Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Jan 27, 2022, 01:47 PM   #871
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
@sykes I never want to see Trunks angry, EVER!!!!
Dont mess with the Incredible Trunks.
Where his skin turns green and he grows into a giant monstrous muscle bound monster. The only difference between the Incredble Trunks and the Incredible Hulk is that Trunk's pants doesnt stretch and expand...they just....break apart.......
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2022, 05:38 PM   #872
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled withNascar24 is not someone to be trifled with

Wow a lot of AMD cards in stock now at local Microcenter, haven’t seen that in a long time, still all over priced though.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2022, 05:57 PM   #873
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
I went to check on availability on 6600/6600XT

Was able to pick up a 6600 non XT, not my preferred but this ****'s expensive.

I basically said screw it and got it just cuz it was available.

i hope my timing isnt off in terms of availability, and pricing....
If price drops actually do happen sometime in the future it might be like our housing market here in the city where there was a time it did drop but not nearly as much as anyone hoped...then it stabilizes and kind of went up and down from there.....
Update your siggy! and congrats

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 27, 2022, 10:57 PM   #874
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Wow a lot of AMD cards in stock now at local Microcenter, haven’t seen that in a long time, still all over priced though.

In EU the prices begun to drop already.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 10:59 PM   #875
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
@sykes I never want to see Trunks angry, EVER!!!!
badsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2022, 11:57 PM   #876
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshSasquach kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Update your siggy! and congrats
thanks

I'll update it once I install it , probably this weekend
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Jan 28, 2022, 01:12 AM   #877
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
thanks

I'll update it once I install it , probably this weekend
You couldn't wait another 5 months for the new gens

Last edited by badsykes : Jan 28, 2022 at 01:18 AM.
badsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2022, 08:37 AM   #878
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsykes View Post
Yes but what makes you think you'll be able to get one at launch?
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2022, 08:38 AM   #879
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
It'll be longer than 5 months (5ish months for announcement, 1month high end availability) before we see anything in the realm of 300 dollars....which is likely next year if the release timeline is consistent with the RDNA2 timeline.

especially with the rumored price increases due to fab production, and then theres an assumption everything could goes back to pre-pandemic levels of production....with so much disruption it seems unlikely in 2022.....its hard to tell but im not banking on uncertainty.

And no i couldnt wait
Just like how i got my car. could have waited several months for the new generation to be out but i couldnt wait and dont regret it
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Jan 28, 2022, 08:42 AM   #880
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
And thats the only time you would be able to get one at a reasonable price....once that initial allotment is gone....so are the MSRP prices
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Jan 28, 2022, 09:21 AM   #881
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:

I see ebay full of reference AMD models.Most likely they got them at MSRP and sell them for profit on ebay.
Also there are new cards in stock.The availability is decent.The prices are not.If the avalability is beggining to get at ok-ish level i have high hopes that the next gen launch will be more than just a paper launch.
Another thing is if both AMD and Nvidia do another paper launch after the big problems from 2020 the reputation will go downhill big time.They will get backlash.
Many people upgraded from 2020 out of desperation so they got a card actually.If you already have a 3080 will you upgrade again in 2022 ?
Old Jan 28, 2022, 11:06 AM   #882
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Even before the madness, even going all the way back to when Radeon hardware was not part of AMD and was ATi, a Canadian company, we didn't get the products at proper pricing . So par for the course.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2022, 11:53 AM   #883
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Local MicroCenter full of AMD cards today. 6600, 6800, 6900, I was impressed. Did not check pricing, just saw them all on case.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2022, 05:56 PM   #884
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Local MicroCenter full of AMD cards today. 6600, 6800, 6900, I was impressed. Did not check pricing, just saw them all on case.

and best buy and newegg online

the Jackets worst nightmare

still can't get a 3080 easily but from Ebay for twice MSRP or more
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2022, 06:07 PM   #885
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Ya but still crazy prices... they want 600$ CAD for a 3050 up here...

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2022, 06:14 PM   #886
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Ya but still crazy prices... they want 600$ CAD for a 3050 up here...
seems AMD is getting lots of very good chips they are all 6900's

as for the aftermarket cards they seem to be only making the top end cards
can't say i blame them make more money from what you get
Old Jan 28, 2022, 06:57 PM   #887
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Cant get a 6900 under 2k up here... its half the 3090 and way cheaper than a 3080 but still

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jan 28, 2022, 07:40 PM   #888
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Cant get a 6900 under 2k up here... its half the 3090 and way cheaper than a 3080 but still
the binned XTXH chip6900 xt's seem to be easy to get but about 1550 here
that is about 2000 in your plastic money
Old Jan 28, 2022, 08:53 PM   #889
pax
Rage3D Spammer

Im starting to think its monopoly money

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jan 29, 2022, 07:23 AM   #890
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

After seeing this video i am waiting to see how the summer will be for gpu market.If ETH 2.0 will come online then a masive number of gpu's will be offloaded on ebay.

How to Prepare for Mining After Ethereum 2.0 (Do THIS before ETH 2.0)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-zKc06R5C0
Old Jan 29, 2022, 11:46 AM   #891
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

That's a big if though, for how many years have they said it's coming next year?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2022, 12:02 PM   #892
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
That's a big if though, for how many years have they said it's coming next year?
I personally haven't followed this eth 2.0 stuff.I am not a miner.
The truth is the prices of the gpu's have lowered in EU.
From 20 december an 6800xt dropped from 1700 euro to 1199 euro in 29 january.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 12:03 PM   #893
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete stranger

ATI Technologies

badsykes "If you already have a 3080 will you upgrade again in 2022 ?".

Possibly it depends on the price of the 4080/4090 and performance gains. If they're above 50% maybe but below no thanks. Rumor sites are stating twice as fast and if that's the case I'm in.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2022, 12:57 PM   #894
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post

Possibly it depends on the price of the 4080/4090 and performance gains. If they're above 50% maybe but below no thanks. Rumor sites are stating twice as fast and if that's the case I'm in.
just got a 6900 xt and will still buy a 7900 xt if it is as good as they say

but then i run two systems and upkeep on my sisters

so i will give my 6900xt or 2080 ti to my sister
more than likely the 6900 xt so i keep one NV card in my backup system since i don't plan on buying NV till Hopper
Old Jan 29, 2022, 02:24 PM   #895
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHawkwind View Post

I am curious if you can stop yourself even if it's less than 50%.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:06 AM   #896
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
If ETH 2.0 will come online then a masive number of gpu's will be offloaded on ebay.
They are still saying June and I agree there will be a flood of gpus hitting ebay which will crash the price. Anyone who isn't afraid to take the IMO overstated risk on a gpu that was used for mining will be getting a very cheap upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
just got a 6900 xt
Same here the sapphire 6800xt is back mining and I upgraded to another asrock 6900 in my desktop pc. This time a xtxh chip.

Which one did you pick up?

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:17 AM   #897
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
They are still saying June and I agree there will be a flood of gpus hitting ebay which will crash the price. Anyone who isn't afraid to take the IMO overstated risk on a gpu that was used for mining will be getting a very cheap upgrade.

Same here the sapphire 6800xt is back mining and I upgraded to another asrock 6900 in my desktop pc. This time a xtxh chip.

Which one did you pick up?
same

ASRock OC Formula Radeon RX 6900 XT
1549 at newegg w/ 2 games
way too much

but it is a nice card and quiet
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:24 AM   #898
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Super, congrats. It is the best air cooled xtxh you can buy from what I was reading. The sapphire toxic extreme is amazing but $2000+ if you can find it in stock is really pushing it even for me.

Been impressed with it so far. If you play around with overclocks at some point let me know what you get.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2022, 11:36 AM   #899
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Super, congrats. It is the best air cooled xtxh you can buy from what I was reading. The sapphire toxic extreme is amazing but $2000+ if you can find it in stock is really pushing it even for me.

Been impressed with it so far. If you play around with overclocks at some point let me know what you get.
i was looking at this

https://www.newegg.com/xfx-radeon-rx...4004-_-Product

and the PowerColor Liquid Devil but i can't give them to my sister when i get a 7900 xt
or use them in the bike VR rig
Old Feb 1, 2022, 12:32 AM   #900
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

dammitall...i was ready to install my 6600 but its gotta wait a bit longer....

My first problem was i have an oldass monitor with a DVI output but i had solved that with a unused DVI > DP adapter i had lying around work.
IN hindsight it might have been a better idea to get a new monitor first before a GFX card.....
I have been looking at some models but my specific criteria had been 27" and 144hz but i havent found one with that combination at a price i liked yet....plus i have been flip flopping whether to go ultrawide 34" with 144hz which i was set on for awhile before i changed my mind and thought a single 27" would be better.....

Anyways now i was ready to plug this bad boy in and I find out my wifi card is in the way...... Its already in the furthest slot away from the GPU slot so i cant do anything about it. This new 6600 is a bit taller than the R9 290 i have (but its also shorter and lighter). The R9 JUST clears the wifi card taking up 2 slots but the 6600 wont as it takes up a little more than 2 slots.

My PC isnt close to any ethernet ports nor do i have a ethernet cable long enough to reach.
Gah more hindsight that i should have gotten a USB wifi adapter rather than going the internal PCI-E route way back when i bought it.

bleh....theres always something......
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM