Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 23, 2019, 06:48 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGELG View Post
Why?
I was just making a bad joke. Every game should have someone who buys that game. They all deserve it in their own way.
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2019, 05:42 PM   #32
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default Gameplay

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2019, 08:53 AM   #33
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default Terminator: Resistance - Opening Gameplay

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 2, 2019, 09:40 AM   #34
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

The human animations look pretty bad. I'm guessing they didn't use motion capture. Voice acting isn't great either. Graphics look pretty good, though. I don't know, could be decent once it bakes a little more, but at this point I'm thinking bargain bin pick-up.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2019, 09:44 AM   #35
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
The human animations look pretty bad. I'm guessing they didn't use motion capture. Voice acting isn't great either. Graphics look pretty good, though. I don't know, could be decent once it bakes a little more, but at this point I'm thinking bargain bin pick-up.
https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/term...tance-pc-steam

maybe?

yoz
Old Nov 2, 2019, 09:51 AM   #36
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete strangerCrawdaddy79 once held a door open for a complete stranger

My goodness - it's hard to watch someone play FPS using a gamepad. Stopped watching at 2:30.

Doesn't look as bad as I was expecting. I still stand by my original statement for now.
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2019, 04:41 PM   #37
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Ugh it doesn't look too hot.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2019, 05:58 PM   #38
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Ugh it doesn't look too hot.
It's a budget title, no doubt.

yoz
Old Nov 2, 2019, 06:05 PM   #39
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Honestly I think Terminator just doesn't translate well to video games. I like the movies, but it's not a world I want to spend additional time in, and terminator is at its best when it's small-scale & intense, rather than big and bombastic.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2019, 09:16 PM   #40
azalea
Radeon R300

azalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Honestly I think Terminator just doesn't translate well to video games. I like the movies, but it's not a world I want to spend additional time in, and terminator is at its best when it's small-scale & intense, rather than big and bombastic.
90s FPS fans would be Shocked at the Future of Terminator games.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:25 AM   #41
acroig
Master Troll

yoz
Old Nov 14, 2019, 07:46 PM   #42
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

I'm surprised just how not-terrible this game is so far, especially considering who the developer is.

The voice acting leaves a lot to be desired and the graphics are pretty mediocre overall, but the gameplay itself is fine. It's like a strange mixture of Homefront: The Revolution and Fallout 4. I like that there are dialogue choices that have consequences, for example, and it's also nice that there's a whole set of skills, a Bethesda-esque lock-picking system, a stealth system (if you alert enemies, you can still run and hide and have them "forget" you rather than being permanently in pursuit), a crafting system, etc. There's quite a bit to this game--certainly more than you'd expect.

The shooting feels pretty good, too. It definitely isn't the best gunplay around, but it's punchy and has good feedback, plus I think it's cool that enemies take "critical hits" if you shoot them in just the right spot (another aspect that kind of feels Fallout-ish to me, if not Borderlands-ish).

And I like the difficulty. Your health never regenerates (you have to use medkits that you craft or pick up) and you can only save in designated spots, so you have to be extra careful when you're out scavenging and picking fights. One bad move could set you back 10+ minutes if you haven't saved very recently. I appreciate how much more tense that makes it feel.

I've only played it for just over an hour so there's still a lot to go, but it leaves a solid first impression--especially if you don't go in expecting a AAA-quality experience.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 07:56 PM   #43
acroig
Master Troll

Thanks for your impressions, keep em coming. How did you acquire the game so early?

yoz
Old Nov 14, 2019, 08:00 PM   #44
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuku2 View Post
VPN and Windows time settings I believe.
Released in EU, right!

yoz
Old Nov 14, 2019, 08:01 PM   #45
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Thanks for your impressions, keep em coming. How did you acquire the game so early?
It's out now on Steam for everyone I think, but I could be wrong!
Old Nov 14, 2019, 08:01 PM   #46
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Released in EU, right!
Deleted my post because I thought I was in the Jedi Fallen Order thread.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 08:02 PM   #47
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshFuku2 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Oh, so it is.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 08:02 PM   #48
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Dec 10 release for USA, no?

Nope, out now.

yoz
Old Nov 14, 2019, 08:15 PM   #49
acroig
Master Troll

No invert mouse option, hope they add this quickly.

yoz
Old Nov 14, 2019, 08:30 PM   #50
Chubz
Doomer

lol I just picked up a Skill Book and instantly got a free skill point... another ode to Fallout!
Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:54 AM   #51
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

People are referring to this as a very decent fps

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 01:55 AM   #52
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

This shite any good?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:50 AM   #53
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
People are referring to this as a very decent fps
I was reading the stream reviews and they were pretty good.

yoz
Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:31 PM   #54
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

IGN gave it a 4. That means stay very far away.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 01:28 PM   #55
azalea
Radeon R300

azalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
IGN gave it a 4. That means stay very far away.
Yep, do stay very far away from IGN.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 02:24 PM   #56
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by azalea View Post
Yep, do stay very far away from IGN.

yoz
Old Nov 15, 2019, 02:30 PM   #57
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Looks pretty dated actually. 5 years ago it would have looked ok, but today it's just bad. Not sure I'd even pick it up in the bargain bin. For $5 I might give it a whirl.

EDIT: Well steam reviews are saying it's good, maybe pick it up for $10...

This quote from one of the reviews sounds appealing;
Quote:
Terminators are an actual threat and you can't go guns blazing.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Nov 15, 2019 at 02:36 PM.
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 02:46 PM   #58
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
Looks pretty dated actually. 5 years ago it would have looked ok, but today it's just bad. Not sure I'd even pick it up in the bargain bin. For $5 I might give it a whirl.

EDIT: Well steam reviews are saying it's good, maybe pick it up for $10...

This quote from one of the reviews sounds appealing;
Unclear on tour price point. $15 or $10 or dollar bundle?

yoz
Old Nov 15, 2019, 04:48 PM   #59
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Unclear on tour price point. $15 or $10 or dollar bundle?
$15 would be pushing it. Possible, but I'd have to think on it. Absolutely not going to go for it at $40+ though like they are currently asking.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 04:57 PM   #60
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Just rent it when it shows up on gamepass, it's not like this is some classic that you would want to replay in the future.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote