Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Tweaking, Modding, and Overclocking
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Tweaking, Modding, and Overclocking Discuss Radeon tweaking, modding, and overclocking practices. Want to post your benchmarks scores? This is the place!

Old Mar 19, 2011, 09:59 PM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

2011 Macbook Pro 17" completely stock.

Seems pretty darned decent for a laptop. I really love my new machine.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:45 AM   #152
pahncrd

Subscriber

Here is my vantage score with 3 570s in tri-sli at stock.

Hmm, so is this about in line with where it should be? It seems kind of low...

EDIT: I am thinking it is my power supply not providing enough juice to the cards. The 12v sits at 10.5v just at idle, with is way out of spec. Damn, didn't want to have to buy another one.

Last edited by pahncrd : Mar 30, 2011 at 02:14 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 04:47 PM   #153
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
Here is my vantage score with 3 570s in tri-sli at stock.

http://i.imgur.com/sonGX.jpg

Hmm, so is this about in line with where it should be? It seems kind of low...

EDIT: I am thinking it is my power supply not providing enough juice to the cards. The 12v sits at 10.5v just at idle, with is way out of spec. Damn, didn't want to have to buy another one.
It's low, my gpu score is higher than yours with two 480s

You should probably also benchmark it with gpu physics disabled, otherwise your cpu score will be inflated

Last edited by Mangler : Mar 30, 2011 at 05:17 PM.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 30, 2011, 05:26 PM   #154
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post

You should probably also benchmark it with gpu physics disabled, otherwise your cpu score will be inflated
Yeah, something is definitely going on. I am going to reinstall windows and give it a fresh start.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:00 PM   #155
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post

So I ended up replacing the PSU with a Antec 1200w Quatro. Still getting low scores though.

EDIT: Now I cannot even break 34k. What the hell is going on?

Last edited by pahncrd : Mar 31, 2011 at 01:17 AM.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 04:08 PM   #156
pahncrd

Subscriber

Alright, things are looking much better now.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 11:36 PM   #157
Jokerzwild
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jokerzwild is still being judged by the masses

How'd you get that score to look better? Nice increase!

Are you running with PhysX on? Looks like it.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:20 AM   #158
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerzwild View Post
How'd you get that score to look better? Nice increase!

Are you running with PhysX on? Looks like it.
I had to disable speedstep, c1e and virtualization support in the bios. That had a major impact for performance.

Oh yeah, that's with physx on, as it was just a default settings run to make sure that my rig was performing in line with other similar systems, not for comparison to ATi based systems.

I actually did try and run a sans-gpu physx run, but for some reason vantage keeps telling me that something is taking focus, and I am not sure what it would be, as I have killed every background process I can think of. I might just have to sit here and baby-sit it or something.

EDIT:

Went ahead and ran without physx by babysitting it and clicking every so often to keep it in focus. Is it normal to have a 3.5ghz i7 only get 20k on the CPU score? Seems pretty harsh considering the 4.4ghz in the above posts pulled more than double the CPU score, course, I imagine it just isn't a linear score. GPU score is above 40k though at stock, so no complaints there. I am a really hard on GPUs since I almost always play with 3d stereo enabled, so it is more necessary to have more horse power there for me. However, the headroom is there on my i7 to go to at least 3.8 if I care to open up the side of my case.

More than likely I will upgrade to the best Sandy Bagina chip I can afford come this winter or in the spring of 2012.

At least my GPUs are ready for when I get that new 27" 120hz 3d ready monitor I have been drooling over.

Last edited by pahncrd : Apr 5, 2011 at 12:41 AM.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 01:41 AM   #159
Jokerzwild
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jokerzwild is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I had to disable speedstep, c1e and virtualization support in the bios. That had a major impact for performance.

Oh yeah, that's with physx on, as it was just a default settings run to make sure that my rig was performing in line with other similar systems, not for comparison to ATi based systems.

I actually did try and run a sans-gpu physx run, but for some reason vantage keeps telling me that something is taking focus, and I am not sure what it would be, as I have killed every background process I can think of. I might just have to sit here and baby-sit it or something.

EDIT:

Went ahead and ran without physx by babysitting it and clicking every so often to keep it in focus. Is it normal to have a 3.5ghz i7 only get 20k on the CPU score? Seems pretty harsh considering the 4.4ghz in the above posts pulled more than double the CPU score, course, I imagine it just isn't a linear score. GPU score is above 40k though at stock, so no complaints there. I am a really hard on GPUs since I almost always play with 3d stereo enabled, so it is more necessary to have more horse power there for me. However, the headroom is there on my i7 to go to at least 3.8 if I care to open up the side of my case.

More than likely I will upgrade to the best Sandy Bagina chip I can afford come this winter or in the spring of 2012.

At least my GPUs are ready for when I get that new 27" 120hz 3d ready monitor I have been drooling over.
Hey hey, I need to try without Speedstep on. I've always kept virtualization off though. I was always partial to keeping Speedstep on though.

I just ran Vantage right before I laid down in the bed (tablet lovin' ) and my cpu score was 28,7**. That's with my 2600k at stock 3.4 with Turbo on up to 3.8ghz. I guess your score is in the ballpark considering the extra mhz Turbo is giving me.

Lol... I've got a pc in the other room with only a stock 2.4ghz Q6600 and a gtx285 and when I run Vantage with physx on I get about double my 2600k/HD6870's cpu score. I sure wish you could get that measure of computational performance from stream processing/gpgpu in real world gaming situations!!
Old Apr 5, 2011, 01:52 AM   #160
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Old Apr 5, 2011, 02:27 AM   #161
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
Nice score. You either have physx on or have a 6ghz sandy bragina.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 03:17 AM   #162
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Nice score. You either have physx on or have a 6ghz sandy bragina.
I just got back from a holiday in the future and brought back an 8 core 2011 skt at 6.5GHz thank you very much.

What's PhysX?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 03:45 AM   #163
pahncrd

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
I just got back from a holiday in the future and brought back an 8 core 2011 skt at 6.5GHz thank you very much.

What's PhysX?
Sounds plausible, alright then, carry on.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 03:27 PM   #164
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

http://3dmark.com/3dmv/3061971

Graphics Score

CPU Score

Jane Nash
103.78 FPS

New Calico
100.26 FPS

AI Test
3640.93 operations/s

Physics Test
32.21 operations/s

No PhysX, the 480s are at stock undervolted to 1000mv, instead of 1038.. Trying to do my best keeping the heat down.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Apr 7, 2011, 07:53 PM   #165
demo
space cadet

not bad, 34K was my score with Tri-Fire 5850's and a quad
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:34 PM   #166
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I'll give them a run at 800 tomorrow. I've been fooling around and 700/1400/1900 at 1000mv

I don't know how you do 3 cards.. these 2 are heat monsters.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:20 PM   #167
demo
space cadet

They've been ok so far (touch wood) they have 2 x 120mm fans blowing straight on them from the side and front, and 2 x 80mm above and below.

The 580's also have the vapor chamber cooler on them, which I've heard can be placed directly on a 480 without issue and reducing temps.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 03:17 PM   #168
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Interesting idea.

I think a new case is in order though, the HAF932 OG is just outdated at this point.
Love it though, not really willing to spend $200 just to get the HAF932-X, which is my case with a higher motherboard tray and an extra useless fan.

Might check out Lian Li and get a real nice case that I'll keep for a long time.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 11:14 PM   #169
GotNoRice
2x 4870x2 Quad CF

GotNoRice is still being judged by the masses

I think that's a pretty good score considering that almost every component in my computer dates back to ~2008.

Q9650 E0 @ 4.4Ghz (Tuniq Tower 120)
Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
2x 4870x2 Quad CrossfireX
6GB PC8500
X-Fi Titanium PCI-E
Intel X25-M G2
Antec TruePower Quattro 1000w

Edit: Just upgraded my motherboard and CPU to an i5-2500k @ 5Ghz

http://gotnorice.no-ip.org/vantageafter.jpg

Last edited by GotNoRice : Sep 23, 2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:09 AM   #170
john dolan
Radeon R300

john dolan is still being judged by the masses