Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Nov 1, 2021, 05:04 PM   #6391
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmchv View Post
Installed a R Line badge on the Tiguan

they don't come stock here

Too many badges

Quick google trying to see if they come stock with all 3 badges like that.. closest I could come is the 2 that you have:

Last thing I did to the car.. washed it:

Last edited by logical : Nov 1, 2021 at 08:33 PM.
logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2021, 09:19 PM   #6392
lmchv
Planet Express

lmchv once held a door open for a complete strangerlmchv once held a door open for a complete strangerlmchv once held a door open for a complete stranger

Lol, I like badges, the car came as you show in the photo, however, being the R Line it had badges on the front, sides, inside the car on every imaginable location, but not on the rear... You couldn't tell a standard Tiguan from the R Line if you see it from the rear. Call me petty but I wanted to show it

Also, the model you are showing is the European one, with the double tip exhaust on one side, the one that is sold in america have dual side pipes but are hidden.
BEHEMOTH (Desktop): Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Formula | Intel Core i9 12900K + Asus ROG Strix LC 240 | Kingston Fury 64GB DDR5-5200 | LG 27GN950-b [email protected] | PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB | CoolerMaster Cosmos C700P + Asus ROG Thor 1200W Platinum | Sound Blaster X AE-5 + Edifier R1280DBs + Edifier T5 + Logitech G935 | HyperX Alloy Elite RGB CherryMX Red + Logitech G502 Lightspeed + Logitech Powerplay | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe SSD 2TB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 2TB | LG BD-RE | Windows 11 Pro

Charquito (Desktop): Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz + Asus ROG Ryuo 240 | Corsair Ballistic 32GB DDR4-3000 | Dell U2713HM 27" | Asus ROG Strix Geforce GTX1080| Cooler Master Cosmos 2 + Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W | Logitech MK850 Performance | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB | Sony BD-ROM | Windows 11 Pro

Bloodzone.net Moderator
lmchv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2021, 10:17 AM   #6393
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

I put on my winter wheels and tires.

Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 6, 2021, 03:05 PM   #6394
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Been on and off check engine light for a year now; so new rear O2 sensor install, hope it solves it.

P227000 - O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Lean; Bank 1 Sensor 2
Intermittent

P209600 - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Bank1 Too Lean
Intermittent
Old Nov 20, 2021, 02:50 PM   #6395
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Bought some blacked out OLED tail lights last week. Came in yesterday and out them on.

Before:

After:

Old Nov 20, 2021, 04:05 PM   #6396
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

My yellow headlights don't seem so bad anymore
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2021, 04:34 PM   #6397
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
LOL, yeah not a fan of darked out lenses but what floats one's boat I guess. I would think police may have something extra to write you up on if you ever get stopped.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 04:44 PM   #6398
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:

There arent screened yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
LOL, yeah not a fan of darked out lenses but what floats one's boat I guess. I would think police may have something extra to write you up on if you ever get stopped.

Not illegal here.

The actual lights are different. I didnt take any video myself but you can see the differences at 12:46

Old Nov 20, 2021, 05:24 PM   #6399
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationElysian has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
There arent screened yellow

At least I didn't have to unbolt any parts if I decided I didn't like it. Best thing to do with black taillights is throw them in the trash.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 05:32 PM   #6400
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
At least I didn't have to unbolt any parts if I decided I didn't like it. Best thing to do with black taillights is throw them in the trash.

Mah feels

Lights on for better understanding:

Old Nov 20, 2021, 05:52 PM   #6401
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Wrong. Those things were a god-damned abomination.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 05:55 PM   #6402
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
Wrong. Those things were a god-damned abomination.
Did your Tesla go offline?

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/t...ars-elon-musk/
Old Nov 20, 2021, 05:58 PM   #6403
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Mah feels

Lights on for better understanding:

Looks great. Blacked taillights look excellent but the main concern is that they get dimmed super hard and in my opinion, that's a huge safety hazard.

The OLED looks really bright though. Show some night shots when you get a chance!
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2021, 06:26 PM   #6404
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Looks great. Blacked taillights look excellent but the main concern is that they get dimmed super hard and in my opinion, that's a huge safety hazard.

The OLED looks really bright though. Show some night shots when you get a chance!
They are much brighter than the LEDs that were on there.

The lights are not blacked out - they are clear the housing is black.

Startup sequence video: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...6/IMG_4278.mov

Old Nov 20, 2021, 06:35 PM   #6405
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Yeah those are sexy.

Nice legs
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Nov 20, 2021, 10:43 PM   #6406
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

No, but thanks for asking. I am sure you were truly concerned.

In any case, phone key works over Bluetooth without an internet connection. I don't know what some of those reports are talking about.

Edit: Figured it out l. Pre-2021 (or 2020?) Model X/S did not have phone key over Bluetooth. Still odd, as those owners should have actual key fobs. Seems irresponsible of those owners to rely only on the app in that case. Even I carry around a key card in my wallet just in case.

Last edited by Clockwork : Nov 20, 2021 at 11:03 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 10:51 PM   #6407
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
No, but thanks for asking. I am sure you were truly concerned.
I'm sure he was. He blocked me though. Dude has no sense of humor. Not sure you do either.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2021, 10:54 PM   #6408
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
I'm sure he was. He blocked me though. Dude has no sense of humor. Not sure you do either.
Are you still upset about the peepee tape?
Old Nov 20, 2021, 10:56 PM   #6409
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Are you still upset about the peepee tape?
If only I had a clue what you're talking about.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 11:01 PM   #6410
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
If only I had a clue what you're talking about.
I don't know. Your post seemed crabby. The only negative interaction we have had lately was regarding that band singer pissing on stage.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 11:03 PM   #6411
Greasy
ODI

Quote:
I don't know. Your post seemed crabby. The only negative interaction we have had lately was regarding that band singer pissing on stage.
Laugh more my friend. It's music to your soul.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 11:53 PM   #6412
logical
What is my purpose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Yeah those are sexy.

Nice legs

Gave the car a wash today. Here are some proper pictures with a real camera and a proper video.

Streamable video link: https://streamable.com/p6o2dd

Old Nov 22, 2021, 10:50 PM   #6413
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Big fan. Hope I can make enough money some day to own an M series
Old Dec 1, 2021, 08:22 AM   #6414
lmchv
Planet Express

lmchv once held a door open for a complete strangerlmchv once held a door open for a complete strangerlmchv once held a door open for a complete stranger

The Tiguan turned 1 year old (october) so I took it for detailing and ceramic coating refresh. I also painted the calipers and installed protective film on the piano black parts.

Due to the pandemic and remote work it only has 2300KM on the ODO (~1500 miles)

BEHEMOTH (Desktop): Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Formula | Intel Core i9 12900K + Asus ROG Strix LC 240 | Kingston Fury 64GB DDR5-5200 | LG 27GN950-b [email protected] | PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB | CoolerMaster Cosmos C700P + Asus ROG Thor 1200W Platinum | Sound Blaster X AE-5 + Edifier R1280DBs + Edifier T5 + Logitech G935 | HyperX Alloy Elite RGB CherryMX Red + Logitech G502 Lightspeed + Logitech Powerplay | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe SSD 2TB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 2TB | LG BD-RE | Windows 11 Pro

Charquito (Desktop): Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz + Asus ROG Ryuo 240 | Corsair Ballistic 32GB DDR4-3000 | Dell U2713HM 27" | Asus ROG Strix Geforce GTX1080| Cooler Master Cosmos 2 + Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W | Logitech MK850 Performance | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB | Sony BD-ROM | Windows 11 Pro

Bloodzone.net Moderator
Old Dec 1, 2021, 08:24 AM   #6415
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

looks great, like brand new.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2021, 09:52 AM   #6416
logical
What is my purpose?

ceramic coating refresh on 1500miles... come on man.. you got money to burn?

Old Dec 1, 2021, 11:00 AM   #6417
lmchv
Planet Express

I do that every year on the GLI, the refresh was only $100, well worth it

It looks brand new because it's brand new

Bloodzone.net Moderator
Old Feb 23, 2022, 04:45 PM   #6418
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Replaced the headlights since one broke last week due to flying ice on the highway.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:59 PM   #6419
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Brought my wife's car to Lou's Custom Exhaust to have it checked out for rattles today. The owner had it on a lift, fixed the issue and off the lift within 20 minutes.

No charge I bought the man lunch, or whatever he wants to buy lol out of gratitude.

Been taking vehicles here for about 5 years now. Top notch service and their prices wreck all competition in the area.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2022, 08:39 AM   #6420
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I put a new tensioner and belt on the Frontier. The belt came off twice. Super easy to put back on, but I had to put a lot more pressure on the new tensioner to get the belt on than I did the old one, so either the tensioner spring was going bad or someone used a belt that was just slightly too large.

Pulleys are all in great shape, so that (hopefully) isn’t a problem. Time will tell.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote