Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:28 PM   #1021
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
eNforcer
Radeon Southern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

New weekly skin is a Russian helicopter skin, everyone is cheesed @ DICE for the timing because of current events.

eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2022, 12:30 PM   #1022
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

It's not the first time they dun goofed, they previously had a skin for boris that referenced the crimea invasion.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2022, 01:59 PM   #1023
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNforcer View Post
New weekly skin is a Russian helicopter skin, everyone is cheesed @ DICE for the timing because of current events.

Could be worse: a recipe-a-day site posted a "Grilled Meatloaf" recipe on the day Marvin Lee Aday ("Meat Loaf") died. According to the site it was scheduled weeks in advance.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 24, 2022, 04:15 PM   #1024
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

Remember when Epic Games' free game in Feb 2020 was called Pandemic? Wish they would have let us have it anyway.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2022, 04:16 PM   #1025
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Remember when Epic Games' free game in Feb 2020 was called Pandemic? Wish they would have let us have it anyway.
Seconded, great game.
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2022, 12:53 AM   #1026
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Attention the one person still playing this, the patch has been delayed until next week.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2022, 07:08 AM   #1027
acroig
Troll SMod

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Attention the one person still playing this, the patch has been delayed until next week.
, brutal.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 07:32 AM   #1028
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I've been playing on and off. Switched over to the K30 SMG just recently and am trying to get the grip and extended magazine unlocked.

I still have issues with random crashing in this game. Specifically, white directx hung gpu crash windows that pop up and kill the game. Can happen during play or even when just loading a map.

I've tried different drivers and set the GPU to defaults it doesn't matter. Still happens.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-...h/m-p/10950204

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2022, 07:33 AM   #1029
acroig
Troll SMod

It's like EA/DICE have abandoned this franchise.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 07:49 AM   #1030
Riptide

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Some people in that thread have mentioned lowering clocks, turning off XMP, reducing GPU power limits, etc. have resolved the problem for them.

My card is heavily boosted out of the box but I have it set to Default settings in the driver. The game can crash during play but also when loading a level. It's completely random. I am skeptical that it is a hardware issue.

The problem has gone on for months and 80+ pages. It won't be solved any time soon if ever. If you continue to play and this happens to you then you'll just need to live with it.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Mar 4, 2022, 08:02 AM   #1031
Riptide

I attempted the core downclock and it did not resolve the directx crash to desktop problem for me.

I gave up. I uninstalled. I asked for a refund. It was denied because I was over the ridiculous 2 hour limit that steam has as policy.

I'm asking again but I don't hold out much hope. If I had bought this off EA then I would've been tempted to push it through my credit card company. Since I got it off steam and don't want my account banned then I cannot play hardball.

I did post a nasty review though. lol

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Mar 4, 2022, 08:29 AM   #1032
acroig
Troll SMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
I attempted the core downclock and it did not resolve the directx crash to desktop problem for me.

I gave up. I uninstalled. I asked for a refund. It was denied because I was over the ridiculous 2 hour limit that steam has as policy.

I'm asking again but I don't hold out much hope. If I had bought this off EA then I would've been tempted to push it through my credit card company. Since I got it off steam and don't want my account banned then I cannot play hardball.

I did post a nasty review though. lol
Your issues is one of the many factors that prevented me from getting this trash, even for $20. Thanks for posting and saving me $.
Old Mar 6, 2022, 06:33 PM   #1033
Riptide

YW!

They have denied the refund so far and I've asked a few times. They are sticking to the 2 hour policy. That policy is criminal since obviously you cannot test fixes for bugs in a game in 2 hours of gameplay. Not even close to realistic.

So basically, their customers can spend money on games that have major issues and are essentially stuck with it. If I didn't want my account banned I'd be whining to my credit card company at this point and challenging that charge.

In any case while the directx crashes don't impact every client they do happen on both nvidia and amd hardware. However they seem to be worse with AMD or at least that's what I gather. Since I have a 3090 coming to test with I'll probably reload the game and see what happens since I'm stuck with it anyway.

An updated BF4 would've been all anyone needed to be happy and they have managed to screw this up so bad. The steam reviews are just flat ugly.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Mar 6, 2022, 06:53 PM   #1034
acroig
Troll SMod

Sorry to hear it, let us know if it's any better with the 3090.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 11:57 AM   #1035
eNforcer
Radeon Southern Islands

eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'eNforcer once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Patch 3.3 is tomorrow

New scoreboard:

General
  • Fixed a game crash that could occur on Origin or Xbox One when signing in/out while using an Xbox One controller
  • Setting “Chat” Key Bindings no longer requires a game restart to take effect
  • Adjusted Aim Assist on console to ensure that the system is in effect when analogue sticks are at 100% of their range. Previously it was only active at ranges below 100%
  • Fixed a bug where takedowns would not result in a kill on Xbox One and PlayStation®4
  • Established new location for our EU Data Centre as Frankfurt
Modes
  • Conquest & Breakthrough - fixed a bug where the Securing Objective XP-event was triggered even after a Capture Point was already fully captured
  • Hazard Zone - fixed a visual bug displaying squad mates during the match found sequence
  • Hazard Zone - fixed a bug where the End of Round XP gains sometimes didn’t trigger
And some crap for the people that paid too much for the game.

So basically a scoreboard which should have been there at launch and extremely minor bug fixes. From here on, I'll only be playing once a week for the Weekly mission. This game is toast. Elden Ring has my interest now anyways.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 12:16 PM   #1036
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

lol

I'm not touching 2042 again until they release the remastered version of the current maps.

Last edited by Mangler : Mar 7, 2022 at 12:28 PM.
Old Mar 7, 2022, 06:17 PM   #1037
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Did they not release the list of fixes or is that really all that's in the patch? DICE must have 2 or 3 people working on the game now.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 02:09 AM   #1038
eNforcer
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Did they not release the list of fixes or is that really all that's in the patch? DICE must have 2 or 3 people working on the game now.

That's the entire list, lol
Old Mar 10, 2022, 07:42 AM   #1039
Riptide

So I have this 3090 installed now. Will do some testing tomorrow and see if the directx crashes persist, which I expect they will.

I guess they have a scoreboard now? Progress lol. At this rate they'll get it all ironed out in about 4 years.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Mar 10, 2022, 04:57 PM   #1040
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMegaman can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The crashes will persist albeit not as often on NV cards. The issue is frequent in AMD cards.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2022, 05:13 PM   #1041
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Evileh once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
So I have this 3090 installed now. Will do some testing tomorrow and see if the directx crashes persist, which I expect they will.

I guess they have a scoreboard now? Progress lol. At this rate they'll get it all ironed out in about 4 years.
Yeah I finally got a processor that can run it and first 2 min i crashed i was like nope ahahhaha

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2022, 12:54 AM   #1042
KAC
All ur gays r belong 2 me

KAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsKAC glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Game really sucks when you can’t find a server in broad daylight over the weekend. Seems like Middle East, Europeans and Far East have all stopped playing.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2022, 10:28 AM   #1043
Riptide

I'm still testing but so far I have several hours into it and no crashes yet with the nvidia card and driver.

I do know people who have crashed with the directx error and nvidia setups so I think most likely the issue is still there just more of a problem with AMD cards and drivers.

AMD Ryzen 5950X
32GB GSkill PC 3600
ASUS TUF X570+ WiFi
MSI 3090Ti Suprim X
Old Mar 13, 2022, 03:15 PM   #1044
mizzer
Believing is Seeing

mizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete strangermizzer once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

The only thing that could save this now is opening it to modders.
mizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2022, 08:15 AM   #1045
Thr0tt
Radeon Arctic Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzer View Post
The only thing that could save this now is opening it to modders.
No, F2P may save it, that is all. Still waiting.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 08:26 AM   #1046
acroig
Troll SMod

Port all BF3/BF4 maps to it?
Old Mar 14, 2022, 11:56 AM   #1047
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chubz once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
No, F2P may save it, that is all. Still waiting.
Go F2P, ditch the Specialists for a full-on return to the standard class system, throw in a bunch of brand new maps, and re-brand the game as something else to get away from the now-tainted Battlefield 2042 name.

Never gonna happen though. This game is done.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 12:24 PM   #1048
Mangler
PC

Speaking of going F2P, is that WW3 game any good?
Old Mar 14, 2022, 04:02 PM   #1049
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

I don't think they'll dump specialists. They might go F2P for hazard zone and portal.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 12:17 PM   #1050
acroig
Troll SMod