Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 14, 2015, 05:55 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Default Far Cry 4 vs Dying light

I have not purchased many games this year. I picked up GTA 5 and Pillars Of Eternity but other than that, nothing. I just spent some money on my PC and want to play some new games so I have been looking through what is available.

Basically Far Cry 4 and Dying light look like the best games this year so far. I am not a fan of the witcher games (I bought both 1 and 2 and could not finish either.) but I am a fan of RPG's like Baldur's Gate. I am waiting on the Siege Of Dragonspear expansion for Baldur's Gate to come out but until then I am left wanting something to play and preferably something that will stress my system a little.

I loved Far Cry 3 and so I have an interest in Far Cry 4 however, I hear it is so similar that it may be a bit stale. I also hear that both Dying Light and Far Cry 4 have bad story lines but both have fun open world environments. Both received critical scores in the mid 80's.

What do you guys think? Is one better than the other? Let me know what game you thought was the best and why. If you have any other recommendations for good games that came out this year then let me know. I like RPG, FPS, RTS, and pretty much anything really. I will probably end up buying both Far Cry 4 and Dying light but for right now I only want to buy one and I am not sure which to pick up first. Thanks.

I do like the zombie apocalypse setting even though it is a bit stale because I have ignored most of it. I did try dead island and I liked the environment but I got bored and stopped playing it within 1 week. I have heard that Dying light is not like dead island. If it is very similar to dead island then I would probably not like it.

Last edited by the_sextein : Aug 14, 2015 at 06:04 PM.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2015, 06:03 PM   #2
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Yeah, if you liked FC3 you will probably like FC4, but really because it's more of the same - even if there are some neat new things. With that, it may be more interesting to just go for dying light, you get a bit more variety and it is a good game - though I haven't seen too much of the reviews on each, but I definitely got the impression that it got a better reception around launch than FC4 did.

Related to these and PoE/baldurs gate, have you tried Divinity: Original Sin or Metro Last Light? Each should be around the same price and are good. If you haven't played them, maybe consider adding to your consideration list and who knows, maybe one is on sale for real cheap somewhere.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2015, 06:05 PM   #3
lumpyhed
Radeon Arctic Islands

lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'lumpyhed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

If you want to shoot peeps and sneakily capture bases - FC4
if you want to swing hammers at the undead and run away squealing like a girl when night comes - DL

Both rather different games tbh, though i must say i've only completed the latter and lost interest in the former once i had unlocked everything.
lumpyhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 14, 2015, 06:06 PM   #4
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

I own Metro Last Light and it was good. I have not played Original Sin, I will read up on it.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 06:07 PM   #5
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

I would strongly advise getting Far Cry 4 OR Dying light, but not both. Far Cry 4 is great, but its just more Far Cry 3, Dying Light is everything you liked about Far Cry 3, but in a zombie world, and with a better held together story.

With the expansion coming up, i would advise dying light. I am biased on that matter though.

Keep in mnd, that while the start of the game is all melee, it doesnt take long to find guns and even use them as your main focus in dying light.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2015, 06:13 PM   #6
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

Are there any problems I need to know about running either game? I have Nvidia graphics. How do they run performance wise? Is one game longer than the other? What game do you think looks better? Bugs?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 06:36 PM   #7
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
Are there any problems I need to know about running either game? I have Nvidia graphics. How do they run performance wise? Is one game longer than the other? What game do you think looks better? Bugs?
Dying light is definitely shorter, but its not short. Plus the expansion will double the size of the game.
Far Cry 4 runs pretty well on most things, and my 770 runs DL almost flawlessly, so i think you'll be fine. I personally think dying light looks better, but thats my opinion not a comment on the actual graphics quality.
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 06:39 PM   #8
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Dying Light is Dead Island with parkour, better story and world, plus night zombies and a better atmosphere.

FC4 is FC3 tundra edition.

I quite enjoyed both games about the same really. I put a few more hours into Dying Light but FC4 has plenty of value. Either is a great choice and hard for me to pick one over the other

I also recommend Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Looks and plays great, and to me it felt pretty fresh despite clear influences from Ass Creed and Batman.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2015, 06:40 PM   #9
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
Dying light is definitely shorter, but its not short. Plus the expansion will double the size of the game.
Far Cry 4 runs pretty well on most things, and my 770 runs DL almost flawlessly, so i think you'll be fine. I personally think dying light looks better, but thats my opinion not a comment on the actual graphics quality.
Thanks man, the expansion pack does make me sway a little more towards DL and it seems a little more fresh since I have already played FC3. I was really pumped for FC4 after beating FC3 but then when it came out everyone seemed to think that it fell flat. I know it's a good game at it's core but I already own that core with FC3. Maybe DL is the way I should go. Any other games you can think of that stand out this year?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 06:46 PM   #10
BlindZenDriver
Radeon R100

BlindZenDriver is still being judged by the masses

FarCry 4 is a better FarCry 3 in many ways, but in one aspect I think they went in a wrong direction. It is like they were scared players might the bored so they crammed so much into the game that things happen almost every step you take, not literally of course it is just that in some ways I found myself feeling as I was playing in a crowded city only it looks like the great outdoors.

FarCry 3 had some of that crowded feeling also, but it is worse in FarCry4 and it is a pity because what is going is mostly great only the drive between places is only seconds which really takes away from the game.
BlindZenDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2015, 06:59 PM   #11
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Thanks man, the expansion pack does make me sway a little more towards DL and it seems a little more fresh since I have already played FC3. I was really pumped for FC4 after beating FC3 but then when it came out everyone seemed to think that it fell flat. I know it's a good game at it's core but I already own that core with FC3. Maybe DL is the way I should go. Any other games you can think of that stand out this year?
It wasnt so much that it fell flat, but rather, it was just more fc3. Fc4 is better fc3, just like fc3 is better fc2. They improve it each time, but its still the same game. As for other titles, other than Witcher 3, there really are not a lot of big games. Nutcrackr is right with Shadow of Mordor, other than some control issues its a really excellent game, and the best assassins creed/batman game since arkham asylum. I personally didnt like Watch Dogs, but i know im a minority in that, and its definitely worth getting for the mini games alone!! if you pick it up on sale, 5 dollars for a few hours worth of spider tank, or driving over zombies, or the stealth mini game, even the flower bouncing (it's trippy) is worth it for sure, then you get the main gta clone style game too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindZenDriver View Post
FarCry 4 is a better FarCry 3 in many ways, but in one aspect I think they went in a wrong direction. It is like they were scared players might the bored so they crammed so much into the game that things happen almost every step you take, not literally of course it is just that in some ways I found myself feeling as I was playing in a crowded city only it looks like the great outdoors.

FarCry 3 had some of that crowded feeling also, but it is worse in FarCry4 and it is a pity because what is going is mostly great only the drive between places is only seconds which really takes away from the game.
I would love that far cry game. Far Cry 4 but in a city, with sky scrapers and everything. Like an actual open world crysis 2 or somethng. Maybe Japan? Tokyo would be amazing!
Old Aug 14, 2015, 07:09 PM   #12
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

I own Watchdogs. I need to go back to it and play through it some more. The game ran like turds when I bought it so I had to lock the FPS at 30 but now with my new hardware I can probably brute force it. That might be something for me to consider. I was nowhere near finished doing everything that the game had to offer. I liked the supporting characters and the story wasn't half bad. Graphics were good as well.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 07:13 PM   #13
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I own Watchdogs. I need to go back to it and play through it some more. The game ran like turds when I bought it so I had to lock the FPS at 30 but now with my new hardware I can probably brute force it. That might be something for me to consider. I was nowhere near finished doing everything that game had to offer. I liked the supporting characters and the story wasn't half bad. Graphics were good as well.
The patches made the game playable. However, better still, if you look up the mods, there is two, ones called something like e3 mod, and the other is called "the worst mod" i think. Either way, they are not only better graphics mods, but make the game run better!!
Old Aug 14, 2015, 07:24 PM   #14
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

How is the stealth aspect of FC4? I liked the stealth option in FC3 and I here it is better in FC4. Can someone give me some details about that?

Both DL and FC4 seem dark and violent. Is DL more vile and gory? I like gritty shite.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 07:44 PM   #15
BlindZenDriver
Radeon R100

BlindZenDriver is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
How is the stealth aspect of FC4? I liked the stealth option in FC3 and I here it is better in FC4. Can someone give me some details about that?
In many situations you can certainly opt for a stealthy approach. For instance if you're aiming to take over some strong point if you do it stealthy enough ie. take out all of the opposition without raising an alarm, then you'll take over the strong point without having to fight reinforcements. Like in FarCry 3 you can lure or distract guards in different ways and with a little practice that can work really well allowing to either bypass guards or make them move into a position where you can dispose of them quietly and unseen.

One thing I would consider if I was to start out with FarCry 4 would to be installing one of the mods which makes things harder and more realistic. The reason is simply that if you're a experienced FarCry player it is likely you'll find FarCry 4 too easy. Like fx. one aspect which is meant to make the game harder is that you need money for ammo and guns and all, but I pretty much never found myself strapped for cash simply because I mostly did spend less ammo than what I could grab from dead enemies.
BlindZenDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2015, 07:50 PM   #16
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

FC4 stealth is maybe a little better. But the damn hunters they introduced were annoying enough to cancel out my enjoyment in some situations.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:11 PM   #17
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Here are my picks for you.

Divinity Original Sin
Witcher 3
Dragon age inquisition
Farcry 4 (enjoyed it much more than Dying Light, even finished it whereas, Dying Light I haven't touched in almost 8-9 months except benchmarking)
Dirt Rally
Shadow of Mordor
GTA V
Batman Arkham Knight

You just spent at least 1300 on graphics cards, head to g2a.com or kinguin.net to pick up all of them for under 150.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2015, 11:48 PM   #18
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

Thanks for the replies guys. I think I am going to try DL this weekend and when I finish it I will move on to FC4. At some point Dragonspear will release for Baldur's Gate and a new Hitman 47 game will be out in December so I think I will be good for the rest of the year.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 11:57 PM   #19
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Thanks for the replies guys. I think I am going to try DL this weekend and when I finish it I will move on to FC4. At some point Dragonspear will release for Baldur's Gate and a new Hitman 47 game will be out in December so I think I will be good for the rest of the year.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:03 AM   #20
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

lol, what? 4 months left in the year and 4 games that will take me 45-60 hours each. I work long hours so I can't really play much more then that and if I buy multiple games at once I will never finish any of them. I know you were saying that you liked FC4 more than DL but I plan to pick it up eventually. I think I just want to try something different.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:33 AM   #21
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I have not purchased many games this year. I picked up GTA 5 and Pillars Of Eternity but other than that, nothing. I just spent some money on my PC and want to play some new games so I have been looking through what is available.

Basically Far Cry 4 and Dying light look like the best games this year so far. I am not a fan of the witcher games (I bought both 1 and 2 and could not finish either.) but I am a fan of RPG's like Baldur's Gate. I am waiting on the Siege Of Dragonspear expansion for Baldur's Gate to come out but until then I am left wanting something to play and preferably something that will stress my system a little.

I loved Far Cry 3 and so I have an interest in Far Cry 4 however, I hear it is so similar that it may be a bit stale. I also hear that both Dying Light and Far Cry 4 have bad story lines but both have fun open world environments. Both received critical scores in the mid 80's.

What do you guys think? Is one better than the other? Let me know what game you thought was the best and why. If you have any other recommendations for good games that came out this year then let me know. I like RPG, FPS, RTS, and pretty much anything really. I will probably end up buying both Far Cry 4 and Dying light but for right now I only want to buy one and I am not sure which to pick up first. Thanks.

I do like the zombie apocalypse setting even though it is a bit stale because I have ignored most of it. I did try dead island and I liked the environment but I got bored and stopped playing it within 1 week. I have heard that Dying light is not like dead island. If it is very similar to dead island then I would probably not like it.
Do you enjoy the show "The Walking Dead"? If so then I think you will enjoy Dying Light. I've played both and I like DL more, I really like the atmosphere of Dying Light.
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:38 AM   #22
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
lol, what? 4 months left in the year and 4 games that will take me 45-60 hours each. I work long hours so I can't really play much more then that and if I buy multiple games at once I will never finish any of them. I know you were saying that you liked FC4 more than DL but I plan to pick it up eventually. I think I just want to try something different.
Buys 1300 dollar graphics cards. Plays 2 games a year...
Old Aug 15, 2015, 04:40 AM   #23
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Buys 1300 dollar graphics cards. Plays 2 games a year...
For most of us:

* Buys expensive graphics card to play high-end games
* Buys far too few games
* Spends most time on internet forum
Old Aug 15, 2015, 04:56 AM   #24
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

Also, when I'm not on an internet forum and I finally get around to loading up one of the few games I bought, I spend 90% of the time trying to get it to run as nice as possible by tweaking it for hours on end. By the time I get it the way I want it I am tired of looking at it. I am less gamer and more OCD freak. Oh well.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 05:00 AM   #25
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I just picked up dying light right now(downloading). Really wanted to pay less but with season pass at under $40 I went for it from G2A.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2015, 06:41 AM   #26
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

This is how i feel when i play dying light

t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2015, 08:46 AM   #27
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
The patches made the game playable. However, better still, if you look up the mods, there is two, ones called something like e3 mod, and the other is called "the worst mod" i think. Either way, they are not only better graphics mods, but make the game run better!!
I just loaded up watchdogs and it runs nice and smooth at 4K DSR-60FPS with everything maxed out other than AA. I am using FXAA with the DSR it looks flawless. I might have to go back to this one for sure. During the day it doesn't look like anything special but at night and when it rains it can give GTA 5 a run for it's money at times. The gameplay isn't great but it is unique and fun enough.

I just downloaded Dying Light so I will probably start that up tomorrow.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 11:48 AM   #28
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuryX View Post
For most of us:

* Buys expensive graphics card to play high-end games
* Buys far too few games
* Spends most time on internet forum
Lol too true, or buy expensive card and play a game that could easily be ran on a card 1/3 the price
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:17 PM   #29
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

My favorite game these last two weeks has been Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge. When I first played that, I think it was on an AMD Duron 750...
Old Aug 15, 2015, 02:59 PM   #30
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuryX View Post
My favorite game these last two weeks has been Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge. When I first played that, I think it was on an AMD Duron 750...
Loved red alert one and two.