Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Tweaking, Modding, and Overclocking
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Tweaking, Modding, and Overclocking Discuss Radeon tweaking, modding, and overclocking practices. Want to post your benchmarks scores? This is the place!

Old May 20, 2011, 10:13 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
shadow001
Captain thread derail....

shadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
Back on topic, here's some more 3Dmark11 scores-

Tri- P17430 3DMarks http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1237396

Dual- P13337 3DMarks http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1237419

Awsome scores indeed, but i'll be back with some new runs now that a new bios is installed in the cards and i have more volts to play with...
Old May 20, 2011, 10:22 PM   #182
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Cheers m8, the new drivers gave a nice boost even at lower clocks, seems to me Nvidia has changed the OCP profile and my previous clocks are now unstable with these drivers.
Old May 20, 2011, 10:42 PM   #183
shadow001

shadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Cheers m8, the new drivers gave a nice boost even at lower clocks, seems to me Nvidia has changed the OCP profile and my previous clocks are now unstable with these drivers.

Look at the new voltage limits with the custom bios i edited from the original and flashed the cards with....
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 20, 2011, 10:46 PM   #184
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I've also flashed the BIOS of my 3 cards to the same voltage limits, didnt help my oc though I think 1 of the cards (a cheap 2nd hand inno3D I bought) is a dud clocker.
Old May 20, 2011, 10:53 PM   #185
shadow001

Quote:
I've also flashed the BIOS of my 3 cards to the same voltage limits, didnt help my oc though I think 1 of the cards (a cheap 2nd hand inno3D I bought) is a dud clocker.

Let's see if the fact that i'm on water cooling, and at 925mhz core with 1.138 voltage, the temperatures stay at 65*C under load...So if the overclock fails, it won't be because they're overheating..
Old May 20, 2011, 11:15 PM   #186
demo
space cadet

Yer I was able to hit 970 or so with my other 2 cards before adding the 3rd, luck of the draw I guess.. and I got the 2nd hand card for $400AUD which was good considering they were selling for ~$550 at the time. Temps could certainly be an issue, although GPU temps are fine, its probably VRM temps or something I dont know.

My 24/7 gaming clocks are still fine though, 900/2050.
Old May 21, 2011, 08:52 AM   #187
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshpit View Post
Actually, ever play Sins of a Solar Empire? Dx9 and single threaded. Lots of casual games come as Dx9 and single threaded only, even today. So, in fact, when considering the casual/indie gaming market is booming today, I'd say you were wrong on even that point.

Just run the test already. I'd razz ya a lot less if you hadn't wanted to argue so much instead of just posting your score in the PCMark thread
Just drop it already.

PCMark scores low for me too because of an SSD, but in gaming it'd give me no actual performance boost and the $ per GB right now is worthless. Why would I waste my money on something that isn't going to be used?

PCMark gets too large of a boost from SSD , that's what throws off my scores.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old May 21, 2011, 10:19 AM   #188
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Just drop it already.

PCMark scores low for me too because of an SSD, but in gaming it'd give me no actual performance boost and the $ per GB right now is worthless. Why would I waste my money on something that isn't going to be used?

PCMark gets too large of a boost from SSD , that's what throws off my scores.
Sensitive are we? I was talking to demowhc. And you have a silly idea of PC upgrading by leaving such an important part as storage so far behind the rest of us. Your cheapness is your own fault. Get over it.
Old May 21, 2011, 10:32 AM   #189
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Storage? So I can fit all of 5 games or something on a storage device that isn't giving me anything besides slightly faster load times? It's pointless for a PC that is mainly gaming like mine. I understand if you do a lot of desktop work, but for these benchmarks we are looking for gaming performance.

My cheapness? More like my priorities on what my PC is used mainly for. You go too far with the insults, it's impossible to have a discussion with you when you just constantly force the issue. If you want PCMark scores, go to YOUR PCMark thread, and stay out of this one.
I don't understand why you have to chase demo and shadow around, are you jealous of what they have? I don't get it.

In other news, I was messing around in RIFT for a little and it seems my low-voltage settings are messing up with these new beta's that give better performance. I've been running the cards stock @ .975v for the lower heat as the cards are stacked until I figure out what I'm doing with either watercooling or a new case. Anyway, I was playing and the cards reset to 1.038v and the 85c temps rose pretty quick. Before I knew it I was listening to jet engines inside my PC. I'm also noticing my top card idles at the low-power 3D clocks (405/324) while my bottom one is at the right idles (51/135) but I think that's firefox kicking it up.
Back to .990v I suppose. These drivers are weird.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Last edited by Nunz : May 21, 2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old May 21, 2011, 10:47 AM   #190
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

moshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete strangermoshpit once held a door open for a complete stranger

Subscriber

Wee-o-wee-o-weeeeeee! That's what I'm hearin'...
Old May 21, 2011, 10:48 AM   #191
Nunz
RIP Roxen

No cries here, I'm well aware of just how much faster my PC is in actual real-world gaming than yours. Sounds like a douche thing to say, but damn you get annoying.
Old May 21, 2011, 11:21 AM   #192
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
No cries here, I'm well aware of just how much faster my PC is in actual real-world gaming than yours. Sounds like a douche thing to say, but damn you get annoying.
Weee-o-wee-o-weee, again. Whining and crying. Just run the silly benchmark and quit being a weakling.

I'm more amused at your need to compete with me. As if I built to compete with you. Fact is, my rig is 100 times better balanced then yours. Spending that much on GPUs without the storage to make the WHOLE experience better, that's silly. As are you. Weee-o-wee is all I hear coming out of your mouth.
Old May 21, 2011, 12:32 PM   #193
demo
space cadet

No ones crying moshpit, fact is many people recycle older HDD's for storage, these in no way hinder gaming performance... only PCmark7 scores. There is a reason 3Dmark11 is used to gauge 3D performance, hence its name.

More balanced than Nunz? that's nice but the fact is he's able to get a better gaming experience in any modern game on the market.

Back to 3Dmark11 scores in the 3Dmark11 thread please.
Old May 21, 2011, 12:46 PM   #194
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

LOL!!! Geeze! You two are no fun. Okay, I'll leave ya'll alone now. I thought a bit of good natured razzing and nose rubbing would get you back over to the PCMark thread to actually post some scores, but all I'm getting in return is excuses why it's not important instead of just doing such a simple thing. But it was pretty funny just how HARD you've avoided it, demowhc.
Old May 21, 2011, 12:54 PM   #195
demo
space cadet

I already said I got destroyed by most systems in the PCmark7 thread, just like you get destroyed by most systems in this thread, score was ~5k.
Old May 21, 2011, 01:00 PM   #196
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
I already said I got destroyed by most systems in the PCmark7 thread, just like you get destroyed by most systems in this thread, score was ~5k.
to your belief that getting destroyed for either of us is something to be ashamed of. We focused differently, it's a big game, man. No need for it to be serious stuffs... You win some, you lose some. What's the beef with that?

For the record, "~5K" doesn't tell anything, and it's not being "destroyed" by anything, in fact beating 90% of the scores posted in there. I only beat it by a SMALL margin, I don't see why it's a big deal
Old May 21, 2011, 01:11 PM   #197
demo
space cadet

Nothing to be ashamed of, I already said I got destroyed in my first post, fair enough 5k doesnt tell you much but I uninstalled it and am not interested in it after seeing the way it evaluates systems. I cbf reinstalling and waiting for it again, its a long benchmark and I have ~2GB of my data left for almost 10 days (I get 100GB per month cap).

I'm interested in 3D performance and if you are too feel free to post your 3Dmark11 score here.
Old May 21, 2011, 02:22 PM   #198
demo
space cadet

So who deleted the wee weee posts? admin or mosh? because now it looks like I was talking to myself
Old May 21, 2011, 03:30 PM   #199
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
So who deleted the wee weee posts? admin or mosh? because now it looks like I was talking to myself
I see at least 2 of them still.
Old May 21, 2011, 03:37 PM   #200
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
and if you are too feel free to post your 3Dmark11 score here.
I did! And did DARNED tooting well for a single card setup! Scaled well in all aspects for my target machine, I thought. It's no dually card, or triple card machine, but rips the monitor resolution my desk space restricts me to totally up

Like I said before, I'm not ashamed of my score at all, in fact QUITE proud of it! I'll repost it again, since ya asked so sweetly

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1203797
total score : 6438
graphics score : 5936
physics score : 11096 (this makes me particularly happy! 5Ghz at work, baby!)
combined score : 6471

I even get a warning telling me my graphics score is below expected, LOL! If that's below expected, I think I'm doing awesome and not sweating it

Now there's my losing score to your triple card beast! Give me the same fairness in posting your link to the run you made with PCMark, you don't have to run it again, or post it here even, just in the PCMark thread

Last edited by moshpit : May 21, 2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old May 21, 2011, 03:50 PM   #201
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Hmmmm, though my graphics score MAY be significantly lower then it should be. I got my EVGA GTX 580 before my Sandy Bridge, and ran it briefly on my i7 860 that's oc'd to 3.6Ghz. The physics score is obvious WAY lower with the weaker Nehalem generation and lower clocks, but look at the graphics score:

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/321167
3DMark Score : P6682
Graphics Score : 6710
Physics Score : 7276
Combined Score : 5794

This rig is a i7 860 on EVGA P55-SLI with 4Gb DDR3 (normally 8) on the lowest memory speed possible. May do some investigation about what's going on there, the GTX 580 should be scoring in the 6700's in the graphics test at... oh, I ran it at 920mhz GPU clock, that MIGHT have something to do with it

Edit: I know what I left out on the previous 5Ghz benchy now, will return shortly with a PROPER accounting of both a 920mhz GPU and 5Ghz CPU!

Last edited by moshpit : May 21, 2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old May 21, 2011, 04:15 PM   #202
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Seems I got a little heated there so I'll apologize for that.
Last night I let PCMark start the bench, then I layed down for a minute and it was taking a while so I fell asleep.. woke up and turned off my PC without thinking, now I don't feel like letting it run again.

The 2 WD's I run in RAID0 are old, but give me plenty of performance and 800GB of storage. I'll be replacing them once SSDs get more affordable and the $$ per GB comes down. Nothing wrong with them, but for real-world gaming it's not worth the money.

For the record, I got the 1st GTX480 as a hand-me-down, and the 2nd for $200 from a member on these boards, so I spent next to nothing for top-end performance.
Old May 21, 2011, 04:38 PM   #203
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Improvements, to be sure:

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1242651
3DMark Score : P6672 (all of 200 points gained)
Graphics Score : 6232 (all of 300 points gained )
Physics Score : 10045 (1000 point drop???)
Combined Score : 6855

Interestingly, a noticeable drop in physics (not sure why), but increased graphics score pushes total up significantly. Also of note, no longer any warnings about not performing to spec, LOL! Wonder what would happen with a second GTX 580 (plus new 850w Corsair PSU to accompany the already targeted Corsair H100 ), my birthday isn't too far away, but then so is the next gen coming up soon as well...

Last edited by moshpit : May 21, 2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old May 21, 2011, 04:48 PM   #204
Nunz
RIP Roxen

You'd get around 10k with the cards @ stock
Old May 21, 2011, 06:10 PM   #205
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
You'd get around 10k with the cards @ stock
Meh then. I'm suspecting a single GPU of the next gen will tag 10K if overclocked, so won't bother with a second one yet. Only a single monitor at 1920x1080 to feed here, so more then one GTX580 would be silly.
Old May 21, 2011, 06:17 PM   #206
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Not at all, I'm running at 1920x1080 right now and Metro 2033 maxed out without DoF is great.

I did get it for 3D though, but I've been playing everything in 2D lately..
Old May 22, 2011, 12:53 AM   #207
demo
space cadet

Seems about right for your system Mosh, you could easily break ~7.3k or so with some tighter RAM timings. As Nunz said SLI will net you around 10-11k at stock settings.

And I can assure you there are many games and reasons to get SLI at 1080p, sure Tri is overkill but dual SLI would be just nice imo.
Old May 22, 2011, 02:20 AM   #208
moshpit
Resident Mac Hater

Subscriber

Quote:
Seems about right for your system Mosh, you could easily break ~7.3k or so with some tighter RAM timings. As Nunz said SLI will net you around 10-11k at stock settings.

And I can assure you there are many games and reasons to get SLI at 1080p, sure Tri is overkill but dual SLI would be just nice imo.
I don't think the game that's been eating all my time will benefit much when I'm already at 8xAA. Civ V is more CPU hungry at this res still. And for some reason, I can't stop playing it
Old May 29, 2011, 06:51 PM   #209
AdamK47
Radeon R700

AdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Suppose I'll post mine.

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1222238

Intel Core i7 980X @ 4200MHz
Asus P6X58D Premium @ 21 x 200MHz
12GB Corsair XMS3 @ 2000 DDR
Three GTX 580 in Tri-SLI @ 850/2200
120GB Vertex 3 SSD
50GB Vertex 2 SSD
Two 3TB Deskstar 7K3000 in RAID-0 - 6TB
1TB SpinPoint F1
LG 32" 32LD450 LCD
Samsung 22X SH-S223L DVD-RW
Asus Xonar Essence STX sound card
Antec Twelve Hundred case
Corsair H70 cooling
Corsair AX1200 power supply
CST LaserTRAC 2545 trackball
Razer Black Widow Ultimate keyboard
Shure SRH840 headphones
Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:11 PM   #210
demo
space cadet

nice score adam

another pb for me

P17533 http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1331863