Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Nov 2, 2019, 11:40 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default CS GO competitor ? Riot games "Project A"

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2019, 03:09 PM   #2
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Over the past 2 decades there's been countless "counter-strike killers" come and go by the wayside. The difference with this title is Riot's unlimited budget, they have the resources to throw around so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

That said, this seems to be more targeted towards the overwatch crowd than the CS playerbase. CS players tend to prefer being outplayed by the raw skill of his opponent (ie his aim/flick shot), not his "press your I-win-magic-skill button".

Also the "fps with magic skills" market space is no where as big as the generic "fps" one. Unless they're offering this as free to play or very cheap, there is a very real risk it can go the way of other overwatch competitors, like Battleborn or Lawbreakers.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2019, 03:10 PM   #3
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

This isn't a CSGO competitor
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 2, 2019, 05:35 PM   #4
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

That video put me off anything to do with this. Clone possibly at best.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 01:46 AM   #5
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
Over the past 2 decades there's been countless "counter-strike killers" come and go by the wayside. The difference with this title is Riot's unlimited budget, they have the resources to throw around so it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

That said, this seems to be more targeted towards the overwatch crowd than the CS playerbase. CS players tend to prefer being outplayed by the raw skill of his opponent (ie his aim/flick shot), not his "press your I-win-magic-skill button".

Also the "fps with magic skills" market space is no where as big as the generic "fps" one. Unless they're offering this as free to play or very cheap, there is a very real risk it can go the way of other overwatch competitors, like Battleborn or Lawbreakers.
I hate to be outplayed by raw skill. Because that means i blow
It's still better than being hit in the ****ing shoulderpatch by some spawn-awping shitstain, that's true.

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"

Last edited by g-a-m-e : Nov 3, 2019 at 01:57 AM.
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2019, 03:26 AM   #6
saumilsingh
Radeon Northern Islands

saumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete strangersaumilsingh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexion View Post
Cooldown management (your own plus the opponents) is a skill.
And it is far more difficult to master than good aim.

There are no magic I-Win buttons, just badly timed engagements.
It's just that at very low skill pools, the two are indistinguishable.
saumilsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2019, 06:28 PM   #7
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-a-m-e View Post
@0:40, flying knife magic... a CS competitor... wtf?
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote