Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 23, 2011, 04:32 PM   #301
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
taz291819
Radeon Northern Islands

taz291819 is still being judged by the masses

Wow, I'm really looking forward to this one. Loved BF2.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 06:03 PM   #302
nomore
Radeon Arctic Islands

nomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channelnomore once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
I think that was the Terminator 5 teaser trailer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC
nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 06:08 PM   #303
AllexxisF1
I'm Back.

AllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersAllexxisF1 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Holy hell was the footage amazing.

PC gaming is going to head into the stratosphere with this title.
AllexxisF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 23, 2011, 09:10 PM   #304
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

acidosmosis is still being judged by the masses

Edited.

What I WANT out of Battlefield 3:

- NO commander feature. This is NOT realistic. Nor does it exist in reality. Anyone with a brain knows this. Nor WILL it exist in reality for decades. A UAV is acceptable, but not the way that games use them. Artillery is acceptable, but not the way that games use it. Commander HURT BF2 and the greatness it could have become. It's FINE with me to have a Commander in the game, but not in any shape or form similar to what was in BF2.
- NOT like COD or BF titles released after BF2
- PC version is NOT "consolized" in ANY shape or form.
- We can still enter/exit vehicles at will.
- Falling to a prone position is NOT an advantage, but a disadvantage (cause the damn screen to shake and accuracy to fall off DRASTICALLY). At least for several seconds. This will stop using this in an incredibly troll-istic manner.
- Bunny hopping is stopped.
- Punkbuster is either IMPROVED or NOT USED. It kicks 90% more legit players than those that are cheaters/exploiters. This is just a FACT. I have thousands of hours in 1942, BF2, Vietnam etc and have almost NEVER seen it kick a cheater, but have been kicked by it many times and seen other legit players kicked by it many times. Also, FRAPS is not a cheat. Stop kicking me for having it installed. And I'm incredibly sick of PBs various issues.
- ABSOLUTELY no ability to spam report people and have it shown on the radar.
- Absolutely no ability to show 'red dots' on the radar. This crap is just uncalled for, stupid and pathetic. Players should have to use their eyes, peripheral and just SPATIAL AWARENESS of the Battlefield to know what is going on. Along with communication from other teammates.
- None of the ridiculous "Kill x players in a row and get a special ability" crap like in COD.
- Improved hit box. Head shot from any weapon = DEAD. 2 hits from ANY weapon = DEAD. 1 leg shot = SEVERE DISABILITY. Etc.
- Stop treating the BF franchise like an arcade title. I won't buy that crap. Do you honestly think I want to play a game with a bunch of COD kiddies? There's no fun there.

Do all that, then I'll buy it and any expansions.

Last edited by acidosmosis : Feb 23, 2011 at 09:24 PM.
acidosmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 09:58 PM   #305
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidosmosis View Post
- Falling to a prone position is NOT an advantage, but a disadvantage (cause the damn screen to shake and accuracy to fall off DRASTICALLY). At least for several seconds. This will stop using this in an incredibly troll-istic manner.
Agreed, no prone makes for good gameplay in a lot of games imo but prone done properly could be even better. CoD "go prone" syndrome is teh ghey for gameplay and is what I would like to avoid.

Quote:

- Improved hit box. Head shot from any weapon = DEAD. 2 hits from ANY weapon = DEAD. 1 leg shot = SEVERE DISABILITY. Etc.
Disagree on these.

If you are referring to the spotting feature in BC2, I like it. Due to the size and dynamically changing maps its the perfect communication button, instead of having to yell over 15 ppl to give an enemies position "behind the tree on the left" and so on, you hit the spot button and your team gets the information nice and easy. What they could do perhaps is not have the spot button track the enemy player and after you spot an enemy the red indicator stays stationary in the position you spotted the enemy, still giving your team mates a general idea where the enemy was.

I think the BC2 damages are fine, killing too easily does not make for good gameplay imo and weapons can be exploited easier.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:06 PM   #306
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Spoting has been around since 1942. The only issue I have with it, is that it tracks the player for WAY to long.

And I agree that headshots, regardless of weapon, should = dead.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:12 PM   #307
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Spoting has been around since 1942. The only issue I have with it, is that it tracks the player. The only time it should follow, and only for a short time, is aircraft.

And I agree that headshot, reguardless of weapon should = dead.
Yer spotting should not track the player.

As for headshots I think it should depend on the weapon, if you tagged someone in the head from a 9mm pistol at mid range that should not be a kill, in closer range with an ak-47 then yer sure. 2 tags to the body is far too little though, where's the skill?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:25 PM   #308
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
Yer spotting should not track the player.

As for headshots I think it should depend on the weapon, if you tagged someone in the head from a 9mm pistol at mid range that should not be a kill, in closer range with an ak-47 then yer sure. 2 tags to the body is far too little though, where's the skill?
And how exactly does a 9mm at any range (if it's a hit to the head) not mean a kill? Show me one person that has simply shrugged that off and continued on with no effect whatsoever to their ability to wage war? Unless you mean the bullet glancing off a helmet. Then at mid range I can somewhat deal with that, as long as it's a "chance" rather than an always.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:34 PM   #309
demo
space cadet

Quote:
And how exactly does a 9mm at any range (if it's a hit to the head) not mean a kill? Show me one person that has simply shrugged that off and continued on with no effect whatsoever to their ability to wage war? Unless you mean the bullet glancing off a helmet. Then at mid range I can somewhat deal with that, as long as it's a "chance" rather than an always.
Well, I think everyone sniping with 9mm pistols and smg's because they kill with a single tag at anything but close range is bad for gameplay.. It's like people using uzi's with giant scopes in BC2 HC LoL.. Plenty of people have survived real life head shots from a single round aswell, especially when using head gear.

And yes there should be a chance of it glancing off the helmet if it isnt a direct hit to the face, and perhaps even hitting the helmet should reduce damage making 2 tags necessary, the first tag could still do 95% damage etc so if the enemy is even slightly hurt (which is often in BF games in the action) then a single tag will still drop them.

Killing too easily takes the skill out of the game and makes for boring fire fights. There is no exchange to see who has the better aim and the game becomes more random.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:42 PM   #310
xNaquada
/u/xnaquada

xNaquada is still being judged by the masses

Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
xNaquada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:58 PM   #311
Sobek
Radeon R700

Sobek is still being judged by the masses

What I want;

ENEMY WHEELBARROW SPOTTED!

What I don't want;

Punkbuster.

I am a simple man to please.

*edit* Oh and how about a NORMAL trailer. Enough with this digital new age Terminator-style 'supr-srs-bzns' crap!
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:03 PM   #312
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobek View Post
What I want;

ENEMY WHEELBARROW SPOTTED!

What I don't want;

Punkbuster.

I am a simple man to please.

*edit* Oh and how about a NORMAL trailer. Enough with this digital new age Terminator-style 'supr-srs-bzns' crap!
Yea, PB is an absolute pile of ****.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:06 PM   #313
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Edited.

What I WANT out of Battlefield 3:

- NO commander feature. This is NOT realistic. Nor does it exist in reality. Anyone with a brain knows this. Nor WILL it exist in reality for decades. A UAV is acceptable, but not the way that games use them. Artillery is acceptable, but not the way that games use it. Commander HURT BF2 and the greatness it could have become. It's FINE with me to have a Commander in the game, but not in any shape or form similar to what was in BF2.
- NOT like COD or BF titles released after BF2
- PC version is NOT "consolized" in ANY shape or form.
- We can still enter/exit vehicles at will.
- Punkbuster is either IMPROVED or NOT USED. It kicks 90% more legit players than those that are cheaters/exploiters. This is just a FACT. I have thousands of hours in 1942, BF2, Vietnam etc and have almost NEVER seen it kick a cheater, but have been kicked by it many times and seen other legit players kicked by it many times. Also, FRAPS is not a cheat. Stop kicking me for having it installed. And I'm incredibly sick of PBs various issues.
- Absolutely no ability to show 'red dots' on the radar. This crap is just uncalled for, stupid and pathetic. Players should have to use their eyes, peripheral and just SPATIAL AWARENESS of the Battlefield to know what is going on. Along with communication from other teammates.
- None of the ridiculous "Kill x players in a row and get a special ability" crap like in COD.
- Stop treating the BF franchise like an arcade title. I won't buy that crap. Do you honestly think I want to play a game with a bunch of COD kiddies? There's no fun there.

Do all that, then I'll buy it and any expansions.
why don't u play ARMA or Red Orchestra? you're wasting your time posting that.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:11 AM   #314
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleonic View Post
why don't u play ARMA or Red Orchestra? you're wasting your time posting that.

Actually, I'm not. Most BF players will agree with most of what I said on some level or another. Minus the COD kiddies that enjoy the aspects of the BF franchise that are less desirable.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:31 AM   #315
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

Actually, I'm not. Most BF players will agree with most of what I said on some level or another. Minus the COD kiddies that enjoy the aspects of the BF franchise that are less desirable.
Actually, you are. While the BF series is more realistic compared to CoD, it was never THAT realistic and it should stay that way.
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 01:27 AM   #316
demo
space cadet

Quote:

You're the one that wants to make it CoD style with overpowered weapons and removal of spotting.. Sounds like you want Battlefield:MoH lol

But I actually agree with most of your other points.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 01:49 AM   #317
Dr Gonzo
The Evil Creampuff

Dr Gonzo is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
If it actually looks like that on release I will willingly feast on my own scrotum.
Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 02:06 AM   #318
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
If it actually looks like that on release I will willingly feast on my own scrotum.
I saw in another vid saying that nothing was pre-rendered and it showed the devs confirm this on twitter.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 02:49 AM   #319
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

It's hard to get pumped up about a gameplay teaser for Battlefield 3 that appears to show only scripted single-player footage.

I'd love to see footage of large maps with 50-60+ players and chaos everywhere!
Old Feb 24, 2011, 02:59 AM   #320
Jaws of Life
Radeon Evergreen

Jaws of Life is still being judged by the masses

If that trailer is showing real in-game footage then I am impressed. Probably won't run smooth on my PC though.
Mobo: Asus P8Z68-M Pro| CPU: Intel i5-2500 @ 3.3ghz : 8gb DDR3 Kingston RAM| VGA: Nvidia Gigabyte 896mb GTX260 | HDD: 2x640gb WE SATAII | Case: Thermaltake ARMOR | PSU: Coolmaster Silent Pro M700 | Sound: SB X-FI Xtreme | OS: Vista x64 SP2 Home Premium | Monitor: Black Widscreen LG 24" LCD
Jaws of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 04:34 AM   #321
icecold1983
Radeon Arctic Islands

icecold1983 is still being judged by the masses

wow, looks like crysis 2 should look. finally something that bests the likes of kz and uncharted

http://gawker.com/5002269/the-cruise...ed-to-suppress

AHAHAHAH WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT??????????
icecold1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 04:43 AM   #322
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
.....................:|
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 07:25 AM   #323
Douglaster
X360 - PC

Douglaster is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNaquada View Post
Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
Enemy boat spotted!
And all this on the mainland !

BARRARAQUEMUQUERARÁ
BARRARAQUEMUQUERARÁ
BARRARAQUEMUQUERARÁ
BARRARAQUEMUQUERARÁ
BARRARAQUEMUQUERARÁ
BARRARAQUEMUQUERARÁ
BARRARAQUEMUQUERARÁ
BARRARAQUEMUQUERARÁ

To the INFINITY !!
Douglaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 09:11 AM   #324
SOCOM Ops
Radeon R520

SOCOM Ops is still being judged by the masses

Hehehe. Never was a Battlefield fan as I wasnt all that impressed with BF2. However I am more than willing to give BF3 a chance, also prepare for a massive influx of moving targets from other games.

Trust me on this one... get this game early, even if it means you will have to suffer the usual DICE derived glitches and hiccups.

REST IN PEACE VENGEANCE 1965-2008
SOCOM Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:19 AM   #325
Gerard
Rage3D Veteran

Gerard is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold1983 View Post
finally something that bests the likes of kz and uncharted
Still smoking that crack pipe regularly...
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:24 AM   #326
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
It's hard to get pumped up about a gameplay teaser for Battlefield 3 that appears to show only scripted single-player footage.

I'd love to see footage of large maps with 50-60+ players and chaos everywhere!
I personally prefer not to play on a map with that many players. There is absolutely no ability to use strategy with that many players. Or to be stealthy as a sniper. Or anything fun. Instead it's just utter chaos the likes of Quake - spawn, do your best to get off a shot on someone before you die 15 seconds later.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 01:04 PM   #327
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
wow, looks like crysis 2 should look. finally something that bests the likes of kz and uncharted
, I'm shocked!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 01:18 PM   #328
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

Another thing is I have become SICK AND TIRED of getting off 5 rounds on another player before he even spots me only to have him spin around and kill me in 1-2 shots. That crap has got to be stopped.

We should also be able to lay down suppressing fire as support. What I mean by this is that we have massive clips for a reason. Those weapons exist for that reason. Laying down fire on a position should be a threat, not a open window to easily pop out and one shot the guy with the PKM.

Last edited by acidosmosis : Feb 24, 2011 at 01:21 PM.
acidosmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 01:21 PM   #329
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Another thing is I have become SICK AND TIRED of getting off 5 rounds on another player before he even spots me only to have him spin around and kill me in 1-2 shots. That crap has got to be stopped.
Happens all the time to me.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2011, 01:22 PM   #330
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
You sneaky S.O.B., always finding a way to tie Crysis 2 into a thread, which then is said to be beaten by PS3 games. Sneaky, sneaky, sneaky!