Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Feb 15, 2014, 02:57 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Need help picking a new monitor

I have had my 2407 for about 7 years now and I think I'd like to pass it on to someone else and get myself something new for the next 7-10 years. So I have a bunch of Amazon gift cards saved up, and I'd like a new monitor. My requirements are:
  • 2560x1440 or greater
  • 27"-30"
  • Good display quality (i.e. no TN panels)
  • Multiple inputs (at least DVI + HDMI)
  • Max budget, $1200 on Amazon, $900 on a third party site

I checked out the Dell 2713, but it appears that Amazon is shipping an older revision that has a lot of issues. I've also checked out the Dell 3014 but some people complain about similar problems on Amazon (although it says they're shipping the latest revision).

If you suggest a newer revision Dell, then I'd probably have to buy it from the site, which would be about $200+ more expensive (not to mention I can't use the gift cards on Amazon), but I would consider doing that.

I am pretty lost tbh. I've been trying to figure out what to do for the past week.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 03:10 PM   #2
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I have had my 2407 for about 7 years now and I think I'd like to pass it on to someone else and get myself something new for the next 7-10 years. So I have a bunch of Amazon gift cards saved up, and I'd like a new monitor. My requirements are:
  • 2560x1440 or greater
  • 27"-30"
  • Good display quality (i.e. no TN panels)
  • Multiple inputs (at least DVI + HDMI)
  • Max budget, $1200 on Amazon, $900 on a third party site

I checked out the Dell 2713, but it appears that Amazon is shipping an older revision that has a lot of issues. I've also checked out the Dell 3014 but some people complain about similar problems on Amazon (although it says they're shipping the latest revision).

If you suggest a newer revision Dell, then I'd probably have to buy it from the site, which would be about $200+ more expensive (not to mention I can't use the gift cards on Amazon), but I would consider doing that.

I am pretty lost tbh. I've been trying to figure out what to do for the past week.
A lot of 4K monitors are coming to market this year. If you can wait, do that.

Personally, I am partial to Dell monitors simply because of the quality and the support, but any of the top tier will work well for you.

With regards to the 4K displays, stuff like this is available:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...=baynoteSearch

The 28" version only refreshes at 30Hz, but otherwise it's brilliant:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=210-ACHO
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2014, 03:21 PM   #3
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
A lot of 4K monitors are coming to market this year. If you can wait, do that.

Personally, I am partial to Dell monitors simply because of the quality and the support, but any of the top tier will work well for you.

With regards to the 4K displays, stuff like this is available:

The 28" version only refreshes at 30Hz, but otherwise it's brilliant:

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=210-ACHO
Thanks. I'm partial to Dell too because this 2407 has faithfully served me for so long (although I will consider another brand). The monitor works great, but would really like a higher resolution.

That 24" UltraSharp isn't in the size range I wanted, but I really like it a lot. I may consider that.

Last edited by ViN86 : Feb 15, 2014 at 03:30 PM.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 15, 2014, 03:43 PM   #4
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Thanks. I'm partial to Dell too because this 2407 has faithfully served me for so long (although I will consider another brand). The monitor works great, but would really like a higher resolution.

That 24" UltraSharp isn't in the size range I wanted, but I really like it a lot. I may consider that.
I believe during CES, one of the guys said there should be a higher quality 27/28 coming with the same type of panel as the 32".

Read the fine-print. Most of the 4K displays on the market are between 30 and 60Hz depending on the input used, so keep that in mind. The 28" looks amazing for an office, but that's about it.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2014, 04:30 PM   #5
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
I believe during CES, one of the guys said there should be a higher quality 27/28 coming with the same type of panel as the 32".

Read the fine-print. Most of the 4K displays on the market are between 30 and 60Hz depending on the input used, so keep that in mind. The 28" looks amazing for an office, but that's about it.
Yea I'd really like something for gaming.

Any comments on the Asus PB278Q?

http://www.amazon.com/PB278Q-27-Inch...&keywords=2560

It seems like a pretty solid monitor but I've never owned an Asus monitor.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 05:13 PM   #6
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

What exactly are the older revision issues you are referring to with the DELL 2713's? Backlight bleed?

I've got the U2713HM and the only issues (minor) is some backlight bleed in the lower left corner. Pretty much every one of them had this problem. Other than that its a fantastic display for non-competitive gaming and general use.

I do not believe you will find a perfect monitor. Seems everyone of them has some kind of problem/drawback.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2014, 05:56 PM   #7
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR View Post
What exactly are the older revision issues you are referring to with the DELL 2713's? Backlight bleed?

I've got the U2713HM and the only issues (minor) is some backlight bleed in the lower left corner. Pretty much every one of them had this problem. Other than that its a fantastic display for non-competitive gaming and general use.

I do not believe you will find a perfect monitor. Seems everyone of them has some kind of problem/drawback.
Which revision do you have? Apparently there were problems with A00 and A01, and A02 fixed them, but Amazon is shipping A00's still.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-U2713HM-I...owViewpoints=1

The biggest problems seem to be the crosshatching and audible buzzing. The bleed is there as well, but I am not as worried about it.

I could order an A02 directly from Dell, but then I'd have to pay retail and I wouldn't be able to use my Amazon gift cards.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 05:59 PM   #8
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

Unless anyone talks me out of it in the next 24 hours, I think I may go with the Asus.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 06:36 PM   #9
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

If youre going to go dell buy from dell direct or you dont get the same warranty.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2014, 08:41 PM   #10
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

@ logical, I think I asked you this in another thread but you didn't respond. What do you mean about DELL's warranty being different when you don't buy direct? When I bought my monitor I was originally going to buy from DELL, but at the time I could get a better deal on Newegg. I asked a DELL customer service rep if I would still get the same warranty through DELL should I need to RMA, and they said yes as long as I could provide my invoice.

Quote:
Which revision do you have? Apparently there were problems with A00 and A01, and A02 fixed them, but Amazon is shipping A00's still.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-U2713HM-I...owViewpoints=1

The biggest problems seem to be the crosshatching and audible buzzing. The bleed is there as well, but I am not as worried about it.

I could order an A02 directly from Dell, but then I'd have to pay retail and I wouldn't be able to use my Amazon gift cards.
I have a REV A00 display.

Mine has the backlight bleed in the lower left corner issue, but its only noticeable when the screen is all black. There is a very faint buzzing if you put your ear up to the back of the panel--I see it as a non-issue. But I don't see this crosshatching people are complaining about.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 09:05 PM   #11
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

several of us have that asus pb278q. no complaints from any of us. beautiful display.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:52 PM   #12
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor|WAR View Post
@ logical, I think I asked you this in another thread but you didn't respond. What do you mean about DELL's warranty being different when you don't buy direct? When I bought my monitor I was originally going to buy from DELL, but at the time I could get a better deal on Newegg. I asked a DELL customer service rep if I would still get the same warranty through DELL should I need to RMA, and they said yes as long as I could provide my invoice.
For one, if you order from Dell the warranty is 3 years standard for the UltraSharps its only 1 year if you buy from someone else. The warranty you get when you purchase from another retailer other than Dell itself is different. I had a friend try and replace a monitor and its like the standard policy where they dont cross ship they just wait for you to send your old one in and then they send one out. Thats just personal experience though.. it may be different.

I have had Dell replace my monitor and they cross shipped 3 monitors before I got one I liked and then I just sent them all back no fuss.

The OTHER friend who tried to get a replacement for his U3011 using a warranty he purchased from Frys gave him hell. He didnt get a replacement back until 3 months later and even then it had 1 dead pixel. They gave him an ultimatum.. take that panel or take a panel they got as a return or fck off.

Last edited by logical : Feb 15, 2014 at 11:20 PM.
logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:54 PM   #13
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Wait.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2014, 08:33 AM   #14
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
For one, if you order from Dell the warranty is 3 years standard for the UltraSharps its only 1 year if you buy from someone else. The warranty you get when you purchase from another retailer other than Dell itself is different. I had a friend try and replace a monitor and its like the standard policy where they dont cross ship they just wait for you to send your old one in and then they send one out. Thats just personal experience though.. it may be different.

I have had Dell replace my monitor and they cross shipped 3 monitors before I got one I liked and then I just sent them all back no fuss.

The OTHER friend who tried to get a replacement for his U3011 using a warranty he purchased from Frys gave him hell. He didnt get a replacement back until 3 months later and even then it had 1 dead pixel. They gave him an ultimatum.. take that panel or take a panel they got as a return or fck off.
Hmm, well either I was lied to by the person I spoke with at DELL, or just misunderstood.

Or maybe your friend had those problems because he bought a warranty through Frys? Either way I think I'll contact DELL tomorrow to find out for sure.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 08:38 AM   #15
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Wait.
For anything in particular? I'd be interested in a 4k monitor but I'm not sure I'd like a 30"+ screen, and anything smaller at 4k may be too pricey or 30Hz.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 08:48 AM   #16
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

If you're not interested in the 120hz oc 1440p displays, the U2713H is a safe and solid choice imo, I'd take it over the PB278Q.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 10:36 PM   #17
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
For anything in particular? I'd be interested in a 4k monitor but I'm not sure I'd like a 30"+ screen, and anything smaller at 4k may be too pricey or 30Hz.
I understand that both asus and dell are bringing new monitors. I would wait to check it out since they are supposed to be your price range.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 04:21 AM   #18
BababooeyHTJ
Radeon Arctic Islands

BababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird singsBababooeyHTJ knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
If you're not interested in the 120hz oc 1440p displays, the U2713H is a safe and solid choice imo, I'd take it over the PB278Q.
I agree, the Dell overclocks. Asus also has horrendous customer support.
BababooeyHTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2014, 09:30 PM   #19
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

I ended up getting the U2713HM and a 250GB 840 Evo (I need an SSD). I figure Dell's customer support is pretty good even if I get a bad one. I would have held out for the newer monitors, but I wouldn't have been able to afford a 4K (even the 24" is $1k+) in the 27" range, and 2560x1440 is satisfactory for me.

This 2407 has been so good to me, though, I need to show some sort of brand loyalty.

Thanks for all the comments/suggestions guys.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:00 PM   #20
KAC
That postcount though...

Let us know how it overclocks? Also can someone link me to a guide for overclocking monitors?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 04:44 AM   #21
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

Yeah I don't know what he meant either. Just force the refresh rate at lower resolutions?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 05:46 AM   #22
MNB4800
Radeon Sea Islands

MNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird singsMNB4800 knows why the caged bird sings

I want IPS color and viewing angle, TN/LED response, 120hz and 4k res. Sadly, such a thing doesn't exist... :_(
Steam ID: Vayne4800, Origin: Vayne4800, Battletag: Vayne#2528
MNB4800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2014, 06:01 AM   #23
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNB4800 View Post
I want IPS color and viewing angle, TN/LED response, 120hz and 4k res. Sadly, such a thing doesn't exist... :_(
Can any cable handle 4k at 120hz? That's a lot of data.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 07:41 AM   #24
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Let us know how it overclocks? Also can someone link me to a guide for overclocking monitors?
In NV control panel click "customize" at the bottom of the resolutions tab, leave everything at default but raise the refresh rate.

Once you set a refresh rate, drag some windows across desktop to see if its smooth and not dropping frames. If the display is dropping frames movement will be jittery/jerky. You can also use this tool to check for dropped frames.

Quote:
Yeah I don't know what he meant either. Just force the refresh rate at lower resolutions?
You can keep your native resolution, just raise the refresh rate. The U2713 gets to ~75hz iirc, which while small is a nice free bonus and I can certainly notice it - mostly at times when vsync is not used.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 08:08 AM   #25
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I got mine to 75Hz just fine. Doesn't appear to be dropping frames. Didn't try to push it any further.

I put it back down to 60Hz however, as I don't know how much stress overclocking puts on monitors, and I can't really tell much difference between 60Hz and 75Hz anyways.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 08:17 AM   #26
demo
space cadet

It's most noticeable when not using vsync in FPS like BF4. The tearing pattern of 60hz with a 62-66fps cap looks horrid compared to 75hz with a 78-80fps cap imo.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 08:28 AM   #27
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Probably why I didn't really notice it, I only play slower games.

BTW, this thread reminded me to contact DELL today to find out about their warranty policy if I didn't buy direct. Will update if I get an answer.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 08:37 AM   #28
demo
space cadet

Yeah in slower games with vsync its only slightly smoother, often I'd rather use 60hz with extra eyecandy if possible.

On the subject of Dell returns, my display had a dead pixel. I emailed them, they asked for a photo, and a courier dropped off a new one the very next day. Simple as that, was impressed. That was bought directly from them though.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 08:44 AM   #29
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I'm currently in chat with them to find out what my warranty will be for buying through Newegg.com.

[EDIT] Well I have been redirected to three different departments already, and no one can give me a straight answer. They are however all contradicting the information I got last year before I purchased the monitor through Newegg, so it doesn't look good.

Here is the first chat from last year explaining that DELL would still honor the Ultrasharp 3-year warranty if I bought through a 3rd party:

Quote:
Time Details
05/04/2013 11:14:52AM Session Started with Agent (John V)
05/04/2013 11:14:56AM Agent (John V): "Welcome to Dell US Chat! My name is John I will be your Dell.com Sales Chat Expert. I can be reached at us_con_sl_apos_chat or via phone at 1-800-289-3355 ext. 7284516

Please also provide your phone number for call back reference.

Hello! How can I"
help you today?
05/04/2013 11:15:39AM Thomas: "Hello, I was wondering if Dell price matches with Newegg.com? I was interested in buying the U2713HM which is currently $550 with a promo code on Newegg."
05/04/2013 11:15:59AM Agent (John V): "I'll be happy to assist you with that. To better assist you, I'll be asking a few questions, Thanks! "
05/04/2013 11:16:49AM Agent (John V): "Yes we price match from top competitors, however, we match only online prices. promo codes are not part of it"
05/04/2013 11:17:47AM Agent (John V): "I'd need a link to the item on the competitor's site to send to him, and we'd set up a quote for him to adjust if he approve"
05/04/2013 11:17:47AM Thomas: "ok thanks, I am also wondering then, if I buy this Dell monitor from newegg.com, will Dell still honor the same manufacturer warranty as if I bought it directly through Dell?"
05/04/2013 11:18:04AM Agent (John V): "Yes we will cover the warranty"
05/04/2013 11:18:22AM Agent (John V): "it's still dell warranty and 3 years for it since it's ultrasharp"

05/04/2013 11:19:00AM Thomas: "thanks, that's great! what about dead pixel policy for this particular monitor?"
05/04/2013 11:19:10AM Agent (John V): "yes, dead pixel is also covered"
05/04/2013 11:19:38AM Thomas: "is their a minimum amount though, for example would need at least 5 dead pixels to replace?"
05/04/2013 11:19:58AM Agent (John V): "1 dead pixel is covered already"
05/04/2013 11:20:51AM Thomas: "excellent... well thank you very much for your help, I think I will buy through Newegg since I can get it for $550, and be confident in knowing it will be covered from Dell for 3 years"
05/04/2013 11:21:15AM Agent (John V): "okay I understand"
05/04/2013 11:21:17AM Agent (John V): "thanks"
05/04/2013 11:21:26AM Agent (John V): "Is there anything else I could assist you with?"
05/04/2013 11:23:38AM Agent (John V): "I'm sorry for asking, but are we still connected?"
05/04/2013 11:25:19AM Thomas: "yes sorry, have a 4 year old ! thanks again have agreat day"
05/04/2013 11:25:27AM Agent (John V): "Please feel free to get back to us via chat whenever you have questions. Thanks for your time, We really appreciate your patience. thanks! "
Now they are telling me to give the Technical Support Department a call.

Last edited by Meteor_of_War : Feb 18, 2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 09:20 AM   #30
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

As for Amazaon, their site claims you get Dell's 3 year warranty.

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-U2713HM-I...ywords=u2713hm

Quote:
Rest easy with a 3-year Limited Hardware Warranty and 3 years of Dell's Advanced Exchange Service.