Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Feb 6, 2022, 01:08 PM   #931
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete stranger

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Looks like a better boost clock tho and being aircooled should be cheaper than the LC ver... maybe...

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-rade...nd-tbp-of-350w

I suppose they refined or binned the 7nm process over time.
I really can't see the point of either the 3090ti or 6950XT. The next gen is due within the next 12 months or less so just wait for that. IMHO these refreshes are just pointless.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2022, 02:52 PM   #932
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
I really can't see the point of either the 3090ti or 6950XT. The next gen is due within the next 12 months or less so just wait for that. IMHO these refreshes are just pointless.
agreed

but i think july, august or maybe september latest for the 7000's

the 7970 came out in July 22 and was a good card
they should try hard for the same release day for the 7900 xt
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2022, 03:56 PM   #933
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
agreed

but i think july, august or maybe september latest for the 7000's

the 7970 came out in July 22 and was a good card
they should try hard for the same release day for the 7900 xt
My best guess is AMD launches in August of '22 and nVidia late September.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 6, 2022, 05:44 PM   #934
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
My best guess is AMD launches in August of '22 and nVidia late September.
and if the Navi 31 at about 400 watts

https://wccftech.com/amd-rdna-3-gpu-...ithic-designs/

is faster than lovelace at 750 watts

do you think lovelace will be delayed ?
Old Feb 6, 2022, 06:54 PM   #935
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

No, nV will launch and their PR machine will go into overdrive.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 08:00 PM   #936
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
No, nV will launch and their PR machine will go into overdrive.
if that thing is 700 to 1000 watts not even NVidia's PR machine can fold space and bend time or hyperdrive thru a star to make that look good

at nvidia lovelace press conference when the Jacket holds up the card someone should stand and say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEfIYZox1GM

Last edited by bill dennison : Feb 6, 2022 at 08:23 PM.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 08:25 PM   #937
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I cant believe either will use that much power... isnt nvidia on tsmc 5nm next time?

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2022, 08:44 PM   #938
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
I cant believe either will use that much power... isnt nvidia on tsmc 5nm next time?
Quote:
NVIDIA’s Next-Gen Ada Lovelace ‘GeForce RTX 40’ GPUs Could Be Twice As Fast & Twice As Power Hungry Than Ampere
they have been warring about high power for months now
what is the 3090's max power draw 450+

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-next-gen...y-than-ampere/

https://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...ount-of-power/

i think they are pushing lovelace to the max to stay up with AMD and MCM with a monolithic GPU and a big one even at 5nm

i hope RDNA 3 will be a lot better off on and not over 500 watts
Old Feb 7, 2022, 07:56 AM   #939
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
if that thing is 700 to 1000 watts not even NVidia's PR machine can fold space and bend time or hyperdrive thru a star to make that look good

at nvidia lovelace press conference when the Jacket holds up the card someone should stand and say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEfIYZox1GM

Old Feb 7, 2022, 07:59 AM   #940
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
they have been warring about high power for months now
what is the 3090's max power draw 450+

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-next-gen...y-than-ampere/

https://www.digitaltrends.com/comput...ount-of-power/

i think they are pushing lovelace to the max to stay up with AMD and MCM with a monolithic GPU and a big one even at 5nm

i hope RDNA 3 will be a lot better off on and not over 500 watts
Damn. When it gets to the point that your GPU needs to be on its own 15A circuit, I'm out.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2022, 09:55 AM   #941
acroig
Troll SMod

Let's stay on focus please. What people buy or don't buy does not belong in this thread.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:01 AM   #942
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Damn. When it gets to the point that your GPU needs to be on its own 15A circuit, I'm out.
i hope it uses 1.21gigawatts and creates enough energy for time travel!

How the hell do these things use up so much power?

I remember back in the olden days we approached 300w and that was considered high. But it seemed like each new generation tried to keep it around 300 or less

My R9 290 tops up at i think 275watts.....my 6600 is like half that.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:12 AM   #943
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
i hope it uses 1.21gigawatts and creates enough energy for time travel!

How the hell do these things use up so much power?

I remember back in the olden days we approached 300w and that was considered high. But it seemed like each new generation tried to keep it around 300 or less

My R9 290 tops up at i think 275watts.....my 6600 is like half that.

Nitro+ 5700XT barely touches 225W. With the fans it might peak at 250W. Hell, looking at my logs my brokedick Vega 64 OC mega-heater stayed under 250W (plus fan).
Old Feb 14, 2022, 01:26 PM   #944
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
AMD, Nvidia GPU Pricing Trends Lower as Supply Improves
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/gp...upply-improves
Old Feb 14, 2022, 04:03 PM   #945
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

In the EU mostly it seems. But its a good sign.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Feb 14, 2022, 04:41 PM   #946
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Noticed that stock seems to be a non-issue in Canada today... seems like both Canada Computers and Memory Express have all the various 6xx0 stuff in-stock. ME has even opened back up on-line ordering for it

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2022, 01:07 PM   #947
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete stranger

ATI Technologies

If my 850w power supply isn't sufficient I'm out. I'll happily stick with what I've got or go back to AMD if 7900 is reasonable.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2022, 01:41 PM   #948
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

No more stock issues for AMD cards, now they need to start selling them for at least close to what AMD.com has for prices!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2022, 01:49 PM   #949
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
No more stock issues for AMD cards, now they need to start selling them for at least close to what AMD.com has for prices!
Yeah, good luck with that!
Old Feb 15, 2022, 08:41 PM   #950
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Yeah, good luck with that!
If they remain in stock the prices have to go down
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2022, 09:04 PM   #951
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Quote:
If they remain in stock the prices have to go down
More than a few 6900XT's at Microcenter dropped over $200 today. The Toxic 6900XT I've had my eye on dropped from $1799 to $1579.

Imagine spending $1579 on a GPU to enable ray tracing in Dying Light 2, only to get 30 FPS at 1440p.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 09:48 PM   #952
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Meh price went up 50$ here at newegg. Long ways from the $1000 msrp.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Feb 16, 2022, 08:01 AM   #953
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Imagine spending $1579 on a GPU to enable ray tracing in Dying Light 2, only to get 30 FPS at 1440p.
If you want to play wit RT you need nVidia RTX and DLSS for the FPS.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 08:33 AM   #954
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post
If my 850w power supply isn't sufficient I'm out. I'll happily stick with what I've got or go back to AMD if 7900 is reasonable.
ASRock recommends a 1000w power supply for this 6900XT Formula OC but it seems to run just fine with 850w. I think manufacturers overestimate this on purpose for customers who have a ton of other devices competing for power.
Quote:
The AMD drop currently requires the use of anti captcha services and queue buster software to have any shot at getting one on Thursday morning. It's a total sh1t show every single time and these services are completely hammered during the drops.

If the stock situation is really improving it sure isn't for reference cards. They are sold out on 6800 cards within a few minutes every time. That is if you can even get a ticket with low wait time which is right up against impossible.
Quote:
More than a few 6900XT's at Microcenter dropped over $200 today. The Toxic 6900XT I've had my eye on dropped from $1799 to $1579.
Was it the limited or the extreme? I almost picked up a limited at one point until I found out only the extreme has the XTXH chip.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2022, 08:49 AM   #955
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Was it the limited or the extreme? I almost picked up a limited at one point until I found out only the extreme has the XTXH chip.
Looks like the extreme is LC only? The price on that dropped $300 as well to $1789 or something.

SKU for the $1579 card is 11308-11-20G (damn looks like NewEgg wants $2100+ for it)

https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/cons...t-ac-16g-gddr6

EDIT: The aforementioned LC Toxic is the limited edition. It's listed at $1729.

Last edited by Crawdaddy79 : Feb 16, 2022 at 09:04 AM.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 08:52 AM   #956
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
SKU for the $1579 card is 11308-11-20G (damn looks like NewEgg wants $2100+ for it)
That company needs a new name. StealEgg? ShadyEgg?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 08:54 AM   #957
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Quote:
RottenEgg
Old Feb 16, 2022, 09:12 AM   #958
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
RottenEgg
Winner!
Old Feb 17, 2022, 07:38 AM   #959
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
EDIT: The aforementioned LC Toxic is the limited edition. It's listed at $1729.
https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/cons...t-ee-16g-gddr6

11308-08-20G

This is the only XTXH equipped sapphire card from what I've read. The air cooled version, and the LC limited edition, both have fine boost clocks but are not XTXH.

$2400 on newegg. And while I would like to have one, and it would be better than my ASRock Formula, that much money was pushing it even for me and I have very little restraint when it comes to this stuff.

It might be cheaper to get a Formula OC and then just put a water block on it.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2022, 08:38 AM   #960
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
NewLeg

For all your computer needs, all you need to do is give up your current leg and get a NewLeg
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote