Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 16, 2019, 08:29 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Default World War Z (PC)

I hadn't seen a thread for this, so if there is one just merge it.

Videos have started hitting YouTube over the weekend of gameplay. I'm not a huge zombie game fan, but I loved the movie and the gameplay doesn't look too bad.

https://epicgames.com/store/en-US/pr...rld-war-z/home
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2019, 09:56 PM   #2
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

does look good! But hear the bots are dumb for single player?
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:29 PM   #3
Drexion
Radeon Sea Islands

Drexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrexion can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

There's some streamers on twitch playing it right now for anyone that wants to check it out. Looks like a modern take on Left 4 Dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2
does look good! But hear the bots are dumb for single player?
That's exactly what Angry Joe said about it on his stream, that it doesn't make sense playing this game without friends. Also they criticized the amount of content in the game, saying that they would not purchase it at full price.

On the plus side the crowd tech they're using looks pretty decent, the last game which did this well was AC:Unity whose crowd tech at the time was amazing with hundreds of characters on screen at the same time.
[Proc: Intel Core i7 [email protected]][GPU: MSI GTX980Ti 6GB][Mem: 64GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 2666-DDR4][Mobo: Asus X99-A][HD: Samsung 500GB SSD 840 EVO][PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W G2][Audio: Yamaha RX-V673 7.2/JBL 7.2 Surround]
Drexion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 17, 2019, 08:42 AM   #4
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Looks fun as a coop game. If it was on Steam, I'd probably pick it up pretty quick.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 09:19 AM   #5
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Looks like mindless fun (for a short time) granted you play with real people.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2019, 09:42 AM   #6
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Yeah, I've been pining for a new version of Left 4 Dead so I am interested, but not sure I like the 3rd person perspective. I saw Angry Joe playing some sort of weird multiplayer match but haven't seen anything resembling the monsters/survivors multiplayer from L4D yet (if it exists).

I also wish it was on Steam - not necessarily for the launcher or whatnot, but because they likely would have offered a 4-pack and Epic doesn't do anything like that.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2019, 09:49 AM   #7
Fleksta
Radeon R600

Fleksta is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Black View Post
Yeah, I've been pining for a new version of Left 4 Dead so I am interested, but not sure I like the 3rd person perspective.
I don't like it either, the way the entire character model was shaking when firing weapons was really off-putting for some reason. Probably because I've been playing the Division 2 which does 3rd person excellently.

The rest of what I've seen looks pretty cool though, so I'll probably keep it on my radar. Though the Walking Dead game looked neat at first as well
Fleksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2019, 09:55 AM   #8
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
I also wish it was on Steam - not necessarily for the launcher or whatnot, but because they likely would have offered a 4-pack and Epic doesn't do anything like that.
Let me know if you end up picking it up on Epic. If you do, I might as well to do some coop.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:03 AM   #9
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

I acquired it... Basically left for dead 3. Third person perspective is fine.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:31 AM   #10
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Let me know if you end up picking it up on Epic. If you do, I might as well to do some coop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
I acquired it... Basically left for dead 3. Third person perspective is fine.
OMG, you two aren't helping! I've nearly hit "purchase" on this a few times already... how can I resist!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:46 AM   #11
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Don't do it yet as I have some other things keeping me away from gaming at the moment, but should freed up near the end of May. So wait until then so I'm not a noob like in Helldivers.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:04 AM   #12
fellix_bg
Don't lettuce on me!

fellix_bg doesn't need no stinkin' badgesfellix_bg doesn't need no stinkin' badgesfellix_bg doesn't need no stinkin' badgesfellix_bg doesn't need no stinkin' badgesfellix_bg doesn't need no stinkin' badgesfellix_bg doesn't need no stinkin' badgesfellix_bg doesn't need no stinkin' badgesfellix_bg doesn't need no stinkin' badgesfellix_bg doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I tried the single-player mode and I don't find the third person perspective suitable for the fast-paced action, mostly compared to L4D, since WWZ essentially imitates it. The game wants to play like L4D, while it feels like The Division and the result is a bit confusing, particularly for me as a seasoned L4D player.

Life has more imagination than we carry in our dreams...
fellix_bg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:05 AM   #13
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
Don't do it yet as I have some other things keeping me away from gaming at the moment, but should freed up near the end of May. So wait until then so I'm not a noob like in Helldivers.
Man that game (Helldivers) was good! I'm sure Apex can keep me going for a bit longer
Old Apr 19, 2019, 12:57 AM   #14
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

So I picked this up and it's pretty fun! Like how they've upped the zombie count from Left 4 Dead, though I don't think the story writing and set pieces are as neat as L4D had. Only played on Normal level which seems a bit too easy but probably good to get used to the different battlefields.

A few technical words of warning - probably won't affect most, but I nearly refunded this though decided to overlook:
  • No Ultrawide Support (devs know so hopefully incoming)
  • Launching through Steam (to get overlay) makes it so you cannot play online (not sure why - unless it's an anti-cheat thing)
  • Likely due to the above, my Steam Controller is not recognized even though the overlay runs
  • No FoV slider
Went with KB+M and thought I go for it and enjoyed it enough that I will just keep playing that way (though I hope they will address these issues).
Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:20 PM   #15
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
So I picked this up and it's pretty fun!
What? You are dead to me...

Old Yesterday, 09:03 AM   #16
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Quote:
What? You are dead to me...

Lol. There are quite a few classes to level up so I can start a new one at level 1 once you jump aboard.
Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM   #17
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

How does this compare to Days Gone?
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:05 PM   #18
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It's nothing like that game, this is a left 4 dead copy.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote