Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 5, 2013, 10:00 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Default when is the next RAM iteration hitting? (e.g. DDR3->DDR4 or whatever)

I am thinking about buying more DDR3 RAM for my current PC to make running COMSOL simulations easier. I also plan to upgrade my PC in a year or two and would like to know if the RAM might carry over to the new system.

I guess the real question is whether or not the next 1 or 2 generations of Intel CPUs will still be using DDR3?