Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 25, 2013, 07:44 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Dying Light, from the makers of Dead Island

Quote:
The Dead Island series is polarizing. Hacking apart zombies in first-person is fun, but the games are blemished with technical bugs. It makes sense, then, that developer Techland might want to create distance between Dead Island and Dying Light – a new IP with a startlingly similar premise coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and current-gen systems. Players team up with up to three friends to explore a tropical setting, hack apart zombies, and craft items. Dying Light innovates on the formula by injecting free running and a day/night cycle, but we couldn’t ignore the elephant in the room during a live presentation of the game. We asked Techland’s brand manager, Blazej Krakowiak what separates the two titles.

Krakowiak reveals Dying Light is being developed by the core team that worked on the original Dead Island. The more criticized follow-up, Dead Island Riptide, was developed by the company’s studio in Warsaw, Poland. I asked Krakowiak to explain how Dying Light relates to the developer’s past zombie games.
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/dy...ing-light.aspx

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013...s-dying-light/

If they truly have fixed all the issues that DI had, then I'm definitely interested in this one.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2013, 07:49 AM   #2
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Next gen tech allows day and night cycles, about time.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2013, 09:26 AM   #3
Mr. Hunt

Mr. Hunt is still being judged by the masses

"Next-gen allows day/night cycles, so here it is on the PS3 and 360 also."

Makes no sense. They tricked me into buying Dead Island. Doubt they will do it again with this game.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 25, 2013, 12:55 PM   #4
Fleksta
Radeon R700

Fleksta is still being judged by the masses

Looks nice, but I was very put off by the way Dead Island played. It was fun at first, but I hated how even vanilla zombies would get harder to kill as the game progressed. Just made it tedious instead of harder and as a result I never finished it.
Fleksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2013, 02:38 PM   #5
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleksta View Post
Looks nice, but I was very put off by the way Dead Island played. It was fun at first, but I hated how even vanilla zombies would get harder to kill as the game progressed. Just made it tedious instead of harder and as a result I never finished it.
Level scaling at its finest. Developers need to understand that not every ai element in every game needs to level adjust with the player.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : May 25, 2013 at 02:42 PM.
Dungeoncrawler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2013, 02:51 PM   #6
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

eh are they making 2 games?
the already were making some first person fantasy rpg
forgot the name

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2013, 02:57 PM   #7
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
eh are they making 2 games?
the already were making some first person fantasy rpg
forgot the name
First person fantasy RPG? I WANT DETAILS!!!
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2013, 03:07 PM   #8
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34000899

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

- True Blood
Old May 25, 2013, 03:08 PM   #9
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...lands-hellraid
Old May 25, 2013, 04:16 PM   #10
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

thanks guys
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2013, 03:44 PM   #11
Mangler
PC

Old Aug 15, 2013, 03:50 PM   #12
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Looks like Dead Island v2.0... even has the same feel with the weapon aiming and types of weapons(electric knife.) Do not want.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2013, 04:09 PM   #13
Scart
Radeon Northern Islands

Scart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScart can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

That video is absolutely epic. A true next gen Dead Island
Scart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2013, 04:14 PM   #14
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

looking good

samey as dead island, but improved. what's not to like
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2013, 06:20 PM   #15
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That did not look bad at all. I had a good deal of fun in co-op with Dead Island, just might enjoy the heck out of this.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2013, 06:12 AM   #16
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Looks good!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2013, 07:55 AM   #17
Skinner
tweaking for life.

Skinner is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
Looking forward to it
Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2013, 02:26 PM   #18
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

After watching that 12min gameplay video I'm interested! I just hope they really have improved upon many of the lacking things about Dead Island. Looks good so far!

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2013, 02:44 PM   #19
badboy
Merc with a mouth

Yeap the 12m video looks awesome.
I too hope they fixed the things from dead island.

I pretty much hated the gameplay in dead island after a few hours.
I have my hopes up for this

- True Blood
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:34 PM   #20
Mangler
PC

Angry Joe tried to be as annoying as pewdiepie in this video.

IMO, his attempt was successful.

Last edited by Mangler : Jan 8, 2014 at 12:00 AM. Reason: removed he
Old Jan 7, 2014, 11:59 PM   #21
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

They keep paying youtubers to show off this **** game. Its pretty terrible and they need to do something else other than zombies/crafting weapons game.

Its clear angry joe was payed and is over enthusiastic about this POS. I can see that and I dont even watch him.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:34 AM   #22
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:

ughh.. after 2 min, I stopped watching.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2014, 06:04 AM   #23
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Looks great, way off for release though, be nice to get hold of a demo. :|
Old Jan 8, 2014, 08:18 AM   #24
Rummy
Radeon R700

Rummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRummy can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Enjoyed Dead Island and Riptide, Will get this for sure. I thought the leveling system and crafting weapons was awesome. The only thing they need to work on was the net code. I remember giving Grey_1- PCWood a kick ass machete.
Rummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2014, 03:06 PM   #25
Mangler
PC

A teaser about Feb 11, might be that demo that that the youtubers played.
Old Feb 7, 2014, 03:12 PM   #26
yoz
The Garbage Man

yoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete strangeryoz once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:

Why are you posting this you peasant? Wish youtube didn't exist.
  • Play the classics
  • Vista/XP Compatible
yoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2014, 07:01 PM   #27
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I don't really like zombie games tbh (unless in spaaace like in Doom or Judge Dredd) but I enjoyed Dead Island. Hope they will make death actualy matter, in DI there was no real penalty to dying hence no suspense. I practiced self restrains so it was fun but it's better when devs provide the challenge.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2014, 02:07 AM   #28
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I liked the 12 minute video but I will be damned if I get excited for anything from makers of Dead Island. I haven't even installed that game once I saw the review videos. Just atrocious, that game was.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2014, 03:36 AM   #29
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I couldn't really get into Dead Island because there was no persistence with the world. Is it the same for this one?
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2014, 09:45 AM   #30
Mangler
PC

Quote:

A teaser about Feb 11, might be that demo that that the youtubers played.
Looks like this was just a teaser/trailer about the 2 minute trailer that they released today...

I'm not even going to bother linking it.