about, it has always been this way, Single player campaign is just a bonus, I wouldn't mind if BF3 was multiplayer only without any single player campaign at all.
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 03:03 PM   #397
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
Multiplayer aspect of the game is what Battlefield is all about, it has always been this way, Single player campaign is just a bonus, I wouldn't mind if BF3 was multiplayer only without any single player campaign at all.

I agree, I'd rather they scrapped SP and instead spent that effort making more content and maps for MP.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 03:31 PM   #398
Douglaster
X360 - PC

Douglaster is still being judged by the masses

Talking

Quote:

Fap,fap,fap !

I can't believe it ! FINALLY !
Douglaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 03:41 PM   #399
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:

I canceled my preorder, true pc games does not have quick time events, bf3 suffers from consolitis.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 03:56 PM   #400
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
I agree, I'd rather they scrapped SP and instead spent that effort making more content and maps for MP.
No, keep the SP in. You know they will have plenty of DLC MP.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 04:04 PM   #401
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I feel the same way. This newfound emphasis on single-player is not only baffling to me - it's incredibly worrying. I get the feeling I'm watching trailers for a new Medal of Honor game, and not Battlefield. Lame-O.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 04:05 PM   #402
hordaktheman
Hans... boobie...

hordaktheman is still being judged by the masses

Looks great but I'd be cautious about screenshots that don't have any aliasing whatsoever. That tells me something is afoot because the game will flat out not look like that.

It will still be bought on sight.
hordaktheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 05:03 PM   #403
Auric
Bananad

Auric is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
I feel the same way. This newfound emphasis on single-player is not only baffling to me - it's incredibly worrying. I get the feeling I'm watching trailers for a new Medal of Honor game, and not Battlefield. Lame-O.
Emphasis? Prolly just casting a wider net, as 'twere, on account of the gajillions invested. Maybe it's even a secondary team responsible and thus not sapping resources.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 05:13 PM   #404
Chubz
Doomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auric View Post
Emphasis? Prolly just casting a wider net, as 'twere, on account of the gajillions invested. Maybe it's even a secondary team responsible and thus not sapping resources.
I hope so
Old Mar 2, 2011, 05:36 PM   #405
Rifle_shot
Radeon R600

Rifle_shot is still being judged by the masses

I'm sure MP will be fine, this is DICE, bad company 2 had a singleplayer and still retained a very good multiplayer. More importantly the WASD on the screen shows that primary development is BEING DONE ON PC'S FIRST, meaning the finished product should be very well-optimized.

And most important, these people already know how to make good multiplayer. They don't need whole teams to develop a new style, they will most likely stick with the bc2 setup, but include larger maps w/ the jets and 64 players (which they guaranteed).
Dual 1gb ATI HD 4850's CrossfireX
Realtek HD Audio
17 in 1920x1200 screen
500 gb + 320 gb SATA hard drives
Vista Ultimate x64 + Windows 7 upgrade

Desktop System :
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.7 ghz
2.0 GB G.skill DDR 400 memory
Evga 9800 GT 512mb
Creative Sound Blaster Live
22" Insignia HDTV/LCD @ 1680x1050
160 gb Western Digital SATA hard drive
Windows XP MCE 2005

007 Nightfire
007 Quantum of Solace
007 Bloodstone
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield 2 + SF
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Bioshock
Bioshock II
Call of Duty 2
Call of Duty 4: MW
Call of Duty 5: WaW
Call of Duty 6: MW2
Call of Duty 7: BO
Call of Juarez
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Dead Rising II
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Fallout: 3
Fallout: NV
Far Cry
Far Cry II
F.E.A.R.
F.E.A.R. II
Gears of War
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter II
Grand Theft Auto IV
GRID
Half-Life
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Half-Life: Opposing Force
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Ep1
Half-Life 2: Ep2
Halo
Halo 2
HAWX
Hitman: Blood Money
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead II
Madden 2008
Mass Effect
Mass Effect II
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Medal of Honor 2010
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Need for Speed: Shift
Need for Speed: Undercover
Need for Speed: Underground
Need for Speed: Underground II
Portal
Prototype
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Rainbow Six: Vegas II
Resident Evil 5
RollerCoaster Tycoon
RollerCoaster Tycoon II
Sims 2
Sims 3
Splinter-Cell
Splinter-Cell: Double Agent
Splinter-Cell: Conviction
Spider-man 3
Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions
Spider-man: Web of Shadows
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk''s American Wasteland
Wolfenstein
Worms: Reloaded
Rifle_shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 05:56 PM   #406
Final8ty
Radeon R700

Final8ty is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by hordaktheman View Post
Looks great but I'd be cautious about screenshots that don't have any aliasing whatsoever. That tells me something is afoot because the game will flat out not look like that.

It will still be bought on sight.
http://anteru.net/projects/research/...-antialiasing/
Final8ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 06:16 PM   #407
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Some may not care as much about a single-player experience given Battlefield's multiplayer-only roots. DICE has already said that there will be jets, the ability to go prone, support for up to 64 players specifically for the PC version (24 on consoles), as well as a tweaked unlock progression so you can customize your class in a bunch of ways. It doesn't sound like the Commander mode from Battlefield 2 will return in the same form, which hardcore PC players may be a little ticked off to hear. "This is not Battlefield 2, so people might not love all the choices that we've done," said Bach. "The world has moved on, so has DICE. We are changing stuff for the better, but you never know what the fans will say."

for more:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1152917p1.html
Quote:
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 06:42 PM   #408
hordaktheman
Hans... boobie...

hordaktheman is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Final8ty View Post
Didn't know about that but it sounds promising.

Given that, I'm still very skeptical that it has any bearing on those screenshots because it would be the most groundbreaking new thing in realtime graphics since 3dfx. It's still a post-process and, while MLAA is a nice enough new feature, it's not even remotely similar to what we see in those screenshots.
hordaktheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 07:20 PM   #409
Douglaster
X360 - PC

Douglaster is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by hordaktheman View Post
Didn't know about that but it sounds promising.

Given that, I'm still very skeptical that it has any bearing on those screenshots because it would be the most groundbreaking new thing in realtime graphics since 3dfx. It's still a post-process and, while MLAA is a nice enough new feature, it's not even remotely similar to what we see in those screenshots.
Yes, indeed unbelievable ! But i can't wait to find out if it's true
Douglaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2011, 08:32 PM   #410
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

ViCyniC is still being judged by the masses

The SP footage looked amazing.

I don't play MP anymore...Dabbled in Counterstrike and some 1942 but not much, so yah.
ViCyniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2011, 10:58 AM   #411
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/Default.aspx##

The gameplay videos are amazing. Def be great to tie this one in with the 7000 gen radeons (hint hint amd). I just want at least a few large maps this time.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 19.9.3, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F40 bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 19.9.3. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Intel 600p NVME 512GB. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2011, 05:44 PM   #412
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

acidosmosis is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
Well theres quite a few of us playing on BFBC2 and BC2-Vietnam who im sure will get this at some point.
Yea, not going to touch that. It's way too much of a COD copy and COD is epic crap. I'll see you guys when BF3 releases.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 06:09 PM   #413
Argoon1981
Radeon Northern Islands

Argoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete strangerArgoon1981 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore View Post
I think that was the Terminator 5 teaser trailer.
My thoughts exactly but it sure looked impressive.
Creative SB Audigy 4
W10 64bits

My modeling portfolio
Argoon1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2011, 07:24 PM   #414
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidosmosis View Post
Yea, not going to touch that. It's way too much of a COD copy and COD is epic crap. I'll see you guys when BF3 releases.
At least iN BC2, when some mofo sniper is held up in a building, I have the option of taking down the entire Fing building he's in if I can't pop the little bastard normally

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2011, 07:43 PM   #415
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argoon1981 View Post
My thoughts exactly but it sure looked impressive.
they really need to change the music though, I can't stop thinking about Terminator because of every teaser or trailer and this ain't terminator game nor the movie.
Quote:
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2011, 09:26 PM   #416
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

If they screw up BF3 with a bunch of nonsense COD copycat BS I'm going to personally go off on Dice and punch them in the ****ing face.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 10:31 PM   #417
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Single player videos look great, I think I could have fun with that. I just hope they don't screw over the multiplayer in the process. The Battlefield series is the ONLY multiplayer game I've really played besides CnC3 in years.

Also, I can't help constantly be reminded of Ghost Recon when watching the SP videos.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 12:48 AM   #418
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Single player videos look great, I think I could have fun with that. I just hope they don't screw over the multiplayer in the process. The Battlefield series is the ONLY multiplayer game I've really played besides CnC3 in years.

Also, I can't help constantly be reminded of Ghost Recon when watching the SP videos.
It's the only FPS I play in MP really. Because it's good. Especially 1942. And BF2 with the exception of radar and commander etc. I play a lot of online/MP games but not much FPS besides BF 1942/2.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 08:24 AM   #419
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Do you still play 1942 Acid? I still have that and dc installed and hop in and rape from time to time. I don't share the hatred that you have for bfbc2 though, I think it's a pretty fun game in it's own right and nothing like cod.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:41 AM   #420
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Scart is offline   Reply With Quote