Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Jun 4, 2020, 09:44 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

In the past I would agree but Nvidia is a serious threat to Intel because of the innovation of nvidia's compute, Ai and data centers and their growth potential. Intel can't allow this to happen.without a fight.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:13 PM   #62
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
In the past I would agree but Nvidia is a serious threat to Intel because of the innovation of nvidia's compute, Ai and data centers and their growth potential. Intel can't allow this to happen.without a fight.
Nvidia is the odd man out with no x86 license

and AMD APU's and Intel integrated graphics ( that this Intel foray into GPU's may help ) is killing the low and low midrange video cards

AMD's new game consoles APU's will kill high midrange video cards

the only thing Nvidia will have is data centers and high end 1k+ video cards
and they need AMD's or Intel CPU's for their data centers
and AMD will be cutting into that soon most likely

and Intel and AMD do work together much more than Nvidia will work with anyone else with all their proprietary BS
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:38 AM   #63
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Based on their size and the money they pull in, you'd think Intel would be a legitimate threat, but right now they can't even manage to get their processors on par with those of a competitor with less than 1/10th the revenue. That makes me skeptical about how much success they're going to have in GPUs, where they don't have a successful development track record at all. Historically, Intel has actually done pretty poorly at expanding outside of its X86 bread and butter. They didn't have much success in breaking into mobile, for example.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Yesterday, 08:14 AM   #64
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Based on their size and the money they pull in, you'd think Intel would be a legitimate threat, but right now they can't even manage to get their processors on par with those of a competitor with less than 1/10th the revenue. That makes me skeptical about how much success they're going to have in GPUs, where they don't have a successful development track record at all. Historically, Intel has actually done pretty poorly at expanding outside of its X86 bread and butter. They didn't have much success in breaking into mobile, for example.
Agreed.

yoz
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM   #65
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Agreed.
Intel is lost in a fog .

AMD pulled a golden rabbet out of the hat with Ryzen's glue and most likely patented it six ways to Sunday

can Intel even use any type of chiplet design without a patent lawsuit at this point ?

they got the money but are stuck with a monolithic CPU design that is not going to last and costs more and more every node
Old Yesterday, 03:13 PM   #66
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

They may be in a fog but found their way to record revenue. Not too bad for a company lost in the fog.
Old Yesterday, 05:07 PM   #67
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
They may be in a fog but found their way to record revenue. Not too bad for a company lost in the fog.
so did AMD

and like NV Intel have their faithful that won't use AMD or would not but that is slowly shrinking
if zen 3 is faster single core also like they say more people will switch

even NV just dropped Intel CPU's for their data centers and went with AMD and you know that had to hurt Jensen to use AMD

unless they can pull a rabbit out soon also their next few lakes are going to be dry soon
Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM   #68
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
If I were you I'd start getting the lube ready, this is gonna hurt!
I thought the exact same thing he did when I spent that much on my 1080ti, because it just seemed pricing was getting out of hand. Then Nvidia says, "but wait there's more!"

I am prepared and ready with lube for this upcoming generation, because I'm about to have to bend over and take it.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM   #69
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
I thought the exact same thing he did when I spent that much on my 1080ti, because it just seemed pricing was getting out of hand. Then Nvidia says, "but wait there's more!"

I am prepared and ready with lube for this upcoming generation, because I'm about to have to bend over and take it.

here you go
for AMD

for NV

https://www.amazon.com/LubeLife-Pers.../dp/B07FMGNV51

Last edited by bill dennison : Yesterday at 05:36 PM.
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #70
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post

Don't worry bud, you'll be in good company here.

yoz

Last edited by acroig : Yesterday at 06:06 PM.
acroig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:14 PM   #71
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
so did AMD

and like NV Intel have their faithful that won't use AMD or would not but that is slowly shrinking
if zen 3 is faster single core also like they say more people will switch

even NV just dropped Intel CPU's for their data centers and went with AMD and you know that had to hurt Jensen to use AMD

unless they can pull a rabbit out soon also their next few lakes are going to be dry soon
Imho,

And a great job by Amd overcoming obstacles to achieve it. Same can be said for Intel with the obstacles of their10nm and the tick-tock strategy. With both having obstacles yet achieving record revenue for their respective companies.

Intel and Nvidia are working on chiplet innovation from horizontal to vertical.