Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Sep 14, 2006, 12:50 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
TenFour
Radeon Northern Islands

TenFour is still being judged by the masses

Default Can secondhand pot smoke make you test positive in a drug test?

This may be a stupid question. But should I avoid rock concerts until after my drug test for my new job?
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 01:04 AM   #2
BikeRacks

BikeRacks can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBikeRacks can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I seriously doubt that second hand pot will show up on a drug test, unless you took the test like the day after, but still unlikey. Especially from a concert.
BikeRacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 01:21 AM   #3
Jokerzwild
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jokerzwild is still being judged by the masses

No.

I used to be in charge of sending people for pre-employment drug screens at my previous job and talked all the time with the woman at the clinic.

That excuse was used all the time when someone failed and the lady at the clinic said you would literally have to be in a small closet with someone smoking for hours in order for it to get into your system. Alot of the time (depending on metabolism weight etc.) you could actually take a couple actual hits and pass 6-12 hours later.

Drug tests actually only have a certain threshhold that they can detect from. They don't pick up minute amounts of THC. Of course this info is all for a piss test, I dunno anything about blood or folicle tests but most jobs don't use those anyways because they cost more. Depends on how high profile a place of employment it is.

If you are actually worried about it though I would suggest picking up a home test kit from CVS. They have the same negative result rating as a lab test and only cost 15 bucks. Well worth the peace of mind going in there if you are worried about it if ya ask me.

But dude... go enjoy yourself you won't fail a piss test from second hand reefer smoke.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 14, 2006, 02:47 AM   #4
Chair
Speakerfreak

Chair is still being judged by the masses

they drug test for every job in the states? or just certain positions...

I think i've gone to a job interview stoned once.... not easy but kinda funny, and I got the job!
Chair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 03:34 AM   #5
Doozer
lollollollol

Doozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird singsDoozer knows why the caged bird sings

As long as you are not too close to the smoke then it should not show in a test.

Nikon D7100,
Nikkor 16-35mf f4
Sigma 120-400mm
Nikon 18-55mm kit lens,
Sigma 70-300 APO Macro,
Nikkor 50mm f1.8,
Sigma 150mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro HSM,
Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DG,
Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4.5 HSM,
Sigma x2 TC
Remote shutter release ,
Raynox D250 closeup/macro attachment,
Kenko extension tubes,
reverse lens adaptor,
Nikon SB800 flash,
Vivitar 285HV Flash unit,
Tripod (x2),
Monopod

Rage3d flickr Group
Doozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 07:58 AM   #6
Jokerzwild
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jokerzwild is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chair View Post
they drug test for every job in the states? or just certain positions...

I think i've gone to a job interview stoned once.... not easy but kinda funny, and I got the job!
Depends on who it is. Employer preference.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 08:13 AM   #7
Cloud
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Cloud is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerzwild View Post
No.

I used to be in charge of sending people for pre-employment drug screens at my previous job and talked all the time with the woman at the clinic.

That excuse was used all the time when someone failed and the lady at the clinic said you would literally have to be in a small closet with someone smoking for hours in order for it to get into your system. Alot of the time (depending on metabolism weight etc.) you could actually take a couple actual hits and pass 6-12 hours later.

Drug tests actually only have a certain threshhold that they can detect from. They don't pick up minute amounts of THC. Of course this info is all for a piss test, I dunno anything about blood or folicle tests but most jobs don't use those anyways because they cost more. Depends on how high profile a place of employment it is.

If you are actually worried about it though I would suggest picking up a home test kit from CVS. They have the same negative result rating as a lab test and only cost 15 bucks. Well worth the peace of mind going in there if you are worried about it if ya ask me.

But dude... go enjoy yourself you won't fail a piss test from second hand reefer smoke.
Joker nailed it. If you smoke quite often, it can take all the way up to a month to empty out your system. In some cases, longer, and in other cases, shorter. Typically though, taking a few hits from the whacky tobacco should be out of your system within hours to several days.

Hair samples are delayed... takes about a week before anything will show up. But the whackiness can stay in your hair for up to three years. Blood samples is the most intrusive and most expensive.

I just took a piss test yesterday for a position at Target. To say, I'm a little nervous... but I haven't smoked anything for over a month. Let alone smoke any premium stuff.
» 8GB GeIL Black Dragon DDR2 RAM
» SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4850
» Microsoft Windows 7 Build 7100
» 2x Hanns·G 28" Monitors 3840x1200
Cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 08:41 AM   #8
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
This may be a stupid question. But should I avoid rock concerts until after my drug test for my new job?
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 09:26 AM   #9
Ryoko
Excessively retarded

Ryoko is still being judged by the masses

you will never fail a piss test due to second hand smoke. plain and simple. you have to smoke it yourself in order to fail.
Intel i7 2700k CPU @4.6GHz, Radeon HD6950 GPU, Mushkin 7-8-7-24 1.6GHz RAM, 20.3TB HDD+SSD (16.3TB usable), 33k PPD Intel i7 2600k CPU @4.4GHz, Radeon HD5870 GPU, 1.3GHz RAM, 2TB HDD 29k PPD Intel C2D E7500 CPU, Radeon HD5770 GPU, 1.06GHz RAM, 1TB HDD, 3k PPD Intel i7 2600k CPU, Radeon HD6870 GPU, 1.3GHz RAM, .75TB HDD, 20k PPD
All folding for Rage3d.
"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world."
I remember when movies had plots and video games didn't.
Ryoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 09:31 AM   #10
Djinn
Rage3D Fixture

Djinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete strangerDjinn once held a door open for a complete stranger

All of the above is probably true, but if an important job is on the line, and you know for certain that you'll undergo a drug test, I still wouldn't chance it.

- Robert Ingersoll (1833 - 1899)
Djinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 10:09 AM   #11
Mmm_Beefy
Radeon Southern Islands

Mmm_Beefy is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud View Post
Hair samples are delayed... takes about a week before anything will show up. But the whackiness can stay in your hair for up to three years. Blood samples is the most intrusive and most expensive.
actually the wackyness can stay in your hair alot longer than that, generally they only timeline test folicles to see what you did in the last 3 years.
they have used folicle tests on mummys and could tell you what they did.
no shampoo can prevent that test, nor can you simply shave your head.
the hair can come from anywhere and they only need like an inch or two total to test. if you shaved your entire body.. they wouldnt test you..and you wouldnt get the job lol.

they test alot of jobs here in the US, but the ones that dont, will still test you if you get hurt on the job.
food service is big on not testing for sure (been to a local fast food/diner lately? that kid behind the counter who looks half baked probably is hehe)

i know one job (not mentioning the company) they hair test, and if you become a driver, you have to submit for... a simple DOT urine test lol.. seems a bit backwards to me

cheers
wow alow bunch of nood who dont know what the **** they talking about 1 you need to sleep atlist 8:30 hours and who the **** drinks Neutrament for break fast ? its only for help to recovery protein will not gona make you get big protein jast help you recover you muscle and you need to eat breakfast then after 2 hours drink 40 g of protein in 2 hours eat lunch then agen in 2 hours eat some frots whit yugurs or milk go to gym before work out drink some creatine i can even sogest you TRACK is the best in marke after work out rush home emedatle drink 40 grams of protein shake whit fruts bannans and some apples and strobery or some fruets that you like and then after 40 minuts eat dinner that is my single day work out and food that i eat write now iam 210 pounds 23% fat my bench is 300 for 3rep max my deadleaft is 470 punds for 4 reps max my shuads is top 28o for 8 reps

C2Q Q6600 @ 3ghz
Zalman 9700 cooler
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
4x1gig Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800
Geforce 7300 128meg
1x500gig WD Caviar
Liteon CDRW
Antec P180 case
Xubuntu 32bit

Abit IP35-E
C2Q Q6600 B3 @3ghz
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 pro
4Gigs 2x1 Crucial Ballistix 2x1gig Corsair Valuselect
EVGA 8800 GTS 640meg
1x 250gig WD Caviar
Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
NEC DVD/RW
Monsoon MM-700 2.1 speakers (old but man do they rock)
WinXP sp2

Windows is easier than Linux, just like crapping your pants is easier than going to the bathroom.
Fold for Rage... and women will find you sexy
Mmm_Beefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 12:55 PM   #12
Athena
Radeon Southern Islands

Athena is still being judged by the masses

Interesting they say you can hang around w/ pot smokers and it will not get into your system but then they turn around and say 2nd hand cig smoke can kill you faster then actually smoking as the smoker has a filter in the cig and you do not. Strange.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 01:02 PM   #13
Ryoko
Excessively retarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Interesting they say you can hang around w/ pot smokers and it will not get into your system but then they turn around and say 2nd hand cig smoke can kill you faster then actually smoking as the smoker has a filter in the cig and you do not. Strange.
there are 2 counters to those theories. 1 is that not enough pot gets in your system to show up on a piss test, but it does get in your system. 2 is that second hand smoke gets you less than 1/100 of the smoke that the smoker's breathing. filter or no filter, 1/100th exposes you to far less risk than the smoker, and the smoker exposes themselves to that risk 20+ times a day, every day for many years before they even see health risks.
Intel i7 2700k CPU @4.6GHz, Radeon HD6950 GPU, Mushkin 7-8-7-24 1.6GHz RAM, 20.3TB HDD+SSD (16.3TB usable), 33k PPD Intel i7 2600k CPU @4.4GHz, Radeon HD5870 GPU, 1.3GHz RAM, 2TB HDD 29k PPD Intel C2D E7500 CPU, Radeon HD5770 GPU, 1.06GHz RAM, 1TB HDD, 3k PPD Intel i7 2600k CPU, Radeon HD6870 GPU, 1.3GHz RAM, .75TB HDD, 20k PPD
All folding for Rage3d.
"Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world."
Old Sep 14, 2006, 02:37 PM   #14
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

acidosmosis is still being judged by the masses

"Can secondhand pot smoke make you test positive in a drug test?"

Hmm, good question, lets find out.

*lights up a second joint and smokes from his left hand too*
Old Sep 14, 2006, 05:18 PM   #15
rayzian
brokestatus

rayzian is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Might have something to do with all the added chemicles in cigs vs the natural weed plant
Old Sep 14, 2006, 06:31 PM   #16
DaRipper
Shockingly caucasian

DaRipper is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Think about that logic for a minute. Second-hand cig smoke is what is exhaled out of a smokers lungs, correct? Said smoke got there after being inhaled thru a filtered cig by the smoker, correct? So how is second hand smoke worse because there is no filter? If anything it's filtered more after going thru a person's lungs, throat and mounth/nose before going back into the outside air.

Seond hand weed smoke can't do that much unless you are in a really tight space. You may get contact high but if you aren't actually smoking it yourself and do not smoke on a daily basis, it will be gone from your system after a day or two. I wouldn't worry about it at all.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 06:47 PM   #17
TenFour
Radeon Northern Islands

The issue for me is, ACL is tomorrow, and they spring the drug test on you with an overnight mail that gives you 24 hours to get it done.

So "gone in a day or two" is still a problem.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 06:51 PM   #18
Ryoko
Excessively retarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
The issue for me is, ACL is tomorrow, and they spring the drug test on you with an overnight mail that gives you 24 hours to get it done.

So "gone in a day or two" is still a problem.
i know from experience. if you don't smoke it yourself, it will not show up on a piss test.
All folding for Rage3d.
Old Sep 14, 2006, 09:18 PM   #19
TenFour
Radeon Northern Islands

Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I'll be fine...to be extra safe, I'll just move if I ever smell it.