Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Mar 28, 2020, 06:48 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

From my understanding, Bernie had a few parameters put in.

If you have the same number of employees after it's over than March 14th I beleive,
the loan becomes a grant.
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2020, 08:20 PM   #92
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

So here's a question: what negative effects does filing for unemployment have?

I'm fully self employed and a third to a half of my revenue has dried up, so while it may be possible to limp along until the work returns, it will be at the expense of my savings and maybe sanity. Since the version of the stimulus that passed actually allows for self employed and gig workers to claim unemployment under it, I should be eligible, but since I may be able to work things out otherwise - is there any real hit to my credit score/history or something if I were to claim unemployment to let me keep some of my cushion/sanity until the gigs return?

I don't really know how it works, but it's not a bad looking option if the side effects are minimal/temporary. At the very least, I know that so many people will be filing, my credit won't look bad comparatively to the general public if I take it.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2020, 08:25 PM   #93
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

UI will have no negative effects if your still paying your bills, I should know, I was on it for 2 years during the financial crisis.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 28, 2020, 08:26 PM   #94
Arrowhead
to the knee.

Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Arrowhead once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJMasta View Post
So here's a question: what negative effects does filing for unemployment have?

I'm fully self employed and a third to a half of my revenue has dried up, so while it may be possible to limp along until the work returns, it will be at the expense of my savings and maybe sanity. Since the version of the stimulus that passed actually allows for self employed and gig workers to claim unemployment under it, I should be eligible, but since I may be able to work things out otherwise - is there any real hit to my credit score/history or something if I were to claim unemployment to let me keep some of my cushion/sanity until the gigs return?

I don't really know how it works, but it's not a bad looking option if the side effects are minimal/temporary. At the very least, I know that so many people will be filing, my credit won't look bad comparatively to the general public if I take it.
Filing for unemployment will not affect your credit score at all. It's your right to collect unemployment since we all contribute to EI with every paycheck.
Arrowhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2020, 08:34 PM   #95
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead View Post
Filing for unemployment will not affect your credit score at all. It's your right to collect unemployment since we all contribute to EI with every paycheck.
self employed don't and we can't normally get unemployment at all

i don't know how they are working this

i'm in the same boat

people are not going to replace AC systems now and will only call if they have to

so work will be very slow if at all
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2020, 08:42 PM   #96
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

My wife is a crossing guard, and for as long as the School District doesn't cancel school, right now the kids are all doing online school, then the Police department will continue to pay the crossing guards even though the guards are not working. But if school gets canceled, then so will the pay, which could be anywhere between 1 to 2 months of less pay. If that happens, then we can get with our bank that has the car loan and they allow skipping payments for 4x a year, which is the only thing we'll need to do if my wife ends up not having any pay for 1 to 2 months. My wife doesn't get pay for 3 months of the year anyway due to summer, but for the 9 months prior she gets us ahead of schedule on our car loan by 3 months + saves another $100, and then she only pays interests added each month during the summer, which is like $20 to $30 a month.

For myself, my job is secured, since I work in a Data Center and a part of the critical operations. Even if we end up needing to do quarantine procedures where 3 employees are quarantined inside the data center, my work already committed to allowing everyone who isn't working to use the Unlimited PTO that we get anyways.

But, I feel bad for all those who are losing jobs or losing income due to all of this
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2020, 05:55 AM   #97
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
if i can get a low or no interest loan as a sole proprietorship with just me as the only employee

and round up all the bills into one payment

i will

but i will have to see what they are offering

ps

maybe i should add that 3080 ti into it
you might get lucky like we will for that. Here at least small biz can get a loan now up to 40k interest free for a year and up to 10k will be forgivable and the feds will be the co signer.
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2020, 06:50 AM   #98
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Currently just supplying medication for my veterinary clients as I am in quarantine for suspected exposure. Currently have a mild cough, but no other signs. I don't think I have C-19, most likely just airway irritation from spraying that much metho and F10 all over any products leaving the house going to my clients.

I will be ok financially, as long as the banks don't fold.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2020, 07:39 AM   #99
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Work for the largest industrial greenhouse in Europe. Our side is Tomato production, and food is pretty much always needed so we're fine.

Flower side of the business is "low" but they're still selling.

Germany isn't that badly affected at the moment.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2020, 07:41 AM   #100
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

I have a friend who is in IT(or something like that) that works for a fairly large business. He said for the last few days he has had to shut off 20-30 badges a day. He says they are letting people go wholesale.

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Zotac Amp gtx 1080 - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2020, 08:51 AM   #101
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
self employed don't and we can't normally get unemployment at all

i don't know how they are working this

i'm in the same boat

people are not going to replace AC systems now and will only call if they have to

so work will be very slow if at all
You live near the center of the sun, so I'm betting AC repair/replacement will not be optional for most people there starting very soon. Hope that turns out to be the case, bud.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2020, 12:01 PM   #102
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
You live near the center of the sun, so I'm betting AC repair/replacement will not be optional for most people there starting very soon. Hope that turns out to be the case, bud.
i hope that UV kills this crap

for most it will be more people wanting band-aids to get by and less replacement

same thing happened in the 2008 housing market crash
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2020, 08:20 AM   #103
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

Update yesterday from HR.

Latest for us is still the possibility of going back 4/14. Currently we get 20 paid corona days. Which covers the time missed to the above date.
If we are off longer(which I assume they think and I think we will) Then we have to use vacation time up. After that burns through then furlough.

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Zotac Amp gtx 1080 - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2020, 10:50 AM   #104
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

For business owners/sole proprietors… information about the SBA loan/forgiveness program (as it's currently understood?) Seems like tradesmen aren't necessarily left out in the cold.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjr.../#7ee23b6d652f

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote