Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 3, 2012, 09:48 PM   #6511
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECH1 View Post
Why so mad? Don't worry, they going to nerf the over powering suppression. But until then I'll enjoy the increase in kill rate it offers.
Or suppress the other team as a sniper.
What part of what I said made you assume I'm mad? I'm just pointing out the obvious. The new suppression doesn't phase me any way, so what you said is not true.
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2012, 09:53 PM   #6512
ECH1
deal with it

ECH1 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplode View Post
What part of what I said made you assume I'm mad? I'm just pointing out the obvious. The new suppression doesn't phase me any way, so what you said is not true.
Your responses make it clear that this has upset you . Like I said, if one gets the shot off first the other person doesn't have a chance.

Another thing I noticed, when I'm suppressed and switch to pistol I'm still able to take them out 1st . Awesome.
ECH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2012, 09:57 PM   #6513
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Your responses make it clear that this has upset you . Like I said, if one gets the shot off first the other person doesn't have a chance.

Another thing I noticed, when I'm suppressed and switch to pistol I'm still able to take them out 1st . Awesome.
Well you're wrong again. Like I said that's not true more then HALF the time I get shot at first I still come out on top so you're just wrong, and bad. Same thing as I said at first.
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:02 PM   #6514
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplode View Post
Well you're wrong again. Like I said that's not true more then HALF the time I get shot at first I still come out on top so you're just wrong, and bad. Same thing as I said at first.
You got mad at my post then say I'm wrong on the premise that suppression doesn't effect you (which causes random bullet deviation). Just so you can argue on the internet.
--------

I've notice that my kill rate has gone up since they've increase suppression. I guess I'll take advantage of it while it lasts. But it really should be just a loadout feature though. But the one thing I've noticed is that it doesn't matter if you are accurate on the 1st shot or not. Just get the shot off 1st. As long as the other player is suppressed you have the advantage.

Last edited by ECH1 : Apr 3, 2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:19 PM   #6515
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Sounds to me like you keep saying I got mad to make yourself feel better because you're wrong? Even if I did get mad that would be irrelevant.

What I actually said is that you're are wrong and pointed out the reason(you're bad). Whoever gets the shot off first is not always the winner.
Quote:
Old Apr 3, 2012, 10:21 PM   #6516
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Metro + 64 players = win.

Now in this map and with this many people who gives a crap about balance lol. Its all about baseraping and whoever can control their closest objective and the ticket booth spawn will most likely win. And that's usually the terrorists since they get to the ticket booth way faster than the marines.....

Oh well its fun unlocking **** this way cuz you can gettns of kills (thank you stairs/escelator choke points)

Decent to good teamwork actually does wonders here, but most of the time people are camping the escelators and stairs and refusing to push forward......
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:00 PM   #6517
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post

Now in this map and with this many people who gives a crap about balance lol. Its all about baseraping and whoever can control their closest objective and the ticket booth spawn will most likely win. And that's usually the terrorists since they get to the ticket booth way faster than the marines.....

Oh well its fun unlocking **** this way cuz you can gettns of kills (thank you stairs/escelator choke points)

Decent to good teamwork actually does wonders here, but most of the time people are camping the escelators and stairs and refusing to push forward......
Hop on the 15000 ticket metro server
Old Apr 3, 2012, 11:12 PM   #6518
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post

I've seen USA get to the ticket booth first at times when there is no countdown. Which makes for an interesting game.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 04:42 AM   #6519
LordJuanlo
Catalyst Beta Tester

LordJuanlo is still being judged by the masses

When the server me and my buddies are playing on changes map to Metro, we all press alt-f4 and start looking for another server.

Metro... not
3 x Radeon 7970 on 3 x Benq XL2420T (EyeFinity 5760x1080 @ 120Hz)
Onkyo TX-NR709 Receiver / KEF KHT 2005.3 Speakers / Westone 3 EarPhones
Ideazon Fang / Microsoft Wireless Controller / G27 Racing Wheel
Windows 8 Pro x64 / Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Oculus Rift
LordJuanlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 05:02 AM   #6520
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

How's metro with the new suppression lol? A constant blur?
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 09:36 AM   #6521
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
How's BF3 with the new suppression lol? A constant blur?
Fix'd.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 10:02 AM   #6522
ECH1
deal with it

Someone posted a video showing exactly what I was saying earlier. If you shot first regardless if you hit or not you have the advantage (will win).

The sniper ahead shoots first. And admits he wasn't even trying to take him out but did anyway. This new level of suppression needs to be removed.

Last edited by ECH1 : Apr 4, 2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 01:39 PM   #6523
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Someone posted a video showing exactly what I was saying earlier. If you shot first regardless if you hit or not you have the advantage (will win).
Actually that's NOT what they are showing. They are showing that one could win without aiming at the target but rather around them because of bullet deviation. Doesn't matter who shoots first BOTH of them are being suppressed so if you miss your first shot then both of you are suppressed at %100 hp and it's just luck from there. This video is also a little misleading since both of them are using snipers(shotty sniper) and when you using Automatic rifles you don't notice it as much.
Quote:
Old Apr 4, 2012, 01:47 PM   #6524
pradvan
Sla

pradvan is still being judged by the masses

Suppression; the fire fights are definitely longer now. I like it. It's a game. This adds to the "random" factor and makes each encounter a little different. Use cover ffs.

If you want the same old mechanics, go play BC2; it's still a great game.
pradvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 02:25 PM   #6525
Bhruic
Radeon R300

Bhruic is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I'm confused. Should the person who shoots first generally lose? Shooting first is an advantage, so the person who does so [i]should[i] win more often - assuming they aren't a terrible shot.
Bhruic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 02:31 PM   #6526
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhruic View Post
I'm confused. Should the person who shoots first generally lose? Shooting first is an advantage, so the person who does so [i]should[i] win more often - assuming they aren't a terrible shot.
Generally, if you shoot 1st and hit your target (which is the important part) should allow you to win. However, with suppression you don't have to hit your target. All you need to do is suppress them and you have the advantage. Which is what the video shows. Here's another video where this is looked into further:
Video 2 of suppression

So there's no mistaking it. He clearly shots first but his aim is to the right of the player. As the player is suppressed he wins the show down yet never has his crosshairs on him.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 03:06 PM   #6527
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Generally, if you shoot 1st and hit your target (which is the important part) should allow you to win. However, with suppression you don't have to hit your target. All you need to do is suppress them and you have the advantage. Which is what the video shows. Here's another video where this is looked into further:
Video 2 of suppression

So there's no mistaking it. He clearly shots first but his aim is to the right of the player. As the player is suppressed he wins the show down yet never has his crosshairs on him.
The person who shoots first will have an advantage always just like in any other shooter but you are WRONG in saying that the first person who gets the first shot off will always win.

Again the video is not showing who gets the advantage the video is showing how bullets deviate and how you can kill without aiming at a target, it is not about advantage.
Quote:
Old Apr 4, 2012, 03:09 PM   #6528
ECH1
deal with it

Here's yet another video showing the actual aiming of the suppressed target

Video 2 of suppression

It's clear that he's aiming away from the target. Yet he gets the kill. Although it doesn't show who shot who first. The other 2 videos clearly show that already.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 03:10 PM   #6529
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradvan View Post
Suppression; the fire fights are definitely longer now. I like it. It's a game. This adds to the "random" factor and makes each encounter a little different. Use cover ffs.

If you want the same old mechanics, go play BC2; it's still a great game.
I'm really not seeing fire fights lasting longer. I mean they last longer when I'm shooting a target and hitting them, taking twice as long to kill someone, and twice the hits, yet I die in 1 or 2 shots, with no time to react with my ping at 60..

edit: just watched the two videos.. I guess I have to quit aiming to get the kills hmmmm?

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Last edited by NWR_Midnight : Apr 4, 2012 at 03:17 PM.
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 03:12 PM   #6530
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The suppression is ****ing retarded.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 04:02 PM   #6531
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
I'm really not seeing fire fights lasting longer. I mean they last longer when I'm shooting a target and hitting them, taking twice as long to kill someone, and twice the hits, yet I die in 1 or 2 shots, with no time to react with my ping at 60..

edit: just watched the two videos.. I guess I have to quit aiming to get the kills hmmmm?
The idea is to suppress them 1st. It's been working for me although that's not how we should be playing. The best way to fix it is to remove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
The suppression is ****ing retarded.
Not many like it that I know of.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 04:34 PM   #6532
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Volcanic Islands

NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

per wikipedia:

Suppressive fire, weapons fire that degrades the performance of a target below the level needed to fulfill its mission

so, suppression should degrade their performance so they cannot kill you, but not kill them. So they need to fix it so it does just that, and if you want to kill your target you actually have to aim and hit them.

If you are just trying to suppress them, then they should get blurred vision/in accurate shots.. etc.. IE you are suppressing a group of enemy fighters to allow your team mates to run to cover, or something of that sort.

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2012, 04:47 PM   #6533
ECH1
deal with it

IMO, it should be limited to support class. Snipers should never be able to suppress targets. Increase the number of rounds in succession it take to start suppression. Afterwards, limit the amount of blur add recoil and remove deviation. Once the firing is stopped the suppression effect should stop instantly. But yeah, suppression shouldn't take out targets.

Suppression should only work on certain environments. Out in the open suppression should have a very little effect on the target. The object here is to eliminate the target because there is no "cover" to force the target to hide behind. Open windows, walls, corners, waist high partitions, etc should yield the max. effect of suppression because that's the optimal place it would force the target to "hide" behind. Also, I can't see why suppression shouldn't work on targets in prone, bipod position either but that's just my opinion.

Last edited by ECH1 : Apr 4, 2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:47 AM   #6534
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

How suppression should work:

-Create a sphere around a player, the more accurate a shot, the more suppression effect.
-The higher the rate of fire, the more suppression effect.
-If you hit walls, rocks, cars, etc close to target, the target should get suppressed.
- Random deviation is OK, but you should still be able to hit the target instead of having some hole in the middle you can't hit and actually have to aim off target to hit anything.
-Direct hits to target should cause suppression or wounding effect on target controlls, but not so big you can't respond either.

So, the effect is overdone, but it is for everyone. I don't really get the respons so many people give that it's a bs kill and they are way to suppressed. If you would play better you would get the edge as the effect is the same on everyone.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 11:14 AM   #6535
ECH1
deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PyroPath View Post
How suppression should work:

-Create a sphere around a player, the more accurate a shot, the more suppression effect.
-The higher the rate of fire, the more suppression effect.
-If you hit walls, rocks, cars, etc close to target, the target should get suppressed.
- Random deviation is OK, but you should still be able to hit the target instead of having some hole in the middle you can't hit and actually have to aim off target to hit anything.
-Direct hits to target should cause suppression or wounding effect on target controlls, but not so big you can't respond either.

So, the effect is overdone, but it is for everyone. I don't really get the respons so many people give that it's a bs kill and they are way to suppressed. If you would play better you would get the edge as the effect is the same on everyone.
Although I don't fully agree with you I do understand what you are saying.
-Suppression should start once a succession of rounds have reach it's target. It shouldn't be happening on the 1st shot. For example snipers shouldn't be suppressing players. And IMO should only be delegated to support role.
-Suppression is best left with targets that are next to walls, partitions, corners, windows, etc. As that allows the ideal situation where someone would need to 'duck' or 'hide' behind something. If the person is out in the open the objective is to hit the target. Hitting the target alone causes a person to try to leave the area even though there is no cover. Adding suppression on top of hitting the target is IMO overkill when they have a clear line of sight of the target.
-I'm not sure what you mean by suppressing hit targets (could you elaborate). IMO, the only reward you should get is that little X indicating you've hit the target thus reducing their health. Anything more then that is over the top.

Last edited by ECH1 : Apr 5, 2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:21 PM   #6536
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Reading over this thread, LOL. Bring on Diablo 3. Had enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:42 PM   #6537
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Despite all its changes BF3 is still my number one online game. The suppression effect is tough sometimes but it works out in my favor most of the time. Id say about 90% of the time I get the first shot off anyway.

I do think rockets are way to overpowered now against helis and soflam that dont need to be manned have unbalanced the game play. One hit now and helis(especially the little bird) are hard to control.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:57 PM   #6538
Danny Nissan
high quality troll

Danny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDanny Nissan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I hate random deviation. I dont care about blurry screen, or assist points or whatever.

Dont artificially make me worse by removing aim from the game. Its retarded.
ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus
Danny Nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2012, 01:52 PM   #6539
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

and that is all it needs to be. blurring the screen is fine, but making me miss automatically on top of the blur is stupid. perhaps do that with full automatic fire, but not burst.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 02:09 PM   #6540
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Lets see how they address the issues. Have they had any statements about bullet deviation?

logical is offline   Reply With Quote