Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 2, 2019, 06:44 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I'll give it a shot it looks like it could be fun

but if we learned anything from D3 is what it is like now and what it is like at release will radically change in the first 6 months to a year of game play till almost everything is been changed
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2019, 09:06 PM   #32
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

They should just release it now, its all going to change anyways.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2019, 12:15 PM   #33
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Blizzard Explains Diablo 4’s Loot System, And It Sounds Really Good

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultas.../#1289cf28ebfe
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 3, 2019, 08:18 PM   #34
azalea
Radeon R300

azalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Woo, Software as a Disservice (SaaD) rears it's head again. I just hope it avoids becoming another <read this in Jim Sterling's voice> TrIpLe A LiiVe sErviCE </Jim>.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 11:00 PM   #35
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

thats a bad system. it should have been basic, magic, rare/set, legendary
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2019, 11:06 PM   #36
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Diablo Immortal dev explains why they skipped BlizzCon main stage

https://www.dexerto.com/gaming/diabl...e-skip-1211930

Quote:
He says he was asked this question a lot during the event, and said that the Immortal team wanted “to make sure we give Diablo 4 the space for a clear announcement.” He also said the team didn’t want to “risk any confusion regarding features, storylines, etc between D4 and Immortal.”
the fear is strong in this one
Old Nov 4, 2019, 10:04 AM   #37
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I dont think they were scared just had a careful plan to execute and Diablo Immortal wasnt part of the big stage.

We probably wont see D4 for at least another 2 years.

Im one of the people who are actually awaiting Diablo Immortal. Honestly, Id would pay 60 bucks for it and get the full experience no micro transactions ever. I know Blizz wouldnt ever do that but micro transactions would kill a diablo game. I dont think I have seen a full 60 dollar game on the app store.

D3 is pretty damn good on the switch and the prospect of being able to go through a Diablo on my phone in a completely original game is desirable.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2019, 12:00 PM   #38
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
I dont think they were scared just had a careful plan to execute and Diablo Immortal wasnt part of the big stage.

Im one of the people who are actually awaiting Diablo Immortal. Honestly, Id would pay 60 bucks for it and get the full experience no micro transactions ever. I know Blizz wouldnt ever do that but micro transactions would kill a diablo game. I dont think I have seen a full 60 dollar game on the app store.

D3 is pretty damn good on the switch and the prospect of being able to go through a Diablo on my phone in a completely original game is desirable.
was thinking about that and they said it is for sure coming out on xbox one and ps4 will they even be a thing in 2 years with the new ones hitting a year form now

as for Diablo Immortal

nope I don't game on my phone .
Old Nov 4, 2019, 02:03 PM   #39
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

It's being made by a chinese company that makes cookie cutter "games" on the app store. You'll likely be able to play the game and progress a few hours into it, then you'll hit the paywall where progress slows to a crawl and you'll have to pay if you want to proceed otherwise you'll be forced to spend hours/days/weeks of grinding in order to make any headway...like every other P2W app "game" out there.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2019, 02:19 PM   #40
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
It's being made by a chinese company that makes cookie cutter "games" on the app store. You'll likely be able to play the game and progress a few hours into it, then you'll hit the paywall where progress slows to a crawl and you'll have to pay if you want to proceed otherwise you'll be forced to spend hours/days/weeks of grinding in order to make any headway...like every other P2W app "game" out there.
Its made in conjunction with NetEase(the chinese company that has a similar diablo like game on mobile) Netease has stated that they finished their work on the game almost half a year ago. So now Blizz is in the stage of putting their twist on NetEases engine work with their polish. I believe the game will be of Blizzard quality. The only issue is going to be how Blizzard decides to monetize it. I really hope they dont go the pay for coins to play route. It just wont work or make them money. Diablo is a game that youre meant to run the same routes over and over again farming for weapons and items.

Im not sure how they can monetize Diablo Immortal and not mess up the gameplay. The only way I can see that working is they charge a full price for the game but that wont happen cause they probably want a live service type deal where they can siphon money over time from players.

Maybe they bring the auction house back

Old Nov 4, 2019, 07:40 PM   #41
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

So is this the phone crap that they were pushing or is this the PC rehash?
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2019, 09:25 PM   #42
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
So is this the phone crap that they were pushing or is this the PC rehash?
Diablo 4 is PC

Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:02 PM   #43
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Diablo is dead to me.

Especially since I found Pillars of Eternity.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2019, 04:04 AM   #44
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
First in-game 4K screenshots released for Diablo 4, showcasing its graphics and visual style
https://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot...-visual-style/
Old Nov 5, 2019, 09:03 AM   #45
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

you wanna just change this to the diablo 4 thread, instead of calling it official trailer now?
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 09:56 AM   #46
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
Looking good, although I feel like they put a nice sharpening filter on the game/screenshots. D3 wouldnt look so blurry and bad compared to this if they sharpened that game up a bit. Either way I am sure the visuals will change from now til when it gets released. Still anticipating 2 years out. If it takes them 1+ years to get Diablo Immortal out after announcement I give D4 double the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
you wanna just change this to the diablo 4 thread, instead of calling it official trailer now?
We'll get there

Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:58 AM   #47
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Looking good, although I feel like they put a nice sharpening filter on the game/screenshots. D3 wouldnt look so blurry and bad compared to this if they sharpened that game up a bit. Either way I am sure the visuals will change from now til when it gets released. Still anticipating 2 years out. If it takes them 1+ years to get Diablo Immortal out after announcement I give D4 double the time.

We'll get there
RTX or whatever it is called by then AMD should have it by then also

I wish they would release the 20 minute demo for a week or two
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:01 PM   #48
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
RTX or whatever it is called by then AMD should have it by then also

I wish they would release the 20 minute demo for a week or two
Blizzard doesn't typically release demos for their games (though they make so few anyway).

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:53 PM   #49
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
Looks like Diablo 3.5 from the gameplay trailer TBH. Same stupid engine, different (almost) decade.
It's an entirely new engine. Ground up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2019, 02:16 PM   #50
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

There isn't any real issue with the in house engine that Blizzard uses besides the low fidelity visuals - but that's intentional as Blizz prefers their games to scale fine on low end hardware.

Their D3 problems mostly lied with the art style and gameplay/gear progression, the engine itself wasn't the primary cause of issues, unlike say Bethesda releases which are plagued with Gamebryo issues.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2019, 03:26 PM   #51
globalist
Rage3D Veteran

globalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyglobalist can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Indeed the D3 engine per se isn't an issue (and no Alientank, it definitely does not look like a brand new engine built from the ground up. Have a source for that?).

It's just that one would be expecting them to really bring something really new to the table one decade later. Like, maybe, a brand new engine?

Last edited by globalist : Nov 5, 2019 at 03:55 PM.
globalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2019, 07:26 PM   #52
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old Nov 5, 2019, 07:26 PM   #53
xCLAVEx
Not gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalist View Post
Indeed the D3 engine per se isn't an issue (and no Alientank, it definitely does not look like a brand new engine built from the ground up. Have a source for that?).

It's just that one would be expecting them to really bring something really new to the table one decade later. Like, maybe, a brand new engine?
It is a new engine.

Quote:
GamesBeat: How much new tech is there with the lighting in the game?

Murphy: It’s a brand new engine, brand new renderer, brand new lighting tech. We have dynamic time of day that happens when you’re in the overworld. We even have dynamic time of day in the random exterior dungeons we’re making.

We have dynamic weather systems. When it starts to rain, things get wet. Ripples start to happen after it’s been raining for a while. Water accumulates. Your hero gets wet. All these things happen, and that affects lighting. It’s PVR, so this is the first time we’ve had that in Diablo. It’s a completely new lighting pipeline. It’s actually been really cool to build it.

https://venturebeat.com/2019/11/02/b...om-diablo-iii/

Old Nov 5, 2019, 08:10 PM   #54
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Sounds like the blatant BS that Todd Howard used to spread "It's a new engine", when in fact they added a few lines of code, hit the compile button, and renamed it for publicity reasons. (then 15 year old gamebryo bugs still happen in the game lol)

"it's a new engine" is the new "this is actual in game footage" (shows obvious bullshitted pre-render)
"it's a new engine" is the new "we won't have microtransactions this time, promise"
"it's a new engine" is the new "we didn't cut finished portions of the game out to sell as DLC"

When some PR shill from a studio who has been using the same game engine for 15 years, like Bethesda or Blizzard, says "it's a new engine" - take it with a grain of salt.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2019, 09:04 PM   #55
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

i imagine by new engine they mean new to diablo, its mostly their starcraft 2 engine
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:03 PM   #56
zizbuka
Judgemental Old Guy

zizbuka is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I await the backtrackers reinstalling the Blizzard client
And the "please re-instate my account"
zizbuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2019, 05:40 PM   #57
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Blizzard intends for Diablo 4 to have cross-play capabilities across the PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One versions of the game
https://www.videogamer.com/news/diab...zards-priority

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old Nov 7, 2019, 05:42 PM   #58
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Why no? That's good for player base.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2019, 05:48 PM   #59
logical
What is my purpose?

I dont mind crossplay in this game. Theres no difference in skill when using a controller. D3 on the consoles and on switch actually works well.

Old Nov 7, 2019, 05:51 PM   #60
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Why no? That's good for player base.
open world more crowding and server load

better to keep the console peasants on their own serves