Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Dec 7, 2020, 01:26 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber
Default Aptera EV... potentially a never plug-in EV...

The promo video

Little bit of a breakdown by a youtuber
*Removed!*

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/6/2...arging-vehicle

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...ging-revealed/

So lets see here..

- Potential to never need to plug-in if you live some where sunny enough
- Damn affordable entry model at $25,900 USD
- 1000 mile range on the top model

Sounds awesome, will be interesting to see how this pans out.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2020, 11:38 PM   #2
clerick
tfw

clerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwardsclerick can recite pi backwards

This looks exactly like elio motors (same 3 wheel "car"), which scammed millions, had "working" prototypes, and in the end didn't produce anything. And before this, there was the same scam in 1980s.

Not to mention the youtuber has a damn affiliate link in his description. Same as ellio motors, had a "reserve your spot" money you put down, that no one got back.

Edit: I dug deeper. This scammy company was founded in 2005, and they have produced **** all over 15 years. They have already done this "preorder" scam before, with none of the funds for previous cars given back for those who preordered. In that timeframe musk made 3 companies, changed the car world, put rockets and satelites to space and a bunch of other ****. This garbage can will never charge 40 miles a day with those panels, only MAYBE if it sat untouched outside in direct sunlight in texas, with no clouds or shade. And even that is a big maybe.

Don't give them money, they are scamming everyone same way they've done before and same way elio did it.

Last edited by clerick : Dec 8, 2020 at 12:03 AM.
clerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2020, 02:33 AM   #3
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Trunks0 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Subscriber

Nice Clerick! I've removed the YouTuber, because that is just scummy

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 11, 2020, 01:42 PM   #4
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Preorders sold out in less than 24 hours lol.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2020, 07:30 AM   #5
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

If this gets rid if SUVs and glam trucks, I'm all for it.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 07:59 AM   #6
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
If this gets rid if SUVs and glam trucks, I'm all for it.
Why SUVs? They're solid family vehicles.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 09:07 AM   #7
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
They are 95% of the time unneeded vehicles and wasteful.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 09:44 AM   #8
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
So are huge homes, racing vehicles, sports cars, $5k PCs and half the other items 1st world denizens own. Having an Aptera type vehicle is a great option, but if we choose to enjoy something else, that's also our right. For the time being anyway.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 09:50 AM   #9
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
only if they're size appropriate for the family.
I have a family of 3 (4 if i count my small dog) and i have a BMW X1. That is the perfect size for me. I dont need anything bigger.

It also helps that i dont like big vehicles
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote