Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Tweaking, Modding, and Overclocking
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Tweaking, Modding, and Overclocking Discuss Radeon tweaking, modding, and overclocking practices. Want to post your benchmarks scores? This is the place!

Old Jan 11, 2006, 07:21 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
deagz

deagz is still being judged by the masses

Default No Antialiasing in BF2.

I have a Sapphire X800 GTO2 running cat 5.13's on windows xp. I am not running CCC but I am running ATi Tray Tools.

Whether I set AA in ATT or inside BattleField 2, antialiasing does not enable. Anisotropic Filtering seems to be enabling ok. AA in all other games such as HalfLife 2 and Quake 4 work fine.

What could be the problem?
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:07 AM   #2
Apple740
Radeon X1800XT

Apple740 is still being judged by the masses

Are you sure you tried:

ATT > AA on application controlled

BF2 in-game AA on.

This is how you should get AA for sure.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 12:17 PM   #3
Todd Lovely
Radeon R100

Todd Lovely is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by deagz
I have a Sapphire X800 GTO2 running cat 5.13's on windows xp. I am not running CCC but I am running ATi Tray Tools.

Whether I set AA in ATT or inside BattleField 2, antialiasing does not enable. Anisotropic Filtering seems to be enabling ok. AA in all other games such as HalfLife 2 and Quake 4 work fine.

Turn off AI as well and it should work. It's AI doing optimizations, as far as I remember with the demo.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 11, 2006, 12:41 PM   #4
karlotta
they are real

karlotta is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

AA will not work from the CCC/or CP or any 3rdparty. It can ONLY work from the game. The game has what i call NVDA AA , [email protected] is the same as nvda @4xAA which is = to ATI @ 2xAA, BUT its a ingame only setting. Did i confuse u all?
Old Jan 11, 2006, 06:44 PM   #5
deagz

Thanks all, I thought I had already tried in-game settings with cp at app preference. I tried again and now aa works fine.

However I do appreciate temporal aa, which works great in all my other games. I figure there is no workaround to this, is there?
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:19 AM   #6
karlotta
they are real

Quote:
Thanks all, I thought I had already tried in-game settings with cp at app preference. I tried again and now aa works fine.

However I do appreciate temporal aa, which works great in all my other games. I figure there is no workaround to this, is there?
Not if it costs EA money, or they make u buy a "boosterpack" to get the CP settings...
Old Jan 12, 2006, 08:17 PM   #7
marceli7
Radeon R100

marceli7 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
AFAIK it is necessary to restart BF2 to get new AA settings.

Old Jan 13, 2006, 11:05 AM   #8
dnottis
Rage3D Veteran

dnottis is still being judged by the masses

I have contacted ATI about this - because of the AA implementation being so poor in BF2 ATIs drivers application detect and will NOT enable from anywhere outside the game unless you rename the .exe. You SHOULD enable it in the game and use the lousy EA AA. Renaming the .exe works however should you really want to use ATIs AA.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 02:02 PM   #9
karlotta
they are real

Ok i renamed the .exe, to bf3. And used the CCC. Maxed out 6xaaa 16xAFhq ect. And it did not break the AA ingame. BUT it was nodif than the ingame settings of 6xAA and Ultra for all. The real diff was the AF, its a real nice image, the ground and foliage,flowers ect looks much better, BUT u can use AF in the CCC anyways with out a .exe rename. And the FPS hit for HQ16xAF is very small on a 1800xt. 5fps or so.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 06:05 PM   #10
deagz

Great advice, Temporal AA works fine when you rename the exe. Now running 16X AF and 2X temporal (looks as good as 4X when in motion). Only drawback is that console is blurry and barely ledgible.