Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:44 AM   #241
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
What you will find are tons of boxes to open, brain dead puzzles and 5 fights that don't make Lara to be a bimbo.

Also her hairstyle sucks and her head is bigger than her body this time. Better to play the previous 2 games where she was sexier.
Does your wife know you think this way? lol
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2019, 02:37 PM   #242
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
What you will find are tons of boxes to open, brain dead puzzles and 5 fights that don't make Lara to be a bimbo.

Also her hairstyle sucks and her head is bigger than her body this time. Better to play the previous 2 games where she was sexier.
Shadow is extremely weak, just replay the first reboot or underworld, the following 2 sequels to the reboot were meh! in comparison

If you insist on playing shadow, bump the difficulty up beyond your normal preference.
BEWARE!.. the lemon wheels
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2019, 10:54 AM   #243
Apocalypsee
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium121 View Post
Shadow is extremely weak, just replay the first reboot or underworld, the following 2 sequels to the reboot were meh! in comparison
Yup, its so weak and boring you can skip the game entirely.
If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
(b) 70c
(c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
(d) Must use fire.
Apocalypsee is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 17, 2019, 10:44 PM   #244
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I didn't mind shadow, it has some good bits in it. I definitely would have liked a lot more combat though and some more puzzles.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2019, 08:25 PM   #245
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
sooo bout to start this. whats all this talk about shadows and how do i enable the absolute f*ck out of them.
Almost 3 months later and i finally started this. Got just over an hour in. It just feels so generic and uninteresting, with almost no tension or real risk. I'll probably finish it unless it gets REALLY bad. I got banned for a month from my main mp game lol so ill try a bunch of these sp ones.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2019, 09:55 AM   #246
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Almost 3 months later and i finally started this. Got just over an hour in. It just feels so generic and uninteresting, with almost no tension or real risk. I'll probably finish it unless it gets REALLY bad. I got banned for a month from my main mp game lol so ill try a bunch of these sp ones.
It gets better but it's the worst in the series for me.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:50 PM   #247
UFO
Who's your buddy?

UFO is still being judged by the masses

From a game playing perspective this game is quite good, it offers a lot of action and jump puzzles. The vistas (environment) are well put together in order to fit the action. I'm pretty satisfied what it has to offer in that regard. Also there are plenty of side mission, tombs and so on which will keep you busy for hours.

Story could be better, it is basically the same as in Rise of the Tomb Raider. Hidden city, help native population, lots of tombs, lots of corpses in caves, evil Trinity antagonist.

One particular moment made me laugh out loud. In the level "path to the hidden city there" is a section with wooden crosses hanging underneath a giant cliff where you are supposed to use you rope and pick axe trick to swing past it.

Here is pic of that action part.

In the middle of that she says something like she cannot afford taking any more risks which was hilarious. Like not swinging out under a cliff several hundreds of meters above ground and trying swing an axe through a small ring connected to wooden cross that she doesn't really know the condition of.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 01:20 AM   #248
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post

In the middle of that she says something like she cannot afford taking any more risks which was hilarious.
I literally played that exact part yesterday and also found it hilarious

I actually am somewhat enjoying this game. I like that they don't send wave after wave of super soldiers after you. WHenever you fight soldiers there are usually only a small handful. Maybe that will change... The puzzles have been fine so far. Probably the best thing is how often the game auto saves during some of the more complex puzzles. The sound design is also cool at times. The weapon/person upgrades are pretty lackluster.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 08:50 AM   #249
azalea
Radeon R300

azalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I thought Rise was just as good as the first reboot game; there were some memorable scenes, just as long as the player doesn't have a phobia of snow

Shadow is just a pale... shadow of the previous games, though. Reinstalled to check out what extra DLC the ultimate edition game over Croft edition. Played 5 minutes with highest settings, rtx etc. Got bored. Uninstalled.

New Game+ needs to be New Game- because playing it again subtracts from the impression
Old Nov 7, 2019, 10:01 AM   #250
Crash7
Radeon R700

Crash7 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Probably the best thing is how often the game auto saves during some of the more complex puzzles.
Yes, this! Normally, I really hate checkpoint save systems. But in these games, they're so frequent that you seldom lose more than a couple minutes of progress if you mess up.
Crash7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2019, 12:34 PM   #251
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

I can't stand the "menial" chore missions... Assassins Creed has a ton of them too. What kind of troglodyte gets satisfaction from talking to a character, walking 20 seconds to talk to another character, and then returning to the starting point to get credit for a side mission.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 09:25 PM   #252
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
I can't stand the "menial" chore missions... Assassins Creed has a ton of them too. What kind of troglodyte gets satisfaction from talking to a character, walking 20 seconds to talk to another character, and then returning to the starting point to get credit for a side mission.
It really is lame. I haven't played Shadow yet, but these kinds of missions in general. The only game that seemed like EVERY mission mattered, no matter trivial, was Witcher 3.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 10:55 PM   #253
Ne0Griever
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ne0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete stranger

Haven't played Shadow but I thought Rise was disappointing compared to the original. I liked the idea of a super natural island that's run by cult that worships some long dead goddess. Rise was eh...

The original also had better set pieces like crossing the train tracks and gondola ride.
Ne0Griever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2019, 02:39 PM   #254
azalea
Radeon R300

azalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyazalea can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
It really is lame. I haven't played Shadow yet, but these kinds of missions in general. The only game that seemed like EVERY mission mattered, no matter trivial, was Witcher 3.
Ooh, you reminded me of the druid in Witcher 3 that took a vow of silence. Best. Mission. Ever.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 03:21 PM   #255
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Most of the puzzles are pretty cool and satisfying, but I swear there's one step in each one that either doesn't make any sense or is super counter-intuitive.

I just did the enter-the-hidden-city puzzle, right before the chase by the weirdo death natives. So you have to get the second water wheel turning, but the little gutter for the water is stuck on some debris underwater. No way to break it up, etc. Then, once you move the stuck gutter and the gutter before that a little bit, suddenly you can break up the underwater debris with your climbing pickax. WTF why? This is the one im talking about

Old Nov 11, 2019, 09:09 AM   #256
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

You know what I would like to see?

All the first Tomb Raider games based on the original tomb raider engine remastered for today. Remastered as in higher resolution textures, some higher polygonal models, some advanced lighting and shadow effects, but leave the core game alone. A remaster, not a remake. I'd like to see that for the first 3 Tomb Raider games at least, and maybe the last two sequels on the original engine as well right before the Tomb Raiders Legend reboot.

You know what I would also like to see in one of the newer games we haven't seen yet?

Lara and her dual pistols. Seriously how the **** can this be omitted from the reboot series?
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2019, 10:18 PM   #257
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

holy crap i care so little about the story it's hilarious. watching lara literally slice people up, string up corpses, and gun people down, and then in the next minute question her life choices is awesome some of the tombs are pretty fun tho.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:41 PM   #258
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

game can go f*ck itself. uninstalled after trying the final boss fight twice save for a few satisfying puzzles, awful story, awful weapon feel, ok voice acting at times. just felt super uninspired and safe. not creative at all. can't believe i actually paid money for it in the steam summer sale. hopefully it wasn't too much
Old Nov 18, 2019, 03:31 AM   #259
Taman Linkin
Rage3D Veteran

Taman Linkin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
game can go f*ck itself. uninstalled after trying the final boss fight twice save for a few satisfying puzzles, awful story, awful weapon feel, ok voice acting at times. just felt super uninspired and safe. not creative at all. can't believe i actually paid money for it in the steam summer sale. hopefully it wasn't too much
well **** thats sound bad hahaha. just arrived at one of the native village, its ok so far...
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:55 PM   #260
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Last boss was easy to cheese through.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2019, 03:27 PM   #261
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Last boss was easy to cheese through.
yeah i didn't care enough about it or getting the achievements.