Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Discussion and Support General discussion, tweaking, overclocking and technical support questions about discrete Radeon graphics products.

Old Sep 29, 2020, 06:01 PM   #751
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Interesting. I didn't know Sapphire made the reference boards! Regardless, change Sapphire out for XFX or Powercolor. Can't imagine they're happy considering they're getting locked out for potentially months before being able to release a product.
XFX is already slinging mud Nvidia's way over their launch on social media. I'm sure they don't mind waiting they only deal with AMD after the way Nvidia treated them.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2020, 06:14 PM   #752
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
XFX is already slinging mud Nvidia's way over their launch on social media. I'm sure they don't mind waiting they only deal with AMD after the way Nvidia treated them.
Eh, I never liked XFX and thought they made crap from the start. Right around the time they decided to start selling AMD chips, XFX was getting hammered for making garbage cards. The quality control was very suspect and they were getting a lot of negative attention at that time.

I do agree that NV was in the wrong for cutting them off as a partner due to wanting to sell AMD/ATI GPUs, though. There's a reason NV doesn't do that to companies like ASUS or Gigabyte .. they're simply too big to **** with, and both ASUS and Gigabyte make fantastic custom PCBs ..
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2020, 09:28 PM   #753
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
from what we have so far there are no AIB's

it is all reference cards only to start

i bet we won't see AIB's cards till next year

if the AIB's were involved at all at this point we would have a lot more leaks
Theres a reason for that in that the big aib's treated amd like crap often using crappy or even the wrong coolers for the amd cards. One asus card had a nvidia cooler with the base plate offset of the gpu die leading to stupid overheating. Cutting them out for now might just be a wake up call if amd has a winner on its hands and sells out.

XFX had crappy cards but lately they are decent. I had the XFX HD 5870 that was garbage but the XFX GTR RX480 was one of the best of the bunch. Still have that one in fact as a back up.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.5.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.7.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 29, 2020, 09:43 PM   #754
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax View Post
Theres a reason for that in that the big aib's treated amd like crap often using crappy or even the wrong coolers for the amd cards. One asus card had a nvidia cooler with the base plate offset of the gpu die leading to stupid overheating. Cutting them out for now might just be a wake up call if amd has a winner on its hands and sells out.

XFX had crappy cards but lately they are decent. I had the XFX HD 5870 that was garbage but the XFX GTR RX480 was one of the best of the bunch. Still have that one in fact as a back up.
asus or xfx it's hit or miss my xfx 5970 was great and all my asus AMD dc2's I have had were great also

but then my last AMD card was Fury x

but then Asus did let NV tell them to drop AMD from the ROG line for a bit and that was BS
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote