Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jun 20, 2009, 03:30 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Death by Twitter in the Tub

http://www.austriantimes.at/index.php?id=14023

Twitter bath death

A teenage girl was electrocuted after dropping her laptop into the bath as she twittered in the tub.

Police said they believed Maria Barbu, 17, had tried to plug in her laptop with wet hands after the battery died during a long session on social networking site Twitter as she took a soak at her home in Brasov, central Romania.

She was found dead by her parents with the laptop lying next to her

Jamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 03:33 PM   #2
bigtabs
is a happy chappy

bigtabs is still being judged by the masses

Her final tweet would've been more of a sqwaark then.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 03:43 PM   #3
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Wow...if it wasen't so horrific it would be laughable.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 20, 2009, 03:47 PM   #4
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Final Twitter: Dropped laptop in tub, dying lol!
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 03:49 PM   #5
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Wonder if this is her

http://mariabarbu.wordpress.com/
switchAMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 03:53 PM   #6
Emmet Otter
I mend fences

Emmet Otter is still being judged by the masses

Dumb Twit!
Occupation: mending fences Interests: playing washtub bass for a jugband, digital photography, hiking and watching NJ Devils hockey. Favorate games: Unreal Tournament series except UTIII, Stalker SoC, F.E.A.R, cant wait for DiabloIII
Camera Gear: Canon 30D, 1D3 and 5DII.
85 1.2L II
24 1.4L II
24 - 105 4L IS
70 - 200 2.8L IS
24 - 70 L
100 2.8 macro
MP-E 65 2.8 5x macro
sigma 12-24 4.5-5.6
tokina 10-17 3.5-4.5 fishy
speedlites 580EX/580EXII and MT-24EX

-My New Slideshow-

-My Photo Slideshow-

Emmet Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 04:03 PM   #7
aeorun
Radeon R420

aeorun is still being judged by the masses

Some people want to die doing what they like or are good at the most, maybe its on the stage, others perhaps while mountain climbing. this girl died doing what she liked most.. twittering?

It could be your time at any moment. just make sure your not naked doing it /david carradine
aeorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 04:18 PM   #8
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeorun View Post
Some people want to die doing what they like or are good at the most, maybe its on the stage, others perhaps while mountain climbing. this girl died doing what she liked most.. twittering?

It could be your time at any moment. just make sure your not naked doing it /david carradine
Sitting on the loo.. dropping bombs.. and they find you ...
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 05:00 PM   #9
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

Twitter - Currently frying in the bath
Old Jun 20, 2009, 05:04 PM   #10
aeorun
Radeon R420

aeorun is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
Sitting on the loo.. dropping bombs.. and they find you ...
Ill just make sure not to take the laptop into the bathroom with me
aeorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 05:07 PM   #11
shrike126
Chirp Chirp Mother****er

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

I know some might find our joking responses to be a bit callous, but honestly in a situation like this I have little sympathy for this person. Who needs to be sending twitter updates and grabs a laptop while in the bath?
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 05:18 PM   #12
0mar
Sturmbannführer

0mar is still being judged by the masses

Twitter ****ing sucks.
"You think yer smart? Think you can outsmart a bullet?"
"Americans will pay big bucks for horny goat weed, but won't pay for an aortic aneurysm to be fixed."
0mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 08:07 PM   #13
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

No sympathy, sorry. "Electronics + water = No" is such a fundamental and well-known rule that anyone who forgets it is a moron. The fact that she was a rampant twitter user just confirms that.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 08:10 PM   #14
MysticKiller
Nuff Respect Due

MysticKiller is still being judged by the masses

Lmfao

Dumb bitch.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 08:16 PM   #15
Schauste
Radeon R300

Schauste is still being judged by the masses

Indeed, another Darwin award candidate.
Schauste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 08:21 PM   #16
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Great, now I have to incorporate a warning sign on my twitter site project Do not use while bathing.
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 08:27 PM   #17
voodoo1
Proud OIF Veteran

voodoo1 is still being judged by the masses

HAHAH LOL.
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 08:58 PM   #18
Cartigan
Banned

Cartigan is still being judged by the masses

And we have a contestant for a Darwin.
Cartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 10:35 PM   #19
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with0091/2 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Neilsouth View Post
How about : Twitter - Currently Twittering in the bath tub
Battery is about to die, gonna plug in the laptop.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 11:21 PM   #20
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Owned.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 07:05 AM   #21
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchWRX View Post
Wonder if this is her

http://mariabarbu.wordpress.com/
Yes, that does appear to be her.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2009, 07:10 AM   #22
Ulysses 31
Radeon Northern Islands

Ulysses 31 is still being judged by the masses

Natural selection
Intel Core i7 6950X @ 4.3Ghz \ 2x GTX 1080 8GB SLI \ 128 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3333 Mhz DDR4 \ Asus Rampage V Edition 10 \ ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q \ Asus Claymore \ SupremeFx \ Logitech Z-5500 5.1 \ 2x Samsung 1TB 2x Samsung 2TB \ In Win D-Frame 2 \ Corsair AX1200 Watt \ Windows 10 Pro x64
Ulysses 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2009, 08:16 AM   #23
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Android1 View Post
Yes, that does appear to be her.
she doesn't look like a 17 teen to me

check her pic in about me, look and then try to unsee it
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2009, 08:18 AM   #24
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

One of the comments on the "About me" page.

"Oh! You're cute! And smart!"

Err, no.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2009, 09:11 AM   #25
genci88
lololololol

genci88 is still being judged by the masses

Her intelligence sounds about right for a twitter user.

- The hardest thing about getting a Mac is telling your parents that you're gay.

- If I had the choice between being gay and owning a Mac, I would rather be gay, because if I owned a Mac I would be both gay and own a horrible computer.

- Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests comfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Mac OSX is like.
genci88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2009, 10:32 AM   #26
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Final Twitter: Dropped laptop in tub, dying lol!
Old Jun 21, 2009, 11:06 AM   #27
Android1
Radeon Polaris 20 XL

Android1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird singsAndroid1 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonZ View Post
she doesn't look like a 17 teen to me

You are absolutely corrent. I saw that photo, but for some reason, her age did not register.

I found a Romanian article on the subject which features a picture of the girl. See here.
Android1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2009, 11:47 AM   #28
genci88
lololololol

genci88 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonZ View Post

- The hardest thing about getting a Mac is telling your parents that you're gay.

- If I had the choice between being gay and owning a Mac, I would rather be gay, because if I owned a Mac I would be both gay and own a horrible computer.

- Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but then the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests comfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Mac OSX is like.
genci88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2009, 04:01 PM   #29
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
Who needs to be sending twitter updates and grabs a laptop while in the bath?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schauste View Post
Indeed, another Darwin award candidate.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2009, 05:48 PM   #30
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Neilsouth View Post
See, this is too long, they should have Crtl+F shortcuts for these things...

MG
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote