Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:07 AM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

They said the same thing. This ***** like useless gay. Can’t do anything.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:08 AM   #212
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
They said the same thing. This ***** like useless gay. Can’t do anything.
That was directed to your old man.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:10 AM   #213
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Not sure wtf is going on in your family but not everyone is a gay Aussie mate!
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 5, 2018, 03:19 AM   #214
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

careful guys as i just had a manual save not work. lost about 2.5 hours of game time that included clearing out a couple fairly large forts . back to level 9.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2018, 09:56 AM   #215
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Got an about an hour of play time before I had to head to bed but it seems pretty decent. There are a lot of non-real time cut scenes at the beginning of the game and I was about to be mad they pre-rendered the cut scenes but once you get out of that its back to AC like normal.

The game seems to run in the 50-60s for me maxxed out at 3440 21:9 which is enough.

One thing that feels different on the controls is no run or auto climb button... I could have sworn Origins had it. This game you are automatically running if you keep moving.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:00 AM   #216
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
One thing that feels different on the controls is no run or auto climb button... I could have sworn Origins had it. This game you are automatically running if you keep moving.
And here, while playing AC Syndicate, I was beginning to think they couldn't possibly dumb down the movement any further.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:07 AM   #217
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
And here, while playing AC Syndicate, I was beginning to think they couldn't possibly dumb down the movement any further.
Yeah, they take one thing but added abilities that werent in Origins so I guess its give and take cause there are only so many button/combinations.

Old Oct 5, 2018, 01:25 PM   #218
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

No run button. In origins was playing it the other day. Unless you play on a keyboard then I think it's just a toggle for run walk. Why play 3rd person game like this with a keyboard is retarded. Don't get me wrong I used to do just that but when the og Creed came to PC I found it easier with 360 controller and have in every 3rd person game since
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2018, 09:03 PM   #219
KAC
That postcount though...

Played 4 hours or so and finished Episode 1. It has a run/walk button on the X1X .

Having never played on the console, it is still hard to get used to it. Also I hate aiming in any game on X1X as I am unable to get the joystick sensitivity right. Other than that, game is absolutely dope. Loving it. HDR is well implemented and running around killing gays is awesome. I can see myself sinking a lot of time in this.

Right now it is like Origins with more diverse combat imo.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:49 PM   #220
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Played 4 hours or so and finished Episode 1. It has a run/walk button on the X1X .

Having never played on the console, it is still hard to get used to it. Also I hate aiming in any game on X1X as I am unable to get the joystick sensitivity right. Other than that, game is absolutely dope. Loving it. HDR is well implemented and running around killing gays is awesome. I can see myself sinking a lot of time in this.

Agreed.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:35 AM   #221
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

Enjoy your excruciating 30fps lol

Also did you enable game mode on the TV???
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2018, 01:36 AM   #222
KAC
That postcount though...

My TV auto enables game mode when using HDR on a console.
Btw that spartan kick. Every time the bitch does it, it tickles my gonads.

Loving this game. It is like Witcher 3 to be honest and that is 100% a good thing.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:18 AM   #223
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Loving this game. It is like Witcher 3 to be honest and that is 100% a good thing.

You've got your head way too high in the clouds.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:37 AM   #224
KAC
That postcount though...

Do tell once you have played on how it is not like Witcher 3.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:21 PM   #225
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Do tell once you have played on how it is not like Witcher 3.
You act like you can't tell what the game is like by the million videos you can watch any time online. The game doesn't somehow change because you're holding a gamepad in your hand. It's not Witcher 3.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 11:50 PM   #226
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I agree, the game does not control like **** so it's definitely not the witcher 3.

Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:18 AM   #227
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
You act like you can't tell what the game is like by the million videos you can watch any time online. The game doesn't somehow change because you're holding a gamepad in your hand. It's not Witcher 3.
Wtf are you talking about. I played the Witcher 3 for close to 200 hours on a gamepad. Since you are unable to see it in the videos here it is:

1) You are in an open world that has a sort of a Medieval setting
2) You have a horse to take you around
3) You have combat options w/ light and heavy swords and ranged combat
4) You have quests given by random NPCs scattered around the world that have an exclamation mark on them
5) You have question marks to go and find some loot or clear areas
6) You run around doing mostly fetch or kill quests
7) The side quests can have multiple options on paths to take
8) There are consequences albeit mild to the paths you take
9) You can have different dialog options sometimes
10) You can go around finding and finishing gear sets and purchase items/upgrade them etc.
11) Even the damn quest marker, map and most of the aesthetics around questing are the same
12) It has a long deep story that allows you to do things as you will
13) Combat has multiple options and sort of super moves (similar to Witcher magic moves)
14) It even has notice boards with contracts
15) If you try to play an area above your level you get ****ed
16) You can equip 3-4 supers at a time similar to mutagens

What it has more than Witcher 3
1) Naval combat
2) A modern day light story
3) Some relevance to actual ancient history
4) A more diverse world imo.
5) Diverse combat options especially ranged
6) Proper stealth gameplay

I can go on but it is quite obvious that game is heavily inspired by the Witcher and its RPG mechanics. Yes story is different but I would go as far as say that this is better than the Witcher since the combat actually makes sense after a while.

Last edited by KAC : Oct 7, 2018 at 02:19 AM.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 03:10 AM   #228
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I don't get many Witcher 3 vibes from this.

Game is 70% Ass origins, 20% Black Flag, 5% mix of Shadow of Mordor / Horizon Zero Dawn and 5% mechanics from just about every RPG.

Skill tree seems better than origins. Missions about the same so far. World is huge. Sailing is decent but slower now they have stamina for oarsmen. It started a little slow honestly and the main missions were nothing special compared to origins. I've played over 4hrs.
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2018, 03:23 AM   #229
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

strange that post conquest event the faction you fought with will still consider you an enemy.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2018, 08:18 PM   #230
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Definitely just more of origins in a different location, not a bad thing as I enjoyed origins playing over 100 hours. Will see if I put in as much time into this one with all the games now coming out and are already out which I have hardly touched.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:00 AM   #231
logical
What is my purpose?

Been playing this week a bit when I can and sometimes I can get anxiety with all those goddamn question marks all over the map. I usually clear out one section before I move out to another just in case I need to go back there for a story mission.

I have slept with 2 women and a man... just cause I dont feel like the dialogue options dont really impact anything. They probably would have been better off just keeping them out IMO.

Old Oct 8, 2018, 01:26 PM   #232
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
I have slept with 2 women and a man...

Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2018, 01:56 PM   #233
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post

Alexios knows no bounds.

Also has no shame.

Old Oct 8, 2018, 02:50 PM   #234
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Alexios knows no bounds.

Also has no shame.
The way we like it!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2018, 04:22 PM   #235
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Just finished Syndicate. Not bad for free but holy balls Ubisoft fix your damned controller detection. Every time you start the game it resets from Xbox One to Mouse & Keyboard. Leave it on Auto and the camera constantly spins in place.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2018, 04:59 PM   #236
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
Just finished Syndicate. Not bad for free but holy balls Ubisoft fix your damned controller detection. Every time you start the game it resets from Xbox One to Mouse & Keyboard. Leave it on Auto and the camera constantly spins in place.
I'm playing Syndicate right now and am 75% through at 40hrs in. I use the XBox One controller and it works flawlessly. I never did anything whatsoever, it was automatic.. I can even unplug it in the middle of the game and plug it back in, detects it, and works fine again.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 05:31 PM   #237
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I'm playing Syndicate right now and am 75% through at 40hrs in. I use the XBox One controller and it works flawlessly. I never did anything whatsoever, it was automatic.. I can even unplug it in the middle of the game and plug it back in, detects it, and works fine again.
Mine is the newer Xbone controller over Bluetooth if that makes any difference.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2018, 05:34 PM   #238
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Nope Im using the wireless dongle as well and no issues at all. Its pretty snappy when connecting and disconnecting.

Old Oct 8, 2018, 05:57 PM   #239
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Mine is an XBox One controller, but I just leave it plugged in via USB 100% of the time. I have bad luck with anything Bluetooth, so I minimize exposure.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 07:08 PM   #240
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Game is good and huge. I've played 11 hrs and I guesstimate that I've uncovered maybe 10% of the map. Quite a few "?" left in regions I've mostly explored.

Lots of forts to infiltrate and their layouts are pretty good. The patrols are really extensive and guards loop around the area like crazy so you really have to be aware of where they all are and hide bodies.

Mercs chase you if you kill or steal in public because your notoriety increases. The notoriety system returning is one of the best "lesser" features because now you can't just kill guards in the middle of a city and run 4 blocks down the road and nobody cares. (e.g black flag)

Quests have been good, some funny ones in there. I find myself just going to do one quest and then exploring to the adjacent areas. Towns are neat and varied. Lots of color variety and weather changes. I haven't done much sailing stuff, too much to do on land.

I really want to respec all my gear to give extreme +% assassin attack so that I can take out captains with a sneaky attacks instead of leaving them with 10% health. Current annoyance is that it doesn't show how much health will be left after a charged melee attack.
nutcrackr is online now   Reply With Quote