Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 24, 2022, 04:36 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Default Metal Hellsinger

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...al_Hellsinger/

there is a demo worth playing. its a pretty nice mixed of doom and bullets per minute. Little too on the easy side but fun.

Also, its the product of one of the big guys behind bad company 2 and bf3.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 05:10 AM   #2
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That could be an awful lot of fun. I’m not into metal, but it seems a great fit for the game. The gameplay looked really tight and refined….might do
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2022, 06:13 AM   #3
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badgestheshadowcult doesn't need no stinkin' badges

even if you dont like metal, its absolutely worth trying the demo.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 24, 2022, 06:25 AM   #4
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
even if you dont like metal, its absolutely worth trying the demo.
I will be - I love that old school Doom/Painkiller type gameplay
Old Jun 24, 2022, 07:46 AM   #5
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
That could be an awful lot of fun. I’m not into metal, but it seems a great fit for the game.
it is, it also helps if you're a fan of the music

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2022, 08:22 AM   #6
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
it is, it also helps if you're a fan of the music
Probably
Old Jun 24, 2022, 08:44 AM   #7
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I will be - I love that old school Doom/Painkiller type gameplay
! Painkiller was awesome.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2022, 08:49 AM   #8
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
! Painkiller was awesome.
I’d love to scratch that itch again
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:19 AM   #9
xCLAVEx
FYI FTP BGI BOYB

xCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird singsxCLAVEx knows why the caged bird sings

Looks like a poor man's Doom.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2022, 01:14 PM   #10
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
I’d love to scratch that itch again
Painkiller on doom 2016 Engine... Instant buy!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2022, 01:24 PM   #11
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
Painkiller on doom 2016 Engine... Instant buy!
Oh gimme right now!
Old Jun 24, 2022, 09:49 PM   #12
Crash7
Radeon R700

Crash7 is still being judged by the masses

Tried the demo earlier this evening. It's pretty good. But I think the whole idea of timing your attacks with the beat of the music would get tiresome after a while. I mean, am I playing Doom or Guitar Hero?
Crash7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:21 PM   #13
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

Inside My Radio and BitRunner 2 are the only games I've played with music/rhythm based gameplay. I like them both.

I also favor music in the metallic genre, overwhelmingly.

Watched the trailer for this and decided it's not for me. BUT, because of this thread I am downloading the demo. Might even play it.
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2022, 09:01 PM   #14
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwardsCrawdaddy79 can recite pi backwards

Played demo. Game rocks. I both like and don't like the layered music/multiplier chain (1x gets you basic rhythm, 4x gets you drums and guitars, 8x adds lead guitar, and 16x includes vocals).

Graphics are basic. Level design is basic. Just designed to be fun. Not excited about it, but I will probably buy it.

EDIT: My initial malaise from the trailer was induced by Serj Tankian. Hopefully there isn't a strong presence as his voice grates me worse than 99% of all vocals in the world.

Last edited by Crawdaddy79 : Jun 25, 2022 at 09:12 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 10:31 PM   #15
BikeRacks

BikeRacks once held a door open for a complete strangerBikeRacks once held a door open for a complete strangerBikeRacks once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
EDIT: My initial malaise from the trailer was induced by Serj Tankian. Hopefully there isn't a strong presence as his voice grates me worse than 99% of all vocals in the world.
BikeRacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2022, 02:44 AM   #16
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

i actually like everything about it except the vocals. if you gain and lose the vocals often enough its quite annoying. as opposed to the pumping music which gets you going

note: i love the vocals and stuff, i just wish they were not tied to the combo, but tied to events or something instead. so like 80% of the game there are no vocals but the music is rockin, and then when big things happen like boss time, the vocals kick in, and they also change based on the combo. Rather than just being always on during 16x and cutting off mid sentence/verse when you lose it.

EDIT: speiling

Last edited by theshadowcult : Jun 26, 2022 at 02:49 AM.
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2022, 04:20 AM   #17
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwardsTrunks0 can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

I just kept firing the unlimited ammo head thing to keep the 16x multiplier going.

I think this is a really cool concept.

System:
Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - XFX MERC 308 Radeon RX 6600XT - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2022, 08:29 AM   #18
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Blah. Game looks like it could be fun but I don't think I'd be able to stand it much due to Serj Tankian. I've never been a fan of his vocal style.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2022, 11:45 AM   #19
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Blah. Game looks like it could be fun but I don't think I'd be able to stand it much due to Serj Tankian. I've never been a fan of his vocal style.
I had never heard of him before this, but I don’t think I could get through the game listening to him. Just not my thing. Credit for trying something ‘new’ though.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 01:10 PM   #20
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

i understand the serj dislike. however his vocals on their very first albumn are fantastic. It didnt really get anoying until the more polished studio albums. If you like harder metal, but never got into system of a down. I urge you to listen to their self titled album. It's fantastic.

i know they are popular, but they really went down hill from there :/
Old Jun 26, 2022, 02:58 PM   #21
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
i understand the serj dislike. however his vocals on their very first albumn are fantastic. It didnt really get anoying until the more polished studio albums. If you like harder metal, but never got into system of a down. I urge you to listen to their self titled album. It's fantastic.

i know they are popular, but they really went down hill from there :/
I used to love SOAD way back. I think I’m starting to lean towards less frantic gameplay these days though. Even trying to get back into old favorites they aren’t holding my attention any more. Sucks getting old
Old Jun 26, 2022, 04:15 PM   #22
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

getting olds an excuse. you can keep your mind sharp, you can exercise and keep fit and you can play hard keep your gaming skills.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 05:43 PM   #23
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
getting olds an excuse. you can keep your mind sharp, you can exercise and keep fit and you can play hard keep your gaming skills.
It was a little self-deprecation lol. My gaming tastes have changed though.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 03:06 AM   #24
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestSilent-Runner considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

i really dunno what kind of problem you guys have with Serj, his voice certainly is very unique, but c'mon, it's not THAT bad. That aside he's not the only vocalist in this game.

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2022, 05:40 AM   #25
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
It was a little self-deprecation lol. My gaming tastes have changed though.
jokes on the internet? noooooo, the nerve!
Old Jun 27, 2022, 06:11 AM   #26
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
jokes on the internet? noooooo, the nerve!
I know right?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 09:39 AM   #27
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
i really dunno what kind of problem you guys have with Serj, his voice certainly is very unique, but c'mon, it's not THAT bad. That aside he's not the only vocalist in this game.
Was just never a System of a Down fan, mainly because of the vocal style. I respect the originality, but it just doesn't work for my musical preference.

If the game had a metal vocal style more like Bruce Dickinson however, that might be more my style.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2022, 02:15 PM   #28
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Was just never a System of a Down fan, mainly because of the vocal style. I respect the originality, but it just doesn't work for my musical preference.

If the game had a metal vocal style more like Bruce Dickinson however, that might be more my style.
it does. it has quite a few different singers (not actually from iron maiden obviously) accross all the tracks. serj is just more current and mainstream. even non metal people know who serj is. Not many non metal fans listen to nightwish though.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 11:49 AM   #29
Mangler
PC

Mangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMangler exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Youtubed some of the tracks, they are not videogamey enough.

Some of the songs are ok, but they are not the kind of tracks that gets you hyped while you are shootbanging demons.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2022, 02:02 PM   #30
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Well that's why they have a demo. The two songs there work very well with it.

If those end up being the two best songs in the game, that would be very sad.