Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 16, 2010, 09:18 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nrs421
Radeon Arctic Islands

nrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Default what facebook thinks of it's users LOL!

http://www.businessinsider.com/well-...roblems-2010-5

Quote:
According to SAI sources, the following exchange is between a 19-year-old Mark Zuckerberg and a friend shortly after Mark launched The Facebook in his dorm room:
Quote:
Zuck: Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone at Harvard

Zuck: Just ask.

Zuck: I have over 4,000 emails, pictures, addresses, SNS

[Redacted Friend's Name]: What? How'd you manage that one?

Zuck: People just submitted it.

Zuck: I don't know why.

Zuck: They "trust me"

Zuck: Dumb ****s.
nrs421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 02:11 AM   #2
Pepsin
bananed

Pepsin is still being judged by the masses

I find it ironic that people go to a website on the Internet and type in all their personal information, then somehow expects it to be private.

If there's something you want to keep private, don't type it in, or if it's a required field, make something up. This doesn't just apply to Facebook.
Old May 17, 2010, 02:13 AM   #3
ScottDoom
It's Okay

ScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyScottDoom can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Meh, I don't care who has access to my "private" information on Facebook.
lighting up the dark.
ScottDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 17, 2010, 02:26 AM   #4
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

That's EXACTLY what I would've said. People are making such a big deal out of nothing.

Think about it, you make this site for people to store information on. All their personal information, their personal email. For no reason.

And they do it. And thousands of people do it. Of course I'm going to go to my friend and say "holy **** man, I just stumbled on a gold mine. Dumb****s like these people are giving me all their information!"

I'm sure Steve Jobs has had the same conversation with Woz one time or another. Can't believe people actually buy this ****! And for a premium! Push the sale!
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 02:32 AM   #5
€L1T€
Radeon Evergreen

€L1T€ is still being judged by the masses

same as all the idiots use those lame store cards (not the credit card type ones) just the ones that give you "points" for letting the store track your spending habits
€L1T€ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 02:35 AM   #6
plasmafish
ionized

plasmafish is still being judged by the masses

Doesn't anyone find this conversation between the supposed CEO and supposed former friend quite short? I don't know the authenticity of it but I wouldn't back them up personally because facebook has done some shady things with privacy and the control of users personal information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post
That's EXACTLY what I would've said. People are making such a big deal out of nothing.

Think about it, you make this site for people to store information on. All their personal information, their personal email. For no reason.

And they do it. And thousands of people do it. Of course I'm going to go to my friend and say "holy **** man, I just stumbled on a gold mine. Dumb****s like these people are giving me all their information!"

I'm sure Steve Jobs has had the same conversation with Woz one time or another. Can't believe people actually buy this ****! And for a premium! Push the sale!
It used to be a private only registration through student university and college email addresses. Everyone whined that it wasn't available to other schools and people not in the facebook program and should be public. It then became a public social networking site with the likes of myspace. Before it became like myspace it was a good place to connect with classmates and people of similar interest at your university/college.
plasmafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 02:59 AM   #7
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

I dont care who has my information on fb... my profile is fully open for everyone.

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 03:13 AM   #8
Caleb
Radeon Arctic Islands

Caleb is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVanks View Post

Exactly.

When I am the CEO of a multi billion dollar company, some bastard here at rage is gonna publish lame posts I've made here.
Caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 04:13 AM   #9
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsin View Post
I find it ironic that people go to a website on the Internet and type in all their personal information, then somehow expects it to be private.

If there's something you want to keep private, don't type it in, or if it's a required field, make something up. This doesn't just apply to Facebook.
w0rd.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 05:14 AM   #10
kepler
Radeon Arctic Islands

kepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundkepler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It's all fun and games until ebaums see your page.
kepler is offline   Reply With Quote