Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 14, 2022, 02:55 AM   #1081
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Console King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post

Dice is done with 2042 as soon as they fulfill their season pass obligations.
100%. This game ain't going no where. This is it, what you see is what you get aside from a few bug fixes and a couple maps, skins, and weapons.

That said I secretly like it LoL. It's a crap game with weak content but it's fun. There's not many good crossplay games to play with console friends, but this is good in a squad of mates. Plus no one good plays it so I top score every second round.. Ha
Old Apr 15, 2022, 07:48 AM   #1082
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

They fix 400 things and will break 300 more.

I'm still playing this. Since they denied my refund the cheapskate side (yes, it does exist ragers) of me refuses to let it go until I get my $100 out of it.

It's more fun earlier in the evening and on weekends when there are fewer bots in the servers. Later in the evening on weeknights servers often start matches with at least 50% bots. Half way through the round that is less of an issue as more humans have joined.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2022, 08:05 AM   #1083
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default Almost everyone at DICE working on 2042 fixes?

acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 16, 2022, 06:46 PM   #1084
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Took em 6 months to fix hovercraft climbing up walls. Classic DICE, moving slower than a snail.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2022, 09:02 AM   #1085
Riptide

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I've never actually seen that happen fwiw. And I'm a level 88 and have 104 hours in it. Tons of conquest and breakthrough.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:35 AM   #1086
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:45 AM   #1087
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Fix the maps, relaunch the game.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:46 AM   #1088
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Fix the maps, relaunch the game.
Game is dead, Jim.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 11:51 AM   #1089
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Game is dead, Jim.
I know, they need some PR points though, abandoning three games in a row is not a good look.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 12:01 PM   #1090
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
I know, they need some PR points though, abandoning three games in a row is not a good look.
, RIP Dice
Old Apr 19, 2022, 05:41 AM   #1091
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Hahaha Demo I took you out from the roof and T bagged ya.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2022, 07:24 AM   #1092
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
ROFL
Old Apr 19, 2022, 08:38 AM   #1093
demo
space cadet

demo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieseldemo exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Onya buddy

Gameplay feels more polished but really this is how it should have been released. Maps still suck for the most part. Less attack vehicles is definitely better.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 01:23 PM   #1094
Riptide

The murder machine that is the Bolte needs a big nerf. The thing is just ridiculous. Is this a wargame or a crash up derby? I see they did try and make the gunner position easier to target.

It should only take (2) RPG to take out a Bolte. Not 3. And usually it takes 3.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Apr 19, 2022, 07:03 PM   #1095
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Played 3 rounds last night using DLDSR 4K, game was smooth, felt nice to play and also seemed like there were noticeable gameplay improvements however I can’t tell you what has improved since I put this down for months.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 12:18 PM   #1096
acroig
Troll SMod

Old Apr 28, 2022, 06:50 AM   #1097
Riptide

Played a round of breakthrough 128 recently and team lost by 2 tickets. Was a breaker... Ended up high on the scoreboard though.

K30 is insanely effective close in.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Apr 28, 2022, 06:57 AM   #1098
Megaman
Packing heat!

Sat directly under a hovering helicopter and could barely hear it. The audio in this sucks balls. Nothing like Bf 3/4/V.

The cringe comments are also cringing me too much I look like I aged another 15 years.

Just plain ****.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 07:11 AM   #1099
demo
space cadet

Sound is OK for me, I can hear directional audio just fine.

On another note, BFtracker now works for this title.

Small clip - my mate (on PS5 mind you) takes out the #1 chopper pilot in the world. That's me on the right about to get smashed by the chopper when my mate saves me.. heheh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq06Z_2NAIw
Old Apr 28, 2022, 08:54 AM   #1100
Riptide

He hit that chopper with an RGB? I'd like to see him do that 5x in a row lol good luck.

Nice though. Little birds, when effectively wielded, are a total nuisance in this game just like they were in previous ones. I'd have to rank them even higher than the M5 Bolte as far as that goes. For an infantry man, they are a nightmare.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Apr 28, 2022, 09:14 AM   #1101
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Sound is OK for me, I can hear directional audio just fine.

On another note, BFtracker now works for this title.

Small clip - my mate (on PS5 mind you) takes out the #1 chopper pilot in the world. That's me on the right about to get smashed by the chopper when my mate saves me.. heheh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq06Z_2NAIw

Theres probably like 5 chopper pilots playing the game. Not impressed.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2022, 09:25 AM   #1102
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
He hit that chopper with an RGB? I'd like to see him do that 5x in a row lol good luck.

Nice though. Little birds, when effectively wielded, are a total nuisance in this game just like they were in previous ones. I'd have to rank them even higher than the M5 Bolte as far as that goes. For an infantry man, they are a nightmare.

Well yeh, it's a tough shot but we get a few.. But more so the fact he nailed the #2 player in the world (#1 chopper pilot) was pretty good.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bf204...ts/all/default

My friend is skilled with controller.. it's insane really. We used to play competition CS and COD4 on PC, but he switched to PS4/5 and has become a monster with controller.. I have no idea how he does it.

This is against PC players:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRmu1m9VTYs
Old Apr 28, 2022, 09:26 AM   #1103
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Theres probably like 5 chopper pilots playing the game. Not impressed.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 09:29 AM   #1104
demo
space cadet

For reference, this guy was #1 medic in the world in BF1.. all platforms. And I was #250 for score per min. We go OK.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 09:30 AM   #1105
Mangler
PC

Dice should copy cod and let lightly armored flying vehicles get ****ED up by LMGS.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 09:41 AM   #1106
demo
space cadet

TBH they are severely OP.. they should require a gunner to fire weapons at least.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 01:43 PM   #1107
Riptide

I agree.

M5 Boltes are even worse in this game though. All you need to be able to do is take a vehicle and drive it in 2D through walls. And you basically have yourself a one man wrecking crew murder machine that takes 3 RPGs to stop.

Totally we todd ed.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old May 19, 2022, 07:16 PM   #1108
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
DICE formally drop its 128-player “Breakthrough” mode

Quote:
BATTLEFIELD 2042 UPDATE #4.1

OK pre-order suckers and DICE hating No-Pats,

Update 4.1 releases on May 19. The focus for this update is to deliver further fixes, and Quality of Life improvements, as well as to update our All-Out Warfare rotations, alongside some balance changes to weapons and Specialists.

Here’s a summary of some our key changes:

The overall power of Boris’s SG-36 Sentry Gun has been reduced
Angel can no longer provide Armor Plates via his Supply Bag
Stock weapons now handle better through improved base recoil. To compensate, we’ve slightly reduced the recoil benefits provided by attachments
All-Out Warfare playlists have been updated with new setups, removing Breakthrough 128 from the list of options on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PC only, with more detail on the changes further down the page.
Up next in our update schedule is the release of Season 1, currently set for release in early June. We’ll be back with a full overview and Update Notes closer to its release.

To stay informed on the roll out of Update 4.1, you can follow us on the @BattlefieldComm Twitter account. You can also follow along with our tracking of Known Issues and game changes that we’re able to make in real time on our Battlefield forums.

Thank you,

The Battlefield Team

Update 0.4.1

Fixes, Changes, and Improvements

General

Vehicle Aim Sensitivity and Transport Vehicle Freelook Sensitivity Controller settings now always correctly apply their effects
Aim Assist has been improved while aiming at moving targets
Aim Assist should no longer incorrectly acquire targets through thin obstacles
When not ranking up, you should no longer see the “You have been promoted screen” during End of Round
Delivered improvements that help to reduce input lag
Adjusted Trigger Weight to ensure that inputs feel more responsive when applying successive inputs
Audio

The Announcer Voice Over for Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 3 experiences has been remastered, and now includes new radio sound effects
Battlefield Portal

Specialists will now correctly display animations during the End of Round screen while in Battlefield Portal modes
Made the following changes to Hardcore Templates within the Battlefield Builder to align them with our Featured Experience offerings.
Enabled HUD in Hardcore Templates
Disabled Mini-map and Compass in Hardcore Templates
Gadgets

Hitting enemies with EMP effects now correctly triggers Player Disrupted XP
Removed placement delay for deployable gadgets so they now appear instantly
Deployable gadgets are now easier to deploy
Insertion Beacon

The size of the Insertion Beacon has been increased so it’s easier to see
The Insertion Beacon is now visible from further away
Modes

In this update, we’re making multiple updates to the All-Out Warfare rotations. Our leading change is the removal of the 128 player version of Breakthrough. When reviewing the available experiences in All-Out Warfare, we felt that the 128 player modes are better suited for Conquest where gameplay spaces are larger, and where you have a more natural fit for sandbox gameplay.

In Breakthrough’s 128 player mode, we feel that the value and impact of an individual player, and squad is reduced due to the increased intensity and chaos of the combat.

When reviewing Breakthrough, we noted that the 64 player version represented a more tactical experience. Reducing our player count here helps to remove some of the chaos from the experience, and in combination with the reductions that we have made to the number of available combat vehicles, it means players are better able to hold frontlines more effectively. Players will also find more space to work together and fulfill their individual roles

As a result, squads in Breakthrough 64 have a better opportunity to work together, to flank the enemy, place a spawn beacon, use their plus menu to attach suppressors, then clear, and hold a point - one squad helping turn the tide as an example. We believe that the move to 64 players will bring back the pacing that helps celebrate these moments of teamwork and PTFOing, and will be keeping a close eye on how our changes help to improve the experience ahead of the start of Season 1.

Further changes
Breakthrough 64 for PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S now have set map sizes for specific maps:
Discarded, Manifest, Orbital, Kaleidoscope will play the 128 layout version
Hourglass, Breakaway, Renewal will play the 64 player layout version
Soldier

The Compass now expands while in ADS to improve its readability

Specialists

Angel

Angel will no longer be able to grant Armor Plates via his Supply Bag
Boris

Spotting via the SG-36 Sentry Gun now highlights spotted players via a red dot, and spotted enemies are now also visible for friendlies
The SG-36 Sentry Gun will no longer track players behind walls
Overall damage and health for the SG-36 Sentry Gun has been lowered
RPM reduced from 450 -> 250
Start Damage 16 -> 10
End Damage 10 -> 7
Fall Off Damage Range 50 -> 40
Projectile Speed 960 m/s -> 500 m/s
Health 200 -> 150
Lock-on time increased by 0.3 seconds
Target Forget Time 2 -> 1.5 seconds
Target lock-on range 65 -> 50m
Reload Speed 5.2 -> 4.2 seconds
Dozer

Bashing with the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield while inside smoke should now always deal damage
Irish

Fortification System recharge rate reduced from 25 -> 20 seconds

Weapons
Update 0.4.0 introduced an unintended change to the behavior of some weapons via incorrect values on their damage tables. In this update we’re restoring performance to its intended design and you should feel an overall improvement to weapon performance
The impact of recoil affecting attachments has been lowered, while base weapon recoil has been improved to compensate. This means weapons without attachments now handle better
Bolt Action Sniper breath control now lasts a max of 5 seconds, with an added 5 second penalty if used entirely
Underbarrel Attachments no longer affect weapon deploy speed
Overall horizontal recoil for DMR's has been reduced
Sidearms are now faster to deploy
AC42

Increased the AC42 distance damage dropoff at higher ranges
AK24

Removed the AK24 Semi Auto fire mode
Increased AK-24 Burst Mode rate of fire to 900RPM
NTW-50

Improved the NTW-50 effectiveness against vehicles
Added an additional damage multiple versus tank tracks
PKP-BP

Increased PKP-BP vertical recoil, and added a new horizontal recoil profile
SFAR-M GL

Improved the SFAR-M GL damage at short to medium range
Taking down an enemy now requires 5, instead of 4 bullets while at 20m
Decreased the SFAR-GL distance damage dropoff
SVK

Reduced SVK’s Horizontal recoil to make it easier to land follow-up shots
Increased the SVK distance damage dropoff past 40m
SVK’s High-Power Rounds damage lowered past 150m
Taking down an enemy now requires 3, instead of 2 bullets
Vehicles

Fixed a bug for no XP being rewarded when capturing an objective in a vehicle that wasn’t spawned via the Deploy Menu
Following the release of Update 0.4.0, we’re continuing to make balance adjustments to vehicle gameplay by updating the total number of vehicles that can be active at any time across maps in Conquest and Breakthrough.

Conquest 128:

Kaleidoscope - Reduced each teams light ground vehicle allocation by 1
Manifest - Reduced each teams light ground vehicle allocation by 1
Breakthrough 64:

Breakaway
Adjusted Sector 4 to reduce the Attackers number of Transport Air Vehicles by 1, and reduced the number of Heavy Ground Vehicles for Attackers and Defenders to 1
Manifest
Adjusted Sector 3 to remove the Defenders allocation of Transport Air Vehicles, and also reduced the number of Heavy Ground Vehicles for Attackers and Defenders by 1
Hourglass
Adjusted Sector 4 to reduce the Attackers and Defenders allocation of Heavy Ground Vehicles to 1, removed the Defending teams allocation of Transport and Combat Air Vehicles
Renewal:
Adjusted Sector 4 to reduce the Attackers and Defenders allocation of Heavy Ground Vehicles to 1
Orbital
Adjusted Sector 4 to reduce the Defenders allocation of Heavy Vehicles to 1
MAV

The MAV is now part of the Transport vehicle category
M5C Bolte

The M5C Bolte’s Missile Launcher no longer deals unintentional increased damage to air vehicles
The M5C Bolte is now part of the Armored vehicle category
Old May 19, 2022, 07:50 PM   #1109
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

apparently the patch is pretty trash

adds micro stutters to PC version
64 breakthrough takes place on the 128 version larger maps for some maps
"S" has been deleted from some of the hud messages

Can't believe Vanguard is into season 3 and 2042 hasn't even had its first season yet. DICE are reaching new levels of incompetence.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2022, 07:53 PM   #1110
Megaman
Packing heat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
"S" has been deleted from some of the hud messages

Is this because when you put a mirror to it, it resembles too closely to the letter Z?