Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Feb 19, 2005, 12:28 AM   #301
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasef
Oh I thought you could jsut do it for free, you know, lika friends thing.... right?
I don't exactly have spare turbos, intercoolers, piping, flanges...etc lying around

Ripp, it's not worth 1500 to fab a turbo kit for a bmw, you have to make the exhaust manifold, entire exhaust system, buy a turbo, intercooler, plumb the intercooler, buy bigger injectors, an upgraded ECU or standalone, not to mention all the labor going into that.

Parts alone will run well over $1500
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 12:32 AM   #302
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM
I don't exactly have spare turbos, intercoolers, piping, flanges...etc lying around

Ripp, it's not worth 1500 to fab a turbo kit for a bmw, you have to make the exhaust manifold, entire exhaust system, buy a turbo, intercooler, plumb the intercooler, buy bigger injectors, an upgraded ECU or standalone, not to mention all the labor going into that.

i do least the spare turbos part got a hitachi HT18S(stock 2nd gen RX7 turbo) and a garret t3 50 trim
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 01:25 AM   #303
squid
Cute

squid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:

i priced a turbo conversion for my car at $4500 AU, which included a garret t25g/t28, fmic, piping, manifold, aftermarket ecu, injectors
squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 19, 2005, 08:33 AM   #304
Rippthrough
Nothing wrong with 4-pot!

Rippthrough is still being judged by the masses

$1500
plus car.

You won't see your car again though.
Rippthrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 12:24 PM   #305
scooterman
M45

scooterman is still being judged by the masses

new pics of mr2 had to put it back on the road cause the winter beater died

scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 12:40 PM   #306
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Nice breaks and calips...
Whats the rubber you have on your rims there?
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 01:43 PM   #307
scooterman
M45

they are toyo Fz4's they are ok the rear ones are pretty worn after 1 season i think i want to replace all 4 tires with something grippier but im not sure what to get any recommended tires? need to be 215 or 225/40/17 in the rear and 205/40/17 in front.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 01:46 PM   #308
scooterman
M45

the brake calipers are stock i just painted them, and had a friend make me the toyota vinyls on there which seem to be staying on ok. I tried to stencil and paint it on but it didn't work out so well.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 01:55 PM   #309
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

What type of driving are you doing? I mean, to have your rubber only last one season!?!?!?!?!

I have a set of hankook (low pro, perfoamnce), in which ive been extremely pleased with. I dont push the car that much anymore, tho, its been two seasons in which i have hardly seen any ware on them yet. Im also a big fan of Pirelli's(Sp). They lasted a long time before i changed them to my current.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 02:02 PM   #310
scooterman
M45

the fronts are like perfect just the rears are worn. They aren't bald by any means but i can tell they have lost a lot of their grip. That car goes through rears quick and the fronts last forever.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 02:31 PM   #311
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:

Well I have a SABB 9000 2.3T standing here, Im sure that with some effort it can work.... ^2
Old Feb 19, 2005, 04:39 PM   #312
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I've seen turbo kits made for older 2.5 RS's using SAAB turbo parts.

Have a few turbo Saab 900's sitting in the boneyard.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 08:31 PM   #313
ScottDoom
It's Okay

ScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I used the search function so bite me. I didn't feel like starting a new thread of this type.
lighting up the dark.
ScottDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 08:56 PM   #314
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

It'd look better if you got some better wheels. Not like chrome or "bling bling" type rims, just some more sportier rims.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 08:59 PM   #315
ScottDoom
It's Okay

ScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles
It'd look better if you got some better wheels. Not like chrome or "bling bling" type rims, just some more sportier rims.
Yeah, that's what I want. Depending on how many problems I run into while I own it, I might keep it around after college for a bit and paint it and get some decent sporty rims, and a factory spoiler.
lighting up the dark.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:11 PM   #316
rayzian
brokestatus

rayzian is still being judged by the masses

Bye bye Caravan (tranny blew)

Hello Civic:

Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:17 PM   #317
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Congrats Ryzian,
Dont worry Scott, bumping old threads for a legit reason is MUCh better than having multiple threads.

Anyways, the other day i cleaned up all of the winter salt off of my car. Coming soon to place on my summer rims and wheels. Still deciding if i should keep this or not. Buying out to buy a newer car this summer. I dont think i'll get much for this, so i may just keep it around for emerg cases. 92 Integra with 315'000km. My first car bought back in 94. I dont usually drive with all the fogs on like shown, just when its too foggy or snowy outside. Usually just drive with the regular nights.

Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:17 PM   #318
ScottDoom
It's Okay

That's awesome that you've had that car for that long. The lights look nice.

By the way, what's a good online store to look at rims?
lighting up the dark.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:59 PM   #319
Aneska
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Aneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAneska kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

shes a sexy beast!
Old Mar 14, 2006, 12:01 AM   #320
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzian
Bye bye Caravan (tranny blew)

Hello Civic:

Whos bug is dat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 12:10 AM   #321
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Thanks,
I dunno about shops for yeah. If its like around here, their a dime a dozen. I just went to a few shops to check their styles and prices which i was able to find a few sets for a great price
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDoom
That's awesome that you've had that car for that long. The lights look nice.

By the way, what's a good online store to look at rims?
Old Mar 14, 2006, 12:15 AM   #322
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippthrough
You and Gibro = wrong

Peugeot unit. Mi16.
1.9l NA, injected, 160bhp as standard, full alloy block/head, magnesium covers. Great engine to drive, fantastic soundtrack when it comes on cam.

Weighs as much as a fleas fart.

Also comes turbocharged....
And I thought North America had the slowest cars...

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 12:16 AM   #323
ScottDoom
It's Okay

Hmm... Also, what's the big difference price in rims? I mean, some are like $100 each ($400 for a set) while others are like $1,000 or even $3,000 each ($4,000-$12,000 for a set). Is it basically just the name? As in, the difference between shopping at Old Navy and A&F.

Also, how the hell do you figure out if a pair of rims will look good on your car or not? I mean, there's a differnce between nice looking rims, and rims looking nice on your car.
lighting up the dark.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 01:01 AM   #324
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

I believe size, obviously, and the weight too. Also the type of finishing along with brand names. Its probably best to go ask some ricers or car enthuias wheres a good place in town. Or even your mech might know of a few places.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 01:02 AM   #325
drspangle
Radeon Arctic Islands

drspangle is still being judged by the masses

1995 Nissan Pulsar

Old Mar 14, 2006, 01:07 AM   #326
ScottDoom
It's Okay

Well that's a cool picture for a not so cool car. I need to go take some sweet "model" shots of my granny car someday.
lighting up the dark.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 01:17 AM   #327
drspangle
Radeon Arctic Islands

drspangle is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDoom
Well that's a cool picture for a not so cool car. I need to go take some sweet "model" shots of my granny car someday.
Hey !

It`s mini-godzilla!
Old Mar 14, 2006, 02:55 AM   #328
rayzian
brokestatus

rayzian is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor
Whos bug is dat?
My cousin's. That whole side of my family use to be hardcore VW enthusiasts, now they're all into hondas, which benefits me as I get alot of hookups on my Civic.
Old Mar 14, 2006, 04:52 AM   #329
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I just got a new car about a month ago.. A '98 Oldsmobile Intrigue. i got pics of the actual car om my PC, but internet is still down in my room. but this is the same year/model/color. Well worth the 3K. My sister is getting my old '89 corolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 05:12 AM   #330
Kliptik
Radeon R200

Kliptik is still being judged by the masses

Default 2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8S

This is not a pic of my actual car, but the exact same, color and all.