Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Feb 10, 2005, 06:19 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Default To anyone thats been in the "Official Digi Cam Pic Thread!"

Ok, some of you might remember that I posted a pic of my grandfather in there a while back. I know the chance of this is very slim, but is there is ANY possibility that any of you still have that pic, or have it cached or similar?

The reason that I'm asking is that when I had to do a recovery on my harddrive, I thought I managed to save most of my photos, but it turns out that almost everything older then about 6-8 months are now corrupted files.
I really would need this photo as it is the last one taken of my grandfather in his full health, so if anyone even thinks theres a slight possibility that they have the pic saved somewhere, I'd be very happy if you could look that up.

The filename was farfar.jpg if that is to any help.

Thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 06:39 PM   #2
SixtySeven
play loud!

SixtySeven is still being judged by the masses

how does it look? like what is your grandfather doing in the picture.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 06:41 PM   #3
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixtySeven
how does it look? like what is your grandfather doing in the picture.
Its from the side, you mostly see his face, and hes in the sun, shielding a display on a digital camera with his hand. Gray/white hair and a beard.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 10, 2005, 06:43 PM   #4
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

I remember seeing it. I'm sure it's long gone out of cache though. Sorry
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair MP510 480GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2005, 06:54 PM   #5
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKnight
I remember seeing it. I'm sure it's long gone out of cache though. Sorry
I doubt anyone would have this pic, but I figured I wouldnt lose anything by asking.

Ah well, thanks anyway.

Last edited by Jasef : Feb 11, 2005 at 09:44 AM.
Jasef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 09:44 AM   #6
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

bumping just for the sake of it.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 09:52 AM   #7
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Nope, sorry dude. maybe google has a cache page or something for it?
Old Feb 11, 2005, 10:04 AM   #8
tristancarton
Radeon Sea Islands

tristancarton is still being judged by the masses

tried way back machine for you jasef but no go. if the drive hasn't been formatted yet you may be able to get some files back by using a corrupted file recovery program. search around on google for one.

i've helped a few friends save files that were corrupted on a floppy this way before.
Primary: dfi ut250gb / a64 mobile 3400 62w clawhammer / 3x512mb pdp xbl tccd / WD 120Gb 7200 8Mb x2, RAID0 / 250Gb WD 7200 8Mb external / Sound Blaster 2 ZS Plat. / HDTV Wonder / 2xTheater 550 pro / Pioneer dvr105 / Pioneer dvd115 / Visiontek x800xt / Antec 550w Truepower / Logitech z680 / IBM p260 21" FD Trinitron x2 / Windows XP-MCE2005, Legal Version

Secondary: dell xps m170 / 2.0 Ghz pentium-m / 1024mb / 120Gb 5400rpm / 7800 gtx go / 1920x1200 trubrite
tristancarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2005, 10:15 AM   #9
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Wonder squirrel, thanks for the tip, btut nothing seemed to turn up :/

And tristancarton, the problem now is that the whole file is missing, and those that where saved where corrupted. Should have been more clear on that.