Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Jul 1, 2021, 09:52 AM   #691
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Newegg has had stock for nvidia and amd for a while now, last couple months at least, but prices are still insane. Some of them seem to stay on store shelves because they dont go out of stock.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2021, 04:30 PM   #692
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete stranger

ATI Technologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
I think so. The last three times I've walked into Microcenter, they've had cards. I went yesterday for some fittings while I was finishing up my loop, and they had a 3080TI TUF and a 3090 ZOTAC on the shelf. They've had a ton of AMD cards just sitting there, but that's probably more due to the prices being absurd. No one is paying $2600 for a 6900XT, just doesn't make sense.
Same in the UK. Seen quite a few 6700XT's still going for bonkers prices and some 6900XT's for £1,800. Also a few 3080Ti's for £1,800 and as you said they're not selling. Maybe people have had enough and voting with their wallet. Let's hope so.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2021, 05:14 PM   #693
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Availability is starting to pickup here as well. The prices are already starting to drop, but it's still mostly over the top. It will inevitably drop as things normalize and ether shifts away from GPU based mining.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 2, 2021, 07:28 PM   #694
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
Availability is starting to pickup here as well. The prices are already starting to drop, but it's still mostly over the top. It will inevitably drop as things normalize and ether shift away from GPU based mining.
Let's hope that deflationary spiral economists always talk about runs true in the next month or so. :hyper:
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2021, 01:43 AM   #695
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I ALMOST bought a 6700XT at the inflated price that was a little under double MSRP today. But snapped back to my sense, because it's just not worth it when I can wait this out.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Old Jul 5, 2021, 05:43 AM   #696
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
I ALMOST bought a 6700XT at the inflated price that was a little under double MSRP today. But snapped back to my sense, because it's just not worth it when I can wait this out.
Consider yourself smart. The current market is actually a pretty decent IQ filter.
Sound_Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2021, 08:51 AM   #697
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound_Card View Post
Consider yourself smart. The current market is actually a pretty decent IQ filter.
While there is something that can be said about being patient, I don't agree with this perspective.

Really smart people spend too much money on stupid **** all the time.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 12:00 PM   #698
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Now now lets not get ahead of ourselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
While there is something that can be said about being patient, I don't agree with this perspective.

Really smart people spend too much money on stupid **** all the time.
True. But these prices are dumb and the price/performance is absolute garbage because of it.

But I'm also leaving allot on the table. My R9 Fury's DP ports are busted, so I only have the HDMi 1.4 port. Leaving me stuck at 60Hz when my display is capable of 144Hz over DP

System:
Old Jul 5, 2021, 02:06 PM   #699
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

News article perpetuating a deflationary spiral (hopefully): https://wccftech.com/dont-buy-a-gpu-...a-price-crash/

TLDR: GPU prices currently at 6 month low and should keep dropping.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 02:11 PM   #700
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Now just look at a chart for Ether and look at that chart from WCC. Now factor the trends for Crypto. Ether is moving away from GPU based mining and China is cracking down to regulate Crypto currency. Lets see how it plays out.

System:
Old Jul 5, 2021, 05:58 PM   #701
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Why a 6700XT? Are the prices in Canada that much worse than the States?
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2021, 07:03 PM   #702
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Why a 6700XT? Are the prices in Canada that much worse than the States?
The pricing is insane. I just happened to see a 6700 XT in stock that I could get. Right now a 6700XT is just under to over $1000 cad assuming you can even get one. The 6800 is similar to about $1500 +/- cad and the 6900 series is mostly over $2000 cad.

Once stock levels get higher, I'll likely go with a Radeon RX 6800 or better as things settle out. Big upgrades in my future as I also need to upgrade my CPU, Mobo and ram situation as well

System:
Old Jul 5, 2021, 07:32 PM   #703
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

AIB 6700XTs are going for like $900-$1000 in the U.S. too. It's like the AIBs took the 6800XT MSRP and used it for the 6700XT and then added their usual upcharge plus the 10% tarrif on top of that.

At this point I basically have zero loyalty or sympathy for any of the AIBs. I hope GPU prices crater and it cuts their profits to zero.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2021, 08:26 AM   #704
Falck
Radeon R520

Falck is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
At this point I basically have zero loyalty or sympathy for any of the AIBs. I hope GPU prices crater and it cuts their profits to zero.
Make that "cuts their profits to loss" IMO.
Falck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2021, 09:17 AM   #705
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'pax once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
The pricing is insane. I just happened to see a 6700 XT in stock that I could get. Right now a 6700XT is just under to over $1000 cad assuming you can even get one. The 6800 is similar to about $1500 +/- cad and the 6900 series is mostly over $2000 cad.

Once stock levels get higher, I'll likely go with a Radeon RX 6800 or better as things settle out. Big upgrades in my future as I also need to upgrade my CPU, Mobo and ram situation as well
Yeah Im due for an update for the main rig. Gonna try and keep the ram and m2 with a simple mobo, cpu and gpu update as I want in on the win 11 gaming specs early. Tho if not possible that last can wait a bit. Vega 64 isnt that bad for 1440p and with FSR has been given a year of life to it imo. So maybe just mobo and cpu.

As for the security issue I dont think we can have too much security. As long as perf hit isnt more than ~5% I think its well worth it. AI viruses are gonna hammer at our rigs pretty soon if not already. There has to be a reason why MS is upping security that much this time.

Its why I avoid torrents or other dodgy things on the main rig. Dont mind it on the htpc's which this 1700x is due to move to.

And gonna have some moolah burning a hole in my pocket soon. Semi retired last Friday so severance is 21 000 and last paycheck is ~4 000. But damn if I pay more than 600$ for a gpu.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 21.6.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Jul 6, 2021, 10:29 AM   #706
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsNunz glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
AIB 6700XTs are going for like $900-$1000 in the U.S. too. It's like the AIBs took the 6800XT MSRP and used it for the 6700XT and then added their usual upcharge plus the 10% tarrif on top of that.

For some of the AIBs the tariffs were just about 25% I believe. ASUS was one of them if I'm not mistaken, plus the increased cost of parts to build the PCBs and get the components in, etc.

I don't think the prices will drop too much. Things are just expensive right now, that's how the market is. It'll take another year or two for the supply chain to get back in full motion, I think.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jul 7, 2021, 10:35 AM   #707
erple2
vobadm

erple2 is still being judged by the masses

Here's hoping that my existing GPU (from 2016) doesn't stop working. That would be ... unfortuante ... if that broke in the near future. That'd be another class of people that are stuck getting a GPU right now as prices are silly-expensive.

I'll look into some updates if Windows 11 really does require "Trusted Computing" components. But a GTX1080 is "good enough" for now. My monitor is only 60Hz anyway, and just about everything plays just fine.

A 6800XT is what I was planning on migrating to when I do an update, though. It fits my (terrible pre-2002) -> ATI (2002) -> ATI (2006) -> NVidia (2008) -> AMD (2010) -> NVidia (2016) -> next GPU swapping pattern just fine.

But then that means new CPU, RAM and MoBo, too. Well, CPU and MoBo, if I want to reuse this existing RAM. But then I couldn't give to my kid for him to build his first PC.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 05:38 PM   #708
LordHawkwind
Harbinger of Doom

LordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete strangerLordHawkwind once held a door open for a complete stranger

ATI Technologies

Quote:

Nagorak it's not just the AIB's scalping don't forget the retailers. Some retailers in the UK are charging stupid amounts to inflate their profits that's capitalism mate. Probably same all over the globe. It's supply and demand basically and demand is off the scale.

Without AIB's we'd be left with Made by AMD cards and Nvidia FE. How much do you think they'd charge us for those cards Plus cooling, O/C and acoustics would not matter any more as we would have no AIB choice.

I bought a Sapphire Fury Tri-Ex which was a great AIB card and then a Vega 64 reference which was bad and then a Sapphire AIB Pulse 5700XT which was also great.

Sorry but I don't want to ever buy a reference card again. I currently own a KFA2 SG (Galaxy brand) 3090 which cost me 10% over MSRP which is a premium I'm happy to pay for an AIB card. Happy days. Not bragging just saying.
Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS Prime X470 Pro, KFA2 RTX 3090 SG, 16GB Crucial DDR4 LPX 3000 Ram, iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU 3440x1440 freesync 144hz, 250gb Samsung SSD, 750mb Seagate SSHD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda H/D, 1 TB Samsung H/D, 850w PSU, Windows 10
LordHawkwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2021, 08:11 PM   #709
Nagorak

Nagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwardsNagorak can recite pi backwards

I agree in general about the reference cards. In the past, especially when they were blowers, I wanted nothing to do with then. However, I have a 6800XT reference and I can tell you that this gen's reference design is actually pretty good.
Old Jul 11, 2021, 06:54 PM   #710
Sound_Card
Banned

Sound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySound_Card can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

nVidia

stock is picking up a bit and prices coming down a bit.
Old Jul 12, 2021, 03:27 PM   #711
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
stock is picking up a bit and prices coming down a bit.
it's a bit late

RDNA 3 is what 6 to 10 months out
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2021, 04:05 PM   #712
Sound_Card
Banned

nVidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
it's a bit late

RDNA 3 is what 6 to 10 months out
Not gonna stop me from picking up a 6600.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 10:43 AM   #713
pax
Rage3D Spammer

To pick up on this it looks like the refresh will be decent moving onto 6nm from 7nm which would not just improve clocks and power consumption but also improve stocks by running from a different fab line as they cant make enough 7nm of anything.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ra...force-rtx-3090

Quote:
The Radeon RX 6900 XTX will most likely use the Navi 21 XTXH silicon, which is the fastest out of the lot. On this occasion, the graphics card won't just arrive with improved clock speeds, but allegedly with faster memory as well. The slide claims that the Radeon RX 6900 XTX delivers a FP32 performance up to 24.93 TFLOPs. That's an 8% increase in comparison to the regular Radeon RX 6900 XT. Assuming that the amount of stream processors don't change (and they probably won't), the Radeon RX 6900 XTX should debut with a 2,435 MHz boost clock.

While the regular Radeon RX 6900 XT features 16 Gbps GDDR6 memory, the slide shows the Radeon RX 6900 XTX with 18 Gbps memory. The maximum theoretical memory bandwidth on the former works out to 512 GBps, while the latter is up to 576 GBps. Therefore, the Radeon RX 6900 XTX offers up to 13% higher throughput.
The next gen for both are over a year away so a refresh makes sense and this one looks better than most refreshes in the past.

www.realitysandwich.com

Old Aug 31, 2021, 12:25 PM   #714
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Still on a 256bit bus means that 16->18 means little to nothing.

I hope they managed to make the RT cores more efficient so the raytracing performance picks up a bit. I have no idea how much of a shrink the 6nm node is from 7nm.
Old Aug 31, 2021, 12:36 PM   #715
bill dennison
Rage3D Spammer

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
XFX Speedster MERC319 RX 6800 XT Black Edition Gaming Graphics Card
in stock $1,399.99
https://www.newegg.com/xfx-radeon-rx...82E16814150844
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2021, 07:45 AM   #716
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

That has been up for several days now and is still in stock. $1300+ 6800 cards are not selling like they once were. This is a good thing. The AIB cards seem stupid expensive to me over the reference.

Is there any way to actually find msrp for these AIB cards? Every time I've searched it's been a huge pita. Try finding msrp published for a powercolor 6800xt for example.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2021, 01:18 PM   #717
badsykes
Radeon Arctic Islands

badsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete strangerbadsykes once held a door open for a complete stranger

Cryptocurrency Mining Hardware Retailer Receives A Large Shipment Of PowerColor, Sapphire, & XFX AMD Radeon GPUs

Look at the pic in the article below.THis is where your AMD gpu's landed... Enjoy

https://wccftech.com/cryptocurrency-...d-radeon-gpus/
Old Sep 1, 2021, 07:52 PM   #718
Nagorak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
That has been up for several days now and is still in stock. $1300+ 6800 cards are not selling like they once were. This is a good thing. The AIB cards seem stupid expensive to me over the reference.

Is there any way to actually find msrp for these AIB cards? Every time I've searched it's been a huge pita. Try finding msrp published for a powercolor 6800xt for example.
Unfortunately a TUF 6800 XT was listed on Newegg yesterday for $1200 and it sold out after a few hours.
Old Sep 1, 2021, 07:58 PM   #719
Greasy
ODI

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I'm actually glad I didn't manage to snag one this gen. Apparently Destiny 2 runs like crap on them, after multiple patches. Maybe next gen...
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2021, 11:04 PM   #720
Nagorak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
I'm actually glad I didn't manage to snag one this gen. Apparently Destiny 2 runs like crap on them, after multiple patches. Maybe next gen...
This generation has really turned out to be **** on both AMD and Nvidia side. I know you're talking about a specific performance issue, but I'm talking about the actual cost that most cards have ended up going for.

The initial MSRP looked very favorable for Radeon 6000 and Nvidia 3000, but then it turned out you either had to pay double the MSRP, wait 6+ months to finally get lucky, or go to extreme lengths like camping outside of stores.

Ironically, looking back the overpriced 2080 Ti actually looks like a halfway decent deal.