Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Dec 17, 2021, 08:51 PM   #421
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2021, 09:27 PM   #422
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Alder lake is a good improvement but it probably wont take much for AMD to match it or even pass it slightly. Considering the platform AL is on, 40% increased pinout on the cpu, ddr5, pcie5... it should have an unbeatable lead but R5k gives it a run for its money at times.

Then we get AM5 where the AMD platform catches up. If AM5 only notches things up 10-15% it'll be a big disappointment.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2021, 09:58 PM   #423
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Frickin hate people posting links without context or short description. Same with YouTube videos.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 18, 2021, 05:01 AM   #424
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

A performance test for 41 games using 12900K DDR5 6000 CL 36 over DDR 4 3600 CL14

Averaging:

3% perf increase at 1080p for DDR 5

2% at 1440p for DDR 5

1% at 4K for DDR 5

A few games netted 20% increase but mostly they were identical and also some were in the negatives.

Them prices are worth it for DDR5

Also hope KAC is happy with the run down plus link to video.

Last edited by Megaman : Dec 18, 2021 at 05:24 AM.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2021, 07:12 AM   #425
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Old Dec 18, 2021, 07:16 AM   #426
KAC

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Thanks Megagay!
Old Dec 18, 2021, 07:46 AM   #427
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Frickin hate people posting links without context or short description. Same with YouTube videos.
Cry me a river. When I post you're supposed to click it.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 07:51 AM   #428
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Old Dec 18, 2021, 08:29 AM   #429
KAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Cry me a river. When I post you're supposed to click it.
No
Old Dec 18, 2021, 08:36 AM   #430
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
No
Old Dec 18, 2021, 03:46 PM   #431
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

What's with all these post just posting a link with no title or desciption? Do you really want me to click on it? Geez talk about being lazy posters.
Old Dec 18, 2021, 03:54 PM   #432
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Whilst I’m at work trying to sneak in new gossip,using a phone, in the hot Aussie glaring sun for you guys, the least you can do is say thanks instead of bitching cos you gotta click a link by reputable Rage3d members with over 9k posts.

Old Dec 18, 2021, 06:47 PM   #433
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBerryKM13 View Post
What's with all these post just posting a link with no title or desciption? Do you really want me to click on it? Geez talk about being lazy posters.
You don't have to click on it if you don't want to. Best I wanna do when I see something interesting on my phone.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 06:43 AM   #434
Megaman
Packing heat!

Any ideas what temps the 12700k typically gets in gaming/CPU stress testing? I hit 83 degrees on one core playing Control, Cinbebench test for 5 minutes I get high 70s across all cores with the exception of core 5 hitting 83.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 06:48 AM   #435
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

You need to list the power and voltage you're running to know what is and isn't good. Are you using an LGA1700 mounting kit? Ambient temp? Too many factors to judge off of just the temps alone.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2021, 06:55 AM   #436
Megaman
Packing heat!

I'm running stock everything. Ambient temp, around the low 20 degrees but I can't be accurate. Core volts are at 1.163 with core speed at 4.5 Ghz. Temps are consistently hovering around mid 70s, high 60s right now during testing but peak temps manage to hit low 80s.

Only the retro fit stands are in use. No LGA1700 bracket. Trying to get a rough idea where this setup is at.

Looking at others responses they too appear to be running low to mid 80s in Cinebench R23 everything stock. Just found a post now so perhaps that's about ball park.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 07:03 AM   #437
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

What are you using to read temps/voltage? Use HWINFO64 if you aren't.

Temps seem ok. Still pretty high for 1.163v but it depends on the wattage as I said. You can see all of that in hwinfo.

I hit mid 70s at 1.3v under load in CB23 pulling around 230watts if I remember correctly, but that's on a custom loop with a HKIV w/ 1200 mounting kit. Once I get the 1700 kit installed it'll likely be mid-high 60s.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Dec 24, 2021, 07:14 AM   #438
Megaman
Packing heat!

I’m using core temp.

Watching HWinfo, max temps so far are in the low to high 70s. I’m averaging 69 across 6 core, averaging 72 on core 5. Seems Core Temp is showing slightly higher temps on some cores. I think I might just bin that app.

What wattage setting shall I look at for wattage info? CPU package power is peaking at 150w

Last edited by Megaman : Dec 24, 2021 at 07:33 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 07:18 AM   #439
Megaman
Packing heat!

Core 5 on core temp shows 86 degrees peak. HWinfo shows 79. All others are low/mid 70s in HWinfo. These numbers look better.

Im not looking at E cores.

I’m now seeing Vcore at 1.305 and 4.9 boost. Temps have not hit 80s. Looks like the H150i is doing well.

My results this 5 minute run

Last edited by Megaman : Dec 24, 2021 at 07:24 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 07:24 AM   #440
Megaman
Packing heat!

Whoops....looks like these results also factor in Control running in the background as I forgot I ALT tabbed
Old Dec 24, 2021, 07:29 AM   #441
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Yeah don't use anything except HWINFO64. All the other apps are all over the place. For power readings, use CPU Package Power.

Looks like you have stock Intel limits in place (150w max) which is good. A lot of boards will disable those limits automatically and cause temp issues for the AIO users etc.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 07:34 AM   #442
Megaman
Packing heat!

Sweet. Looks the goods then. Just read over my previous posts, auto correct is such a piece a ****. Had to fix up the mumbles.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 02:14 PM   #443
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

10c is quite a large variance between core 5 and core 1. I'd be inclined to re-mount the AIO.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 04:44 PM   #444
Megaman
Packing heat!

Yeah I don't like the gap between those temps. Really cbfed re-doing the thermal paste on this but I'm sure I'll cave soon.

Cinebench run this morning. For increased street cred points, I managed a 21255 score

Old Dec 24, 2021, 05:05 PM   #445
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I'd re-mount and unlock power limits, should be fine.

Besides that, how's your new system? Must be a decent upgrade over 8700k/GTX1080
Old Dec 24, 2021, 05:09 PM   #446
Megaman
Packing heat!

Yeah the system is great. Everything just runs smooth. I can't complain.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 05:10 PM   #447
demo
space cadet

Old Dec 24, 2021, 06:15 PM   #448
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I'm so tempted to upgrade, but I'm waiting for the refresh, and hopefully better DDR5 availability. Those scores are awesome man! Enjoy.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2021, 10:05 PM   #449
Megaman
Packing heat!

Turned off power limits, reaching 186 watts now. Cinebench R23 again, one core maxed out at 81 degrees, the others were low/mid/high 70s.

Managed a 22412 score at stock CPU/Memory speeds (XMP 2). Not bad.
Old Dec 25, 2021, 11:14 PM   #450
KAC

That’s a tight score. Almost like my 5900X if I remember correctly.