Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Feedback Central
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Feedback Central This is a place to post problems, suggestions, comments, or help regarding the forums or site. This is not a place to air your mod-related grievances as first-resort.

Old Jan 6, 2005, 10:49 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
-=Antimatter=-
Radeon Sea Islands

-=Antimatter=- is still being judged by the masses

Default New popup ads?

Is anybody else seeing this? I get it at the bottom of my screen every fifth click or so around the forum.

Just wondering if this is one of the site ads or some kind of spyware on my end. Very annoying either way.
-=Antimatter=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2005, 11:07 PM   #2
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I've never ever gotten a popup add here. I've switched to Firefox and haven't seen hide nor hair of a pop up.

You've got spyware!!!
AluminumHaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 07:43 AM   #3
P1x44r
Radeon Arctic Islands

P1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird sings

Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 7, 2005, 08:39 AM   #4
-=Antimatter=-
Radeon Sea Islands

-=Antimatter=- is still being judged by the masses

I doubt it's spyware. I keep an extremely clean system, run spywareblaster, and Ad-Aware every other day. I don't use IE, never have a popup on another site. But whenever I come here, I get these funky ads. I've been browsing all morning without one popping up until I came here.

(Yes, I know Avant is based on IE, but it's more secure by a mile)
-=Antimatter=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 08:56 AM   #5
Ratchet
The Tool

Ratchet is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Antimatter=-
Is anybody else seeing this? I get it at the bottom of my screen every fifth click or so around the forum.

Just wondering if this is one of the site ads or some kind of spyware on my end. Very annoying either way.
That's a spyware popup, I've seen it many times on other computers.
Old Jan 7, 2005, 11:05 AM   #6
wazman
Resident Curmudgeon

wazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete stranger

That's spyware.

I wish I could find out why Firefox crashes when I come to this forum. Using the latest version, and all updates. I have no viruses or spyware. I can go anywhere on the net, but as soon as I start browsing the Rage forums, it crashes.

RIP, Hannibal. RIP, Shadow. RIP, Mitchell. RIP, Annie. RIP, Jones.
wazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 11:37 AM   #7
squid
Cute

squid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird sings

i have some issues with rage when browsing using opera (see thread below)
squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 11:51 AM   #8
ellingsen1
Radeon R700

ellingsen1 is still being judged by the masses

What's odd is I am getting the same pop up. I was on the internet for 5 hours yesterday and the only time I seen it was when I was here. It would be odd is if it is spyware. I don't have any programs detecting any on my system. I did just do a clean install of XP SP-2 2 days ago with all the patches. It could be that the service "messenger" may be enabled. I don't think that is it but I'll have to check when I get home. The messenger pop-ups don't look like that. I thought it might be related to the site as I saw a similar ad in a banner up top a month or so ago.

P4C800E-Deluxe P4 HT [email protected] Zalman 6500-CU WinXP SP-2 DX9.0c
2X512mb HyperX PC4000 @ DDR 480
XFX 6800 Ultra running 455/1300
SB Audigy 2-Klipsch Pro-Medias 4.1
22" Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2070SB
2-ATA 100 7200 rpm drives and Hitachi 7K250 SATA drive

Last edited by ellingsen1 : Jan 7, 2005 at 11:54 AM.
ellingsen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 12:18 PM   #9
P1x44r
Radeon Arctic Islands

P1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird singsP1x44r knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazman
I wish I could find out why Firefox crashes when I come to this forum. Using the latest version, and all updates. I have no viruses or spyware. I can go anywhere on the net, but as soon as I start browsing the Rage forums, it crashes.
Tried deleting/re-creating your FF profile? Removing Adblock?
Old Jan 7, 2005, 12:20 PM   #10
wazman
Resident Curmudgeon

wazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete strangerwazman once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r
Tried deleting/re-creating your FF profile? Removing Adblock?
Yep - reinstalled a freshly downloaded copy and everything. No luck.

It's getting to be time for a reinstall anyway - I think I've gone at least a year since I did it last. I might just start over fresh.

RIP, Hannibal. RIP, Shadow. RIP, Mitchell. RIP, Annie. RIP, Jones.
wazman is offline   Reply With Quote